Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meditation and Dreams

Classified Document

Hey guys. I'm somebody who pretty much never dreams (well I just don't remember them, to be correct), but I have been noticing that for some reason if I meditate during the day I will ALWAYS dream that night when I go to sleep.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Cheers.

Edited by Classified Document

I don't know but maybe because you are more relaxed.

• Like 1

Perhaps you are honing in on the aspect of self observation aka: meditation makes you more aware of thoughts as they are distractions you consciously attempt to manage as a part of the meditation process. Therefore when you sleep you have an "observer" actively noting the thoughts flitting through your mind in the dream state ready to report them so you can use your meditation skills to silence same thoughts - not sure, just a theory to work with?

• Like 3

Hey guys. I'm somebody who pretty much never dreams (well I just don't remember them, to be correct), but I have been noticing that for some reason if I meditate during the day I will ALWAYS dream that night when I go to sleep.

Cheers.

It seems like you are starting to dwell more into spirituality. Becareful when you delve into the world of spirituality. Sometimes it's not good to go too far into it. Sometimes it's best not to know it at all. Ignorance is bliss. Just be good.

• Like 1

Cheers.

When I was younger and was first learning to lucid dream I was taught that if you meditated and relaxed yourself during the day(so went into Alpha Stage I think it is), from this stage goals were set and more easily remembered. So anotherwords you would meditate and set the goal that "I will know I'm dreaming next time I dream and remember the dream" and this apparently helped plant that thought into your mind. Thats what I was taught anyway. So if you've been meditating with that thought slightly on your mind maybe thats why you've been remembering dreams at those times.

You do this during the day and as you fall asleep.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

If this interests you, you can start writing down the dreams that you do remember. By doing this, you will start to increase your ability to recall dreams that you may otherwise not remember. As you start to do more and more of this, it will be nothing to remember 4, 5, 6, or even more dreams a night.

• Like 1

If you practice awareness, you will be more aware. Meditation will make you more aware of your dreams.

:)

• Like 3

I think some it would also have to do with being less stressed out. When you meditate your mind is more free from mental clutter and more grounded in the moment. Quiet and aware - which I think just allows room for better recall.

Just want to add a little tip that works for me and some other people I know. The next time you wake up with no dream recall try meditating for a little while, as soon as possible after waking. You might be surprised at how much comes back that you had forgotten moments before.

• Like 3

The next time you wake up with no dream recall try meditating for a little while, as soon as possible after waking. You might be surprised at how much comes back that you had forgotten moments before.

I will do this! Thanks alot.