Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries

seeder

"Everything is a mystery or an unsolved puzzle until we learn to understand its language. The mystery is our own method understanding things, how much do we need to know to be able say, 'yes I understand that"

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/photos/10-of-the-worlds-biggest-unsolved-mysteries/go-figure

• Like 1

I would say you need to know enough you do understand it. One word in an ancient text translated wrong can make a difference in the message.

• Like 2

The world's biggest mystery? What is the correct direction a toilet paper roll should face. Toilet paper from the front or back?

• Like 7

The world's biggest mystery? What is the correct direction a toilet paper roll should face. Toilet paper from the front or back?

thats only a question for stoners

• Like 2

From the back absolutely... otherwise my cat unrolls the whole darned thing every time....

• Like 7

What herb do you take again?

• Like 2

I would say you need to know enough you do understand it. One word in an ancient text translated wrong can make a difference in the message.

A H-U-G-E difference! So, we must be always careful!! :yes:

University study's suggest 2/3rd's prefer from the front.

Seat up, or seat down?

Seat up, or seat down?

Seat up, or seat down?

Down, always down, or I fall in.

• Like 1

Down, always down, or I fall in.

Look. Don't leap!

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

From the back absolutely... otherwise my cat unrolls the whole darned thing every time....

lol

Edited by wallarookiller

It goes over the top. Anything else is unsanitary and wrong.

And the egg came first because all chickens, by definition come from eggs.

There's no mystery here.

• Like 1

It goes over the top. Anything else is unsanitary and wrong.

And the egg came first because all chickens, by definition come from eggs.

There's no mystery here.

The dinosaur came before the chicken, or the egg. ;)

Well, okay, the dinosaur egg came before the chicken... etcetra, etcetra. :)

They missed the biggest real mystery of all, the Nazca lines in Peru. While creating a code or a bunch of gibberish is not all that hard, the Nazca lines are a true mystery. Even if you buy into the idea that the Inca could see some of the drawings from foothills or fly in hot air balloons or alien spacecraft, why bother?

Awesome page, cheers.

That Taman Shud case is also very interesting. From what I've read he was most likely a spy. No records of him anywhere in Australia, even all flight/cruise records show that every person that visited Australia had also left or permanently moved here.

The forensic team say that he was most likely poisoned, either by himself or someone else and that the poison would have been hard to come by.

There was also a top secret missile launch and intelligence gathering site near Adelaide that apparently had a security breach.

From wiki:

The poem's subject led police to theorise that the man had committed suicide by poison, although there was no other evidence to back the theory.[44] The book was missing the words "Tamam Shud" on the last page, which had a blank reverse, and microscopic tests indicated that the piece of paper was from the page torn from the book.[45] "Tamam Shud" (meaning "the end") comprises the last line of text in the book.

220px-SomertonManCode.jpg

magnify-clip.pngThe handwriting showing pencil markings in the back of a book of poetry by Omar Khayyam. The markings are presumed to be some sort of code.

In the back of the book were faint pencil markings of five lines of capital letters with the second line struck out. The strike out is now considered significant with its similarity to the fourth line possibly indicating a mistake and thus, possible proof the letters are code:

WRGOABABD

MLIAOI

WTBIMPANETP

MLIABOAIAQC

ITTMTSAMSTGAB[37]

http://en.wikipedia....Taman_Shud_Case

Edited by DKO

• 2 months later...

OK so what would you consider the 10 greatest then? I know about most of the ones used in the article, and some are genuinely inexplicable, others are cyphers of a great difficulty.

Edited by TheSearcher

So... where did women all live, before there were bathrooms?

• Like 1

after reading the top 10 mysteries list i think they forgot to add a few like..

11..why is the coldest part on a womans body is her butt in the middle of the night?

12. why must the american people always pay for the mistake of the president in taxes

13..(ol lady asking) . why cant men ever pee right in the bowl instead of standing 6 feet away and p*** on the floor?

16'

and so on?

• Like 3

after reading the top 10 mysteries list i think they forgot to add a few like..

11..why is the coldest part on a womans body is her butt in the middle of the night?

12. why must the american people always pay for the mistake of the president in taxes

13..(ol lady asking) . why cant men ever pee right in the bowl instead of standing 6 feet away and p*** on the floor?

16'

and so on?

I dont about about a womans butt being cold.... but Ive never met a woman yet who doesn't have icy cold feet. Just snuggling up nice and warm and you happen to touch your leg or foot, against her feet! Cold! Icy cold. Like touching a corpse :w00t:

Hmm... top 10 mysteries..

1 - Bacon .. from a supposedly unclean animal.. why does it taste so good.

2 - Coffee.. Essential of life.. or just a treat..

3 - Why were there no nerdy gamer girls when I was a teenager..

4 - When you mix flour and water together you get glue.. add egg.. you get cake.. where does the glue go..

5 - Where is the flying cars we were supposed to have by now.

6 - Where did I leave my house keys back in 1987

7 - Is the universe really just a ball inside another larger universe like in men in black no 1

8 - is dark faster then light..

9 - what is the answer to life the universe and everything

and 10 - Is Zoser just taking the micky in regards to AA?

• Like 7

Hmm... top 10 mysteries..

1 - Bacon .. from a supposedly unclean animal.. why does it taste so good.

2 - Coffee.. Essential of life.. or just a treat..

3 - Why were there no nerdy gamer girls when I was a teenager..

4 - When you mix flour and water together you get glue.. add egg.. you get cake.. where does the glue go..

5 - Where is the flying cars we were supposed to have by now.

6 - Where did I leave my house keys back in 1987

7 - Is the universe really just a ball inside another larger universe like in men in black no 1

8 - is dark faster then light..

9 - what is the answer to life the universe and everything

and 10 - Is Zoser just taking the micky in regards to AA?

:clap::P Love it.

• Like 1