Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries

seeder

Why are there so many reality shows on TV? Can anyone solve *that* big mystery? The fact, that Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians have cable series, is more mysterious than the Sphinx, itself. Maybe the programs are cheap to make, and the makers think that Americans are stupid. I don't know anybody who watches these shows, though. They all receive bad comments and ratings on all of the forums that discuss them. It's either the money, or there's a plot to dumb down America with "Jersey Shore", "Buck Wild", "Baby Daddy", etc.. A third option is that writers are too lazy to come up with original ideas, so they grab onto the fad of the moment, but this particular fad has lasted about fifteen years too long.

• Like 3

Why are there so many reality shows on TV? Can anyone solve *that* big mystery? The fact, that Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians have cable series, is more mysterious than the Sphinx, itself. Maybe the programs are cheap to make, and the makers think that Americans are stupid. I don't know anybody who watches these shows, though. They all receive bad comments and ratings on all of the forums that discuss them. It's either the money, or there's a plot to dumb down America with "Jersey Shore", "Buck Wild", "Baby Daddy", etc.. A third option is that writers are too lazy to come up with original ideas, so they grab onto the fad of the moment, but this particular fad has lasted about fifteen years too long.

That's probably because there is an endless variety of 'reality' to record and people love other people's realities.

COPS, the Real World, Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, the lives of wealthy unknown people, the lives of wealthy known people, save my bar, sell my house, eat that bug, save my life, chop those trees, survive this, escape that, shoot here, work there, exploit trailer park kid, pawn this, repo that, mine for gold, drill for oil, hillbilly hand fishing, drive on ice, drive on land, fix my lawn, gimme a kitchen, swap my wife, humiliate me, sell your soul for money and many more now and to come.

• Like 3

LOL You guys are a riot! I knew I'd been away from the forum too long! :D

• Like 1

Here's another incredible unsolved mystery:

Precision polygonal walls in Peru. Sacsayhuaman.

How did they do it?

sSacsahuaman1_zps56cd223d.jpg

One of the upper stones is shaped like a parallelogram.

Was this really bashed into shape like this or was the stone moulded somehow?

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

and 10 - Is Zoser just taking the micky in regards to AA?

Deadly serious in fact.

See above.

Oh no now zoser is branching out from the AA thread... anything to spark a conversation up it seems...with anyone, anywhere

How about the Piri Reis map?

The Piri Reis Map is a famous pre-modern world map created by 16th century Ottoman-Turkish admiral and cartographer Piri Reis. The map shows part of the western coasts of Europe and North Africa with reasonable accuracy, and the coast of Brazil is also easily recognizable. Various Atlantic islands including the Azores and Canary Islands are depicted, as is the mythical island of Antillia. The map is noteworthy for its depiction of a southern landmass that some controversially claim is evidence for early awareness of the existence of Antarctica. Some scholars claim this and other maps support a theory of global exploration by a pre-classical undiscovered civilization.

Or the Alaskan Triangle?

The Alaskan Triangle, a Devil′s Graveyard of lost ships, airplanes and missing people. Since 1988, some 16,000 people have vanished in the Alaska Triangle. Annually, 4 out of every 1,000 Alaskans disappear without a trace. Alaska is thick with magnetic anomalies which can vary compass readings as much as 30 degrees.

On the show, Dan Shaw, an expert on energy vortexes, demonstrates how a simple device known as a ′Golden Vortex′ with just three aligned magnets can alter perception. Shaw says that people react differently when they encounter a vortex, either psychically or even physically. The team also learns more about energy vortexes and the twelve Devil′s Graveyards, triangular regions where ships and planes are frequently lost. Bill Romberg, an expert in Alaskan search and rescue describes how he has heard a strange buzzing sound at times.

In 1972, one of the more famous disappearances involved two members of the U.S. Congress along with an aide, and the pilot, were flying in a Cessna 310 from Anchorage to Juneau. Not long after take-off, all contact with the plane ceased. A massive air-sea search and rescue mission was launched. Some 400 aircraft, dozens of boats, including 12 Coast Guard ships, and even an Air Force SR-71 searched for the missing plane and men. After 39 days, the effort was called off. To this day, nobody knows what really happened?

• Like 2

Oh no now zoser is branching out from the AA thread... anything to spark a conversation up it seems...with anyone, anywhere

Reaching out to skeptics all over the world!

Here's another incredible unsolved mystery:

Precision polygonal walls in Peru. Sacsayhuaman.

How did they do it?

sSacsahuaman1_zps56cd223d.jpg

One of the upper stones is shaped like a parallelogram.

Was this really bashed into shape like this or was the stone moulded somehow?

thats already been answered to everyone's satisfaction.. except yours :)

• Like 1

thats already been answered to everyone's satisfaction.. except yours :)

Care to lay it out for the benefit of all on this thread or are we just expected to take your work for that?

• Like 1

Care to lay it out for the benefit of all on this thread or are we just expected to take your work for that?

ok fair call..

I'll just do a you :)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237842

enjoy the mind numbing and repetitive pictures that gets posted over and over again..

That's probably because there is an endless variety of 'reality' to record and people love other people's realities.

COPS, the Real World, Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, the lives of wealthy unknown people, the lives of wealthy known people, save my bar, sell my house, eat that bug, save my life, chop those trees, survive this, escape that, shoot here, work there, exploit trailer park kid, pawn this, repo that, mine for gold, drill for oil, hillbilly hand fishing, drive on ice, drive on land, fix my lawn, gimme a kitchen, swap my wife, humiliate me, sell your soul for money and many more now and to come.

That's a good point. There might be more supply than demand, though. It sounds like many people are sick and tired of reality shows. Viewers miss scripted programs. It's also a shame when cable channels remove appropriate shows and replace them with reality series. For instance, why is "Honey Boo Boo" on The Learning Channel!? A&E and THC do the same thing with all of these buy/sell/find/pawn/truck shows that take the place of relevant programming. MTV programmers were the first ones to make these kinds of decisions. They played videos when I was a kid. :lol: I have to admit that I loved "America's Most Wanted" and "Cops", and I watched them for years. They started before the reality plague, though. They could break the trend by filming my boring life.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... top 10 mysteries...

9 - what is the answer to life the universe and everything

Everyone knows the answer is 42.

Everyone knows the answer is 42.

It also would take 42 X 10 ^ 806,999 monkeys and typewriters to get War and Peace in one draft.

It also would take 42 X 10 ^ 806,999 monkeys and typewriters to get War and Peace in one draft.

But significantly fewer monkeys to churn out the average paperback one can buy in a grocery store today.

• Like 1

Here's one: why is the Nuremberg Defense named after the only place in history where it didn't work?

• Like 1

But significantly fewer monkeys to churn out the average paperback one can buy in a grocery store today.

And even fewer to churn out Sitchin or EVD in my opinion

Here's one: why is the Nuremberg Defense named after the only place in history where it didn't work?

The "only following orders" -excuse should in fact never work at all. The fact that some people still get away with the excuse, is rather disturbing.

yeah i got nutting at the moment but working on another mystery about my step son and his g/f (smh) they screw each others brains out then break up and less then 12 hours later back in bed

but yet thay are not togeather? damn kids.. and past thursday since thay both work or worked at the same place step son defends his pice of *****'s honor when sum person in management says" she gives good head in the bathroom" and step son takes it apon his self to stand up and well okay so he got his ass kicked but he still has the woman but him and her lost their jobs...lol honstly me an the ol lady are confussed as hell over the kids doings i'm gona write this off as kids being dumb asses and forget it but he's gota get another job or work with me in my welding shop..