Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man-made tornadoes could one day power cities

seeder

"If we look around the Earth, we can see that Mother Nature has provided us with many stored energy resources that can potentially be used to power our world, such as the latent heat of water vapor or the heat content of tropical ocean water.

Canadian engineer Louis Michaud has been working on one of the Earth’s natural disasters, tornadoes, as a source of power. In 2009, Michaud founded the company AVEtec and performed a successful test of an atmospheric vortex engine (AVE) that can harness the physics of tornadoes and their upward heat flow to produce cheap and clean energy.

Michaud’s visions of manipulating Mother Nature are not necessarily new. For years, people such as Nikola Tesla and companies such as Lockheed Martin have pursued ways to extract heat from the ocean in order to generate electricity".

http://www2.electron...c2012-html.aspx

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I have been discussing free energy with a new friend. His interest seems to be with Tesla and the idea that is possible to create a small devise that everyone can own, and use for getting free energy out of the air.

I am curious about the different wave lengths of sun light, as not all of the result in heat, and none of the result in heat without oxygen. I am leaping there. I have not read this, but do know out space is cold, and high altitudes are cooler than low altitudes where there is more oxygen. However, evidently there is more heat on the side of the moon that gets light than the dark side and I don't think there is oxygen on the moon? Hum, I have to look into this. Oh Good grief, now I have a whole area to research. :passifier: What is the temperature on all the different plants, and what controls that?

So how does a tornado generate energy. Could this be the vacuum energy that some are studying? Energy involves the exchange of Ions, and lightening, waterfalls and ocean waves release ions, but I have zone understanding of vacuum energy. Obviously a tornado has kinetic energy, but how would this be converted to electrical energy?

By the way, if anyone cares, some branches of Occupy are interested in the research for free energy. Imagine our technology and everyone around the world being able to use it, because they can have free electricity by using a small devise. Everyone can live off the grid and avoid the fossil fuel sources of energy that are used today. :clap:

• Like 1

I have to share this- there is oxygen on the moon, It is bound up in minerals but the lack of atmosphere does not hold it as a gas. Also you need a space suit to survive the very cold temperature of the moon. http://www.universetoday.com/19623/temperature-of-the-moon/ So far it looks like the connection between sunlight and oxygen and heat, that I am making, looks right. Please, if I am wrong someone correct me!

• Like 1

Were not environmentally friendly enough for exo harvesting for resources. Green energy is awsome though. I have a wind up radio myself.

Were not environmentally friendly enough for exo harvesting for resources. Green energy is awsome though. I have a wind up radio myself.

:w00t: past time to be walking my dog. And just when someone excited me to the extreme level. I didn't know what in blazes you were talking about. Seriously, you just got to start using more words so I can know what you are talking about. Anyway I googled exo harvesting and got this http://dels.nas.edu/resources/static-assets/bcst/miscellaneous/Marian_Plotkin.pdf I am excited half out of my mind. I wish I had my computer with internet attached to my glasses, so I could study this link while walking my dog. Thank you for stimulating me to look for this unknown to me, information. :clap:

• Like 1

Interesting seeder! Maybe those would work well with a GeoThermal heat source. ?

.. sort of like the old timey Sterling Engine which operates on differing temperatures too.

http://en.wikipedia....Stirling_engine

Interesting link thanks, you learn something new everyday!! :tu:

• Like 1