Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Orbs' Case CLOSED

ColoradoParanormal

Hey everyone. The reason for this thread is because I'm simply DONE with the topic of "Orbs." We, as a community, have discussed this in such depths and with amazing scientific fortitude that for people to be bringing it up over and over again is insanity. You all know the quote: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result." This is the case here.

So, here it goes:

Orbs, or any of these types of anomalies, have been discussed and solidified here in factual science declaring these as nothing more than natural phenomena. Either Dust, Hair, Bugs, Moisture and the list goes on. Even if you were to "actually capture" something that is nothing natural, scientifically speaking that evidence would have to be discarded because the probability of anomalous artifacts is too high and the only proper way would be to do a controlled testing. Which simply isn't plausible.

So, any picture that is submitted with "orbs" simply must be discarded. Any so called "investigator" worth their salt already knows this and wouldn't look twice. The only way an "Investigator" could perform a true, controlled, test would be to completely vacuum seal the house, room, or area they are investigating, and then after ALL particulates have been settled and cleared, they could take their pictures. At this time, the investigators could determine with almost 100% certainty that what they're catching is paranormal.

As I've said, this simply is not plausible, and therefore, ALL "evidence" of Orbs are simply not viable subjects to test as being "paranormal."

I really and truly hope we can put the final nail in this coffin, as it is topics like this, having to go over the same things and discuss the same things repeatedly without EVER moving forward, that has made me seriously and drastically slow down my posts here.

• Like 1

I like what you're trying to do, but good luck.

Any topic with 'Orbs' in the topic name or description should be have to be viewed by mods and approved before appearing on the forum...

• Like 1

As far as I am concerned orbs were case closed in 1995, after 2 years of empirical research.

Fully agree with your position and sentiment CP, but simple facts will not stop the incredulous believer (and troll) posters.

The situation certainly isn't helped by the unscrupulous ghost investigation types and their websites who continue to promote a mystery to this totally mundane and explainable subject.

• Like 2

I applaud you for this thread. This forum is far too nice to those who are ignorant of physics and the workings of the universe (and all within). Hell we have whole sections dedicated to what is effectively complete and utter garbage and totally impossible by all known laws of physics. But we have to be 'nice' to these people lest they get upset and cry that 'that nasty man is proving me wrong' and throw their toys out the pram. Whatever...

Where the hell has the science and critical thinking gone and why do so many people on here hate it?

• Like 1

While I agree that most orb photographs can be explained through conventional means, it is not the place of anyone here to decide that their personal views on a particular subject represent the final word on the matter and that therefore nobody should ever bring the topic up again.

That is not a road we want to be going down.

Closed.

• Like 6