Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

As I began a new year I must travel into it

Roy Perry

Nothing and something first

12-26-2012

I am about to travel into a new year 2013 is coming fast all things will be done away because it will be 2013 and 2012 will be gone forever. This has went around the once more and we call it 2013 it no longer wears the label 2012 AD we call this period of time 2013 AD which some claim it means after the death of Jesus Christ. The atheist might get a laugh but Jesus Christ died in about 30 AD and was not born in December like some many Christians believe.

Atheist try to stop Christmas because the Christians claim there is a person Santa Claus's with flying reindeer but they do not cry about other fairly tales people talk about as if the are real. How about the Green Giant a add for green beans, Paul Bunyan with Babe the Blue Ox, Peter Cottontail a rabbit that lays color eggs and list is endless but the only that upset people a holiday to make other want to give to each. What wrong with this picture because the America I live in is open to any believe if the Atheist want their fairly believed place add but do not cry about my believes.

So what I believe in a Santa Claus's with flying reindeer a lot of children do too what it hurt fairly are good to teach a child to give to each other is not that better than taking from others. A heart of love beats a heart to take this and that do we not teach our children not to steal to respect others things and not be a bad person. While I will end this with love unto all and good well unto everybody thank you from a believer in Santa Claus from Roy.

Where do people get this idea that Atheist are trying to stop Christmas. All the atheist I know celebrate Christmas. They put up a tree, give presents, eat like hogs, and sing Christmas carols. It was a holiday one way or another long before Jesus or Christians. Only people I know who would like to end Christmas are Jehovah Witnesses and Muslims in that goofy country Ubasawhatever who out lawed Father Frost and his snow maiden. The only fairy tale is the idea atheist are out to destroy anything.

I do know of Christians who would like to do away with Santa because it detracts from the Jesus myth.

My favorite Christmas memory is my father in his underwear and boots with a set of wire cutters telling me he had to go out and help one of Santa's reindeer who was caught in one of the antenna wires on the roof. I was starting to have doubts about Santa, but after that I believed.

Nothing and something first

12-26-2012

I am about to travel into a new year 2013 is coming fast all things will be done away because it will be 2013 and 2012 will be gone forever. This has went around the once more and we call it 2013 it no longer wears the label 2012 AD we call this period of time 2013 AD which some claim it means after the death of Jesus Christ. The atheist might get a laugh but Jesus Christ died in about 30 AD and was not born in December like some many Christians believe.

Atheist try to stop Christmas because the Christians claim there is a person Santa Claus's with flying reindeer but they do not cry about other fairly tales people talk about as if the are real. How about the Green Giant a add for green beans, Paul Bunyan with Babe the Blue Ox, Peter Cottontail a rabbit that lays color eggs and list is endless but the only that upset people a holiday to make other want to give to each. What wrong with this picture because the America I live in is open to any believe if the Atheist want their fairly believed place add but do not cry about my believes.

So what I believe in a Santa Claus's with flying reindeer a lot of children do too what it hurt fairly are good to teach a child to give to each other is not that better than taking from others. A heart of love beats a heart to take this and that do we not teach our children not to steal to respect others things and not be a bad person. While I will end this with love unto all and good well unto everybody thank you from a believer in Santa Claus from Roy.

I don't know of any Christians who actually think the 25th of December is the real date for the birth of Jesus. It has to do with the time of the year, when the longest night has passed and the increase of light is about to begin.

Most Athiest like Christmas, it is afterall mostly a secular holiday in the United States and most likely in most of the world. There are hard brained atheist, like there are hard brained Christians, or people who belong to a political party. Most people are rational, unlike fanatics of all sorts who cause all kinds of silly trouble.

Peace

mark

None of my family are Christians, but we honor Christmas because for us it's all about family & community.

• Like 1

I'm no Christian, but I love christmass. Time off, presents, playing with the kids for a week straight.... What's not to love.

Also, even though I do not believe Jesus was god in the actual sense. I still love the character, the story, and the concept. I go to midnight mass with my wife, and I often wish the Jesus myth were real. I can appreciate Christians for their beliefs while not sharing them.

I know atheist like this as well. They wish it were true, but know its not..... Much like Santa. So during the holidays the pretty much say "what the hell" let's participate in this pleasant fiction.

• Like 1

There a few Atheists who protest against Christmas and it's religious imagery and I have to ask...why?

What problem do some non-believers have with a harmless Christian holiday? There was a group of Atheists in 'Murica who protested against a display of the Stable in Bethlehem statue, what a bunch of prat's they are.

Anti-religious people might do well to focus on the bad things that come with some religions and tackle them if they feel the humanitarian need to do so but **** of away from Christmas, it's just a holiday. I really hope that the sensible Atheist people stay sensible and don't go around roaring at a chocolate Jesus like the idiotic fundamentalist Atheists who give them all a bad name.

"Blah Blah Blah Blah where's the secular humanist display? blah blah blah"

ScreenShot003.jpg

"So you say you hate preachy fundamentalists?" (The face is relevant)

Edited by Sean93

nothing first

thanks everybody

I see now most atheist believe in the story of Santa

it is just hard nose atheist that protest against Christmas and hard nose Christians like JW group and Muslims groups

and one can see that I had a change of my understanding

because for the most I was wrong sorry

with love of nothing and something and a holy kiss of star dust unto you from Roy