Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experiment to help turtles has eerie result

Simbi Laveau

Do a further study, IMO most of the people who swerved to kill the turtles were males under the age of 30.

Take that as you may.

Edited by Likely Guy

People make me sick!!!!!!

Why would anybody want to run over such a thing? What kind of human being is that??????????????

How perthetic! Most people don't have a heart...just a cold dead brain that only thinks of killing!

To hell with those facking kind of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Says the guy who owill learn ..karma is a b**** .

:D

Karma only exsists in people that wish harm on the person that did harm to them so is that double dip karma as the one who wishes it to happen has no idea by doing that they also get bad karma. Karma is as Karma does. Karma is a wish for vengance how does that make anyone feel beeter about anything. Wishing harm on someone through a devine power makes you the next target of Karma hahahahaha

This is disgusting, and Simbi, something we both agree on.....People Suck.

Now, living on the Oregon coast, I had to beat it into my wife's head if a deer or any other animal runs out in front of her.....DO NOT SWERVE AT ALL....

Now, slam on the brakes, but do not swerve....A tree, or a head on with another car will kill you, a deer will not.

I have seen my fair share of sad things that I will not post here on Highway 101, makes me tear up thinking about it.

A lot of the saying here is " floor it ".......For some stupid reason, some here say to speed up, so the deer will bounce over the car, and not go into the windshield.

On the way home from Reno, Nevada the other day, I nearly went off of 395 avoiding a Coyote. That was sagebrush to worry about.Missed it by a foot. I also pulled over and scared it away from the highway, as it was about to go across two more lanes on the northbound side.

How the hell anyone purposely kills animals like this I do not get. Personally, they need to not be on this Earth at all.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Drive within the speed limit, with good tires, you can avoid most of God's creatures, even humans.

I was in mexico years back driving along a coastal beach the crabs were doing there migrating thing. The road was red with them for 2 km I could not avoide running many over but damn did I hate doing it. I could not stop and just wait it out I had to keep going and it was awufull killing the crabs for doing what they do. To do it on purpose is a sighn of a aggressive person. To this day the sound still I can hear.

Drive within the speed limit, with good tires, you can avoid most of God's creatures, even humans.

Highway 101, southern Oregon ( hell, anywhere on 101 )........55 MPH, dark out, deer jumps out from trees right in front of you......Nope, not at 55, not even at 35 mph.

• Like 1

What the **** did i just read?

Highway 101, southern Oregon ( hell, anywhere on 101 )........55 MPH, dark out, deer jumps out from trees right in front of you......Nope, not at 55, not even at 35 mph.

Likely Road, central British Columbia. You see 30 or so deer on the highway at spring time in an hour's drive. I've never hit one, in 20 years.

But getting back to the OP, this is about swerving to connect. That's just sick.

Likely Road, central British Columbia. You see 30 or so deer on the highway at spring time in an hour's drive. I've never hit one, in 20 years.

But getting back to the OP, this is about swerving to connect. That's just sick.

Knock on wood, have had close calls, but never hit one....Parents here 35 years, both combined have hit one, but it ran off just fine.

And yes, to the OP, it is disgusting.........We need a plague.

edit to add : You live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.... :tu:

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

:( I wish I had not read this article... One more thing to add to my list of crap that makes me sad...~ sigh ~

Better refill my Prozac.

And yes, to the OP, it is disgusting.........We need a plague.

edit to add : You live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.... :tu:

I agree with the latter of course :), but we don't need a 'plague', humanity just needs to give a communal, "head shake" and realize/remember what's also important.

Box turtles, frogs, bees, bats, salamanders, etc., etc. They are our canarys in a coal mine.

Edited by Likely Guy

I think it has less to do about being cruel and more about the you need to hit the target effect. Like in bathrooms guys aim better at the urinal when there is something in it. Subconscious thing. Could be nothing more then that. http://www.hoax-slayer.com/fly-in-the-toilet.shtml

Nice to know that the majority jumps to the worst possible conclusion though.

i been in a vehicle with a person who did this kind of thing. it devastated me just as this story does. :cry:

wow that's really dispicable!

i feel the same about people who kill bugs for no reason.

i try to honor all life that i can. when i see young children for example that are thrilled about killing a bug.. if im able i try to coach them that its not right to behave like that. i really cant stand senseless killing of wildlife. if you kill it, you better damn well be able to eat it or your gonna p*** me off

I live in southern AZ and have learned to love and value all the wildlife. I have to drive through a lot of desert to get to and from town. It's open range with cattle, wild horses and of course the regulars like coyotes, bobcats, rabbits. The speed limit's 55 but at night I keep my speed down to 40, 45 because it's pitch black. People will pass me going 55, 60. That's nuts! I've seen wrecked cars on the side of the road that have obviously hit something big that ended up "in" the windshield. No common sense!

My dad went on a date with a girl when in his late teens. Her idea of a good time was to drive around King's Park looking for long Neck Tortoises to run over. First and last date with that psycho! Just as well. Could have ended up being my mum lol

I think it has less to do about being cruel and more about the you need to hit the target effect. Like in bathrooms guys aim better at the urinal when there is something in it. Subconscious thing. Could be nothing more then that. http://www.hoax-slay...he-toilet.shtml

Then why do people not hit pedestrians?

I live in southern AZ and have learned to love and value all the wildlife. I have to drive through a lot of desert to get to and from town. It's open range with cattle, wild horses and of course the regulars like coyotes, bobcats, rabbits. The speed limit's 55 but at night I keep my speed down to 40, 45 because it's pitch black. People will pass me going 55, 60. That's nuts! I've seen wrecked cars on the side of the road that have obviously hit something big that ended up "in" the windshield. No common sense!

Man a Moose makes such a mess when hit by a car,completely flattens a car roof in some cases,pays to be very observant at night,usually very little warning.

Wow...

Whenever I see roadkill, I wonder how people could have hit the animal unless they purposely hit it.

late at night returning home from work I had a rabbit hop onto the road, I actually tried to avoid it but it panic hopped into the path my tires despite me swerving in what would of been safely around it had it stayed still.

late at night returning home from work I had a rabbit hop onto the road, I actually tried to avoid it but it panic hopped into the path my tires despite me swerving in what would of been safely around it had it stayed still.

When I was in high school I hit three birds in one week once. Two of them hit the SIDE of my car...

Oddly I don't think I've hit a single bird in the 15 or so years since.

The OP is disturbing.

I think it has less to do about being cruel and more about the you need to hit the target effect. Like in bathrooms guys aim better at the urinal when there is something in it. Subconscious thing. Could be nothing more then that. http://www.hoax-slay...he-toilet.shtml

Personally I find your theory a far worse conclusion. If this was something I had done, I'd feel far more comfortable with the idea that I chose to do it out of malice rather than thinking it was a subconscious decision that I did not internally consider. I don't like the idea of any of my actions in general being outside of my decision process. Let alone ending the life of a living thing.

Edited by BaneSilvermoon