Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Down the Drain

Orcseeker

I wouldn't be surprised if there were mutations down there..

After what I've eaten over the Christmas season - I'm damned sure there are mutations down there!!!

• Like 1

What you are talking about is not this kind of mutation were talking about.

... So while chemicals cause injury and damage and even damage to DNA my point was passable genetic mutation is unlikely if not impossible or irrelevant to this thread.

how/why is is impossible for genetic mutations caused by chemicals to be passed on to future generations?

how/why is is impossible for genetic mutations caused by chemicals to be passed on to future generations?

I did say "unlikely if not impossible or irrelevant to this thread" and I meant it in context to this thread. Theoretically if both parents contained the exact same damaged gene it may be passed to the offspring but in the real world it it is unlikely as it would probably require

Both parents to have exactly the same mutation.

Not all genetic mutations are even passable to offspring in the first place

A chemical that causes mutation to be present in high enough quantities over a wide enough area that enough organisms "mutate"

the damaged genes doesn't cause sterility or death before reaching maturity

No new genetic material is being added to the gene pool from external sources (this would reduce the number of offspring carrying the mutated genes)

And I'm sure there are other factors I haven't taken into account.

this thread is about mutating to the point a new species is born which I would stand by my statement as there hasn't been enough time, one genetic deviation doesn't make a new species etc etc

sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough.

This thread is another perfect example crypto-gone-wild blank check writing. Just because we are dumping chemicals down the drains and we don't know what kind of effects those chemicals are having doesn't mean that its safe to assume that wild genetic mutations are creating cryptids as a result. There is simply no evidence for it to date.

A thing you don't know is simply a thing you don't know. The abscence of knowledge is not evidence for the fantastic.

This kind of puts me in mind of that video of the horrible pulsating thing in the sewers that's been floating (HAH!) around Youtube for a puckle of years. All I can really say is don't eat spaghetti bolognaise before watching it... Or anything for that matter.

toilet-snake.jpg

Jesus wept! :o

Is it an assp? :w00t: