Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Hilarious mistranslated menu items

Still Waters

Who’s in the mood for some crap eggs with bamboo flavor?

How about some half grilled chicken & herpes or the car hit cheese bacon mushroom face?

Below are 15 hilarious menu items, mostly from East Asian countries, that got lost in translation.

http://www.dailymail...order-them.html

Classic, Egg flied lice please.

• Like 1

Reminds me of when I was in Nam and I was in Da Nang getting some R&R and decided to try out some of the local cuisine with a street vendor. This nice lady was making something that smelled great and between my broken French, her broken English and what little Vietnamese I knew at the time and back then you just walked up and pointed, they served you and you ate right there and very often you talked with the vendor as you ate or with the other people you we with. I should say, she was a very nice lady and after having been in the jungle for a couple months and eating whatever came out of a OD green can made whatever it was she was serving up smell heavenly. Also she had a nice crowd, which in international speak mean "the food here is great"......and the Vietnamese loved having US Service men eating at their stands, at least at this time.

So I walk up and I point and she ladles up a nice bowl of this stew over rice with some fried Wonton skins and hands it to me and I hand her the money and the stuff is out of this world great. Spicy, tasty and just wonderful and I quaff it down like I haven't eaten in a month and she loves watching me eat it. The greatest compliment for any cook in that area is to see people enjoy the food you made and I finish it off and look and point to a second pot and she ladles that up for me and passes it to me and damn, it's better than the first dish and I polish it off like I did the first one. So then I ask for a third dish of another pot and it's a bit different, like a fish stew. So after wolfing down these three dishes and letting out a huge belch, again a huge compliment. I was talking to the lady and found the first dish had been a dog stew......yes, dog as in canine. The second had been monkey stew and the third was some type of Vietnamese snake. So while I was more than a little disturbed by what I'd just eaten, I had enjoyed it and thanked her and bowed politely and went on my way. After that I never asked a street vendor what it was I'd just eaten again. I'd just eat it and if it was good then that's all I ever needed to know.

Thus end the stories of my culinary adventures in Southeast Asia.

• Like 4

I once ate at a restaurant in India that offered on the menu "Kentucky Fried Children".

That's one way to solve the overpopulation problem.

• Like 4

In Kowloon I saw a menu offering Boiled Dog, which I found out later was absolutely true. yeeikes.

• Like 1

I would like the stir fried wikipedia please!

"Stir-fried wikipedia" - I wonder what that tastes like.

Brain food ?
  • Like 2

How can you have tasteless coffee?

Tea maybe but never a cappuchino.

Who’s in the mood for some crap eggs with bamboo flavor?

How about some half grilled chicken & herpes or the car hit cheese bacon mushroom face?

Below are 15 hilarious menu items, mostly from East Asian countries, that got lost in translation.

http://www.dailymail...order-them.html

(hehe I just love bad transalations!)

wasnt it on Waynes World when he ordered...."wun long dong with the cream of sum yun gi"? And for afters "sum dum chik"?

well yeh - afters sounds good, but the main?...eeww, Ill have some chips pls!!

Edited by seeder