Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US calls for Piers Morgan deportation

acidhead

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Funny, I don't see any "qualifier" that you have to be an American citizen - just "men" as in 'mankind' one would hope, otherwise women are not protected :unsure2:

• Like 2

Funny, I don't see any "qualifier" that you have to be an American citizen - just "men" as in 'mankind' one would hope, otherwise women are not protected :unsure2:

I've always held that unless it spells out that it's only for the male gender then anything saying 'man' or 'men' is talking about the human species as a whole, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 3

Go turn in your gun then come back and we can talk about the first amendment.

Where does it say that? It talks about "people".

Not even that, the constitution tells the government what it can or can't do. I don't think the US can revoke a non-citizen's right to freedom of speech as dictated by the 1st amendment, but I think it can restrict the 1st to the point that it becomes virtually non-existant. Don't hold me to that though.

I can sympathise with his views but to be honest I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan, he's tabloid journalism at it's worst. I get the feeling he got the CNN gig more on account of him being on America's Got Talent than his reputation as a journalist.

If the US wants to deport him I wouldn't oppose it, just so long as he isn't sent back to Britain.

I think I should have the right to have a weapon (a firearm; a pistol or a rifle, even a shotgun), to protect myself, I don't think I should have the right to be my own personal military.

• Like 1

Not even that, the constitution tells the government what it can or can't do. I don't think the US can revoke a non-citizen's right to freedom of speech as dictated by the 1st amendment, but I think it can restrict the 1st to the point that it becomes virtually non-existant. Don't hold me to that though.

I can sympathise with his views but to be honest I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan, he's tabloid journalism at it's worst. I get the feeling he got the CNN gig more on account of him being on America's Got Talent than his reputation as a journalist.

If the US wants to deport him I wouldn't oppose it, just so long as he isn't sent back to Britain.

Good point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions

Just thought of something.

No wonder Morgan hates guns, his football team is Arsenal FC (nicknamed The Gunners); they've been absolutely rubbish so far this season.

• Like 1

I won't sign it. It violates the spirit of the law, whether or not the letter. I will not search for any legal exceptions to someone's liberty (even involving him being a douche on TV) so that someone else can find another exception later. Legislate around the citizen enough and it will require too much legal wrangling and legal (re)definitions of the idea of what it takes and what it means to be a citizen, and we may wind up under a rule of law that holds "the citizen" higher than the human being. If we truly respect natural rights, and understand that Constitutional rights are merely legal rights explicitly recognizing and protecting those natural rights, then we won't foolishly deny someone else their natural rights as soon as someone else finds a legal basis to do so. Morgan's right to free speech isn't endowed upon him by government; he was born endowed.

And in related news:

New petition urges US to keep Piers Morgan 'because UK doesn't want him'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/dec/26/petition-us-piers-morgan-uk

• Like 2

i signed, not cuz of his gun talks, i just don't like that f..ck for other reasons.

1st amendment for ppl whose opinion does not matter, non important joe shmos.

once you are famous, and especially tv host, you better whatch what you say. you can be sued for your trash talk, or worst, deported.

i signed, not cuz of his gun talks, i just don't like that f..ck for other reasons.

1st amendment for ppl whose opinion does not matter, non important joe shmos.

once you are famous, and especially tv host, you better whatch what you say. you can be sued for your trash talk, or worst, deported.

So you basically signed a petition,because you don't like him,how noble of you.

He isnt a citizan. He isnt protected by the first amendment.

Isn't the first amendment covered in the bill of rights which you quite adamantly pointed out are given to you by god? Are you saying god only gave those rights to Americans?

Once again americans don't realize the power they have. If you want to get rid of Piers, quit watching his show. And quit buying the junk the companies who sponsor his show advertise. It won't take CNN long to realize the "ratings" are down, their advertisers are jumping ship and Poof! he's gone.

Its not the governments problem, its ours, so change the channel.

• Like 3

Once again americans don't realize the power they have. If you want to get rid of Piers, quit watching his show. And quit buying the junk the companies who sponsor his show advertise. It won't take CNN long to realize the "ratings" are down, their advertisers are jumping ship and Poof! he's gone.

Its not the governments problem, its ours, so change the channel.

Where, given the ratings, if there were another petition to stop him from being extradited it would probably have more signatures.

I think people just cannot stand him and saw this as a good excuse to have him booted out.. I don't like him that much, ( actually I think he is a numpty ) but I never hold hate in me that badly, not enough to want someone kicked out..I believe in free speech and the rights to your opinion.. I thought the USA pride themselves on those rights?? I guess for some, I was wrong

Out of all those who signed it, how many were upstanding great loving, feel everyone has a right to an opinion, ever so kind citizens?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

let's deport everyone we don't like. let's see... Alan Greenspan?

Out of all those who signed it, how many were upstanding great loving, feel everyone has a right to an opinion, ever so kind citizens?

good question, pbly not many, i sure am not. but the guy is a d. bag.

I think people just cannot stand him and saw this as a good excuse to have him booted out.. I don't like him that much, but I never hold hate in me that badly, not enough to want someone kicked out..I believe in free speech and the rights to your opinion.. I thought the USA pride themselves on those rights?? I guess for some, I was wrong

Well, you see, you have all the right to praise the US of A... but if you point out the dark corners you are considered "unamerican"... most wish they could deport them all to Guyana.

good question, pbly not many, i sure am not. but the guy is a d. bag.

He is a bit of a plonker, but would you agree with what he said in ref to guns ? Was he right? or wrong?

Well, you see, you have all the right to praise the US of A... but if you point out the dark corners you are considered "unamerican"... most wish they could deport them all to Guyana.

He just gave an honest opinion, which I know that so many ( most likely millions ) agree with or would agree...

I am not saying I agreed with him..to be honest, I am not sure ...On one hand I feel they should bare arms, the other I think without the guns, then it won't be as easy to kill ..It's a tough one for me personally ..Sometimes someone with the gun can be your deadliest enemy.. other times save your life

I think I should have the right to have a weapon (a firearm; a pistol or a rifle, even a shotgun), to protect myself, I don't think I should have the right to be my own personal military.

Why? are you more of a danger to society with three guns than you are with one?

At what point do you have enough guns that you snap and start shooting up the community?

A person should have as many as they see fit, as long as they are following the laws they are not the problem.

• Like 1

He just gave an honest opinion, which I know that so many ( most likely millions ) agree with or would agree...

I am not saying I agreed with him..to be honest, I am not sure ...On one hand I feel they should bare arms, the other I think without the guns, then it won't be as easy to kill ..It's a tough one for me personally ..Sometimes someone with the gun can be your deadliest enemy.. other times save your life

This petition is certainly not a reflection of middle America. If you look at it, while they have enough signatures to force the government, themes that actually matter have many more signatures.

he is dead wrong, he talks about overhauling gun laws, (wich i'm sure he does not know even 1\4 of. we already have 33000 gun laws, federal, state local... they didn't stop criminals commit crimes. what makes him think new ones will??also i'm sick of pll telling look at uk, germany...when uk and germany, has 300mil population, 250mil guns among them, crime stats like usa, and than fix all with laws and bans, i'll look at them, but for now, there is nothing to look at. they didn't fix anything, they haver had the problem in a first place, just like africa never had ice falling problem, :"hey not a single person in africa died from slipping on ice, or ice falling on their head, they must be doing something right.

sorry if i sounded rude.

Edited by aztek

Isn't the first amendment covered in the bill of rights which you quite adamantly pointed out are given to you by god? Are you saying god only gave those rights to Americans?

Every person living in or visiting the United States is covered under the US Constitution.

Piers, while an idiot in my opinion, is fully entitled to speak his mind as long as he doesnt break the laws set forth by our nation and the community he is in.

This whole deportation petition is a farce that was designed for one thing and one thing only; to bring to light that we are letting people from outside our nation influence our decisions.

I dont believe Piers to be that influential but its just a way of Infowars lashing out.

Quite honestly, both parties are completely free to do what they are doing and neither will sway me in any way.

Sign the petition if you like, just dont make reservations at the airport to see him off because he isnt going anywhere.