Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Child is seeing ghosts

kirp_7

Hey guys, need a bit of advice.

I recently started seeing a girl who has a 3 yearold son. After 2 months I finally met the little guy and hes great. Normal and fun lol. After about 4 months she old me about his secret....He sees ghosts. She waited and didnt want to tell me and freak me out. But she wanted to be honest and ease me in on it.

He sees his great grandparents daily. Plays with them in his room and talks to them etc... My GF has never met either of them as they died several years before she was born. He was just looking at random family photos one day and pointed to them excitedly and said both of their names outloud. Not even my GF knew who the people in the photos were until she asked her mom. Sure enough he was spot on...it was them.

He talks to alot of people who arent around... I brush it off as an overactive imagination. But there are things that cant be explained. Like on night he was playing on the floor alone...and began to talk to "someone". After about 5 minutes he said, "youre mean! Go away now! I dont like you!" And with that he watched something that i ciould not see leave the room. I watched his head follow the ghost out of the room. That is when the front door (closed) made a loud boom noise. Like someone had punched it. I went and checked it out. No one there.

Just one more experience with him. The three of us were sitting on the couch watching a movie with a blanket cuddled up. The son was sound asleep and had been for about an hour. She reached over and paused the movie and said look at him. He was sleeping...but breathing very rapidly. Shaking. and sweating alot. There was no eye movement which would indicate REM sleep and dreaming. Suddenly she sat up and pointed at the corner of the ceiling and screamed..... He colapsed back down again and instantky woke up crying. Still looking at the corner of the roof and crying he said please mom dont let it take me away,,,

Like i said...these are almost daily occurances. 99 times out of 100 its a playful spirit who he plays games with. But the odd time its somwthin more dark. Any ideas of how we should deal with this? Im a sceptic but some things you cant deny. If you see this first hand you cant deny. Hes been to a doctor and a psychologist and they say hes fine. So lets leave skepticism out for the time being. If you had a child with this abillity...how would you help him/her...what can we do?

• Like 2

Odd, to be sure. Wonder what the psychologist said.

Spiritual would say kids are more prone to seeing things and remembering past lives vividly. This usually goes away as a child ages. Correct me if Im wrong.

• Like 2

Psycologist said that he is your typical 3 year old boy. No explanation as to why he would be seeing things. Said there may be some underlyig issues with his father not being in the picture. But he doesnt know his dad. Never has. And has always had a stable home.

Underlying issues with his dad. Pffft.

Typical psychologist babble.

Anyway can you set up a video camera at all? Or evne take still pictures during occurrences, see if shows anything?

• Like 2

when my niece was like 4 years old they where driveing back to new york from florida and her mom saw that she was laughing and it seemd like she was talking to somebody so her mom asked the kid what are you doing. the kid said iam talking to aunt carol.

my aunt passed away 6 years aho and we never spoke about carol in front of my niece

• Like 1

Thats a good idea. The next time he "plays" with his geat grand parents i will record a video / snap a few pics. Is it even possible to see a ghost on film if i cant see if with my eyes? I know ive seen photos of "somethings" on here before but could never tell if it was real or fake. Like i said normally these occurances for him are pleasant and fun....But its the bad ones we dont know what to do....how can we help him against something we cant see?

• Like 1

Thats a good idea. The next time he "plays" with his geat grand parents i will record a video / snap a few pics. Is it even possible to see a ghost on film if i cant see if with my eyes? I know ive seen photos of "somethings" on here before but could never tell if it was real or fake. Like i said normally these occurances for him are pleasant and fun....But its the bad ones we dont know what to do....how can we help him against something we cant see?

Well i don't personally believe in Ghosts int he sense you mean so I don't have a clue. Was just suggesting it to see what would happen. Even though i don't believe in Ghosts I'm still open minded and would love to see something.

Don't know if you are interested but I look at "ghosts" as left over energy form either a positive event or a negative one. Sort of like when you make a cake there is always some residue somewhere left over. (such a bad analogy but hopefully you get my point lol)

The negative ones this child is having has he described them to his mother in anyway, do they appear to him as ghosts or as something different?

the bad and scary ones look like black monkeys with no eyes and sharp fingers. His words not mine. And seem to always be climbing up the walls

• Like 1

I saw a ghost and when I did I could only see it out of the corner of my eye. If I looked directly at it I couldn't see it. Try that next time he sees one.

Also when you think there is one around take some pictures.

He may not grow out of it, he may always be able to see them. I watched on show on physic kids and some of them end up feeling like outcasts.

the bad and scary ones look like black monkeys with no eyes and sharp fingers. His words not mine. And seem to always be climbing up the walls

hmmm, these could possibly be demons that hes seeing, I noticed in your earlier post you said he said " Dont let them take me" did he mention where to or was he vague with that?

No he kinda shuts down and doesnt want to talk about the bad ones. The good ones he will talk about forever and not shut up lol. But the bad ones he just wants to cry and get cuddled. I dont even know if they have "tried" to take him or if they just look scary and thats his reaction.... I will be spending some significant time with him in the next few days as we are going on a trip together. I will have my camera ready for you guys, and snap any pics i can. I should even try and give him the camera and just tell him to take pics of the ghosts!

• Like 1

I suggest your gf does a complete house cleansing. This child sounds like he is a medium and ghosts are attracted to him. I personally don't believe in demons and most times they are just angry ghosts that want you to think they are demons to scare you or even mentally ill ghosts. I'd make an exception clause in the cleansing to leave the helpful spirits or spirits that don't mean any harm to stay as I think they are protecting him from the others. If you need directions, let me know, I'll PM them to you. It would be a good idea to teach him how to do a protection blessing, basically a prayer for protection, even if you don't believe in God, say universe or whatever you want, it brings positive energy in to protect him.

Leah.

• Like 1

I suggest your gf does a complete house cleansing. This child sounds like he is a medium and ghosts are attracted to him. I personally don't believe in demons and most times they are just angry ghosts that want you to think they are demons to scare you or even mentally ill ghosts. I'd make an exception clause in the cleansing to leave the helpful spirits or spirits that don't mean any harm to stay as I think they are protecting him from the others. If you need directions, let me know, I'll PM them to you. It would be a good idea to teach him how to do a protection blessing, basically a prayer for protection, even if you don't believe in God, say universe or whatever you want, it brings positive energy in to protect him.

Leah.

You say you think they are protecting him from the others, where are they when hes screaming and crying about seeing the others ones then. The darker ones?

You say you think they are protecting him from the others, where are they when hes screaming and crying about seeing the others ones then. The darker ones?

Well, the good ones aren't around all the time, they go other places and there could be other reasons. No one knows everything about the other side, this child might know more than he can express but with time it will fade, well, mostly... don't think all of it will.

I really feel for this kid. Wish someone, like an adult with the same ability, could spend time with him to help him deal with it and understand it.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

I suggest your gf does a complete house cleansing. This child sounds like he is a medium and ghosts are attracted to him. I personally don't believe in demons and most times they are just angry ghosts that want you to think they are demons to scare you or even mentally ill ghosts.

Leah.

To me when i sense a demon is around. I can smell them. They put off a very rotten kinda like stench. It's repulsive. And they have red glowing eyes. Dark shadow figures. Usually in a form of a little girl.

well like I said earlier. Im going to be spending a week with them during new years. Might be a cool experiment to let him take pics of his "friends". Ill keep you all updated with what we see! I do know a girl who is a legit medium. She can call spirits and chat with them etc... Ive seen it first hand and have heard her "protective blessing thing" and she swears by it. Says she would never channel a spirit without saying one first. I should get them together. Anyone have any advice on photographing ghosts or demons? Id like to take legit photos and if anything turns up I dont want people to jump all over them calling them fake. So how would you do it? How can I take the best evidencial photos of ghosts (Assuming I can even capture them)

• Like 1

I dont want people to jump all over them calling them fake. So how would you do it? How can I take the best evidencial photos of ghosts (Assuming I can even capture them)

People will always call what they cannot explain FAKE.

The only person who will know its genuine is you and the people who were with you at the time.

• Like 2

well like I said earlier. Im going to be spending a week with them during new years. Might be a cool experiment to let him take pics of his "friends". Ill keep you all updated with what we see! I do know a girl who is a legit medium. She can call spirits and chat with them etc... Ive seen it first hand and have heard her "protective blessing thing" and she swears by it. Says she would never channel a spirit without saying one first. I should get them together. Anyone have any advice on photographing ghosts or demons? Id like to take legit photos and if anything turns up I dont want people to jump all over them calling them fake. So how would you do it? How can I take the best evidencial photos of ghosts (Assuming I can even capture them)

Sounds right to me, I would never channel a spirit without knowing it's name either... She will know how to do a house cleansing. Good luck with it all.

• Like 1

To me when i sense a demon is around. I can smell them. They put off a very rotten kinda like stench. It's repulsive. And they have red glowing eyes. Dark shadow figures. Usually in a form of a little girl.

Iv heard that demons give off a rotten smell, to alert when there in there area. Not sure if the demon is intentionally giving off the smell, but very interesting

Hey guys, need a bit of advice.

I recently started seeing a girl who has a 3 yearold son. After 2 months I finally met the little guy and hes great. Normal and fun lol. After about 4 months she old me about his secret....He sees ghosts. She waited and didnt want to tell me and freak me out. But she wanted to be honest and ease me in on it.

He sees his great grandparents daily. Plays with them in his room and talks to them etc... My GF has never met either of them as they died several years before she was born. He was just looking at random family photos one day and pointed to them excitedly and said both of their names outloud. Not even my GF knew who the people in the photos were until she asked her mom. Sure enough he was spot on...it was them.

He talks to alot of people who arent around... I brush it off as an overactive imagination. But there are things that cant be explained. Like on night he was playing on the floor alone...and began to talk to "someone". After about 5 minutes he said, "youre mean! Go away now! I dont like you!" And with that he watched something that i ciould not see leave the room. I watched his head follow the ghost out of the room. That is when the front door (closed) made a loud boom noise. Like someone had punched it. I went and checked it out. No one there.

Just one more experience with him. The three of us were sitting on the couch watching a movie with a blanket cuddled up. The son was sound asleep and had been for about an hour. She reached over and paused the movie and said look at him. He was sleeping...but breathing very rapidly. Shaking. and sweating alot. There was no eye movement which would indicate REM sleep and dreaming. Suddenly she sat up and pointed at the corner of the ceiling and screamed..... He colapsed back down again and instantky woke up crying. Still looking at the corner of the roof and crying he said please mom dont let it take me away,,,

Like i said...these are almost daily occurances. 99 times out of 100 its a playful spirit who he plays games with. But the odd time its somwthin more dark. Any ideas of how we should deal with this? Im a sceptic but some things you cant deny. If you see this first hand you cant deny. Hes been to a doctor and a psychologist and they say hes fine. So lets leave skepticism out for the time being. If you had a child with this abillity...how would you help him/her...what can we do?

its common,and real ,in ny opinion .

They usually grow out of it,except he sounds exceptional .He may have second sight .

Its actually difficult,as people think you're a freak,so she needs to handle it properly.

To do that,she must Accept his gift ,as well as not being ashamed of it.

Anyone who can't handle it,if it were my kid ,I would tell to buzz off .