Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experiment to help turtles has eerie result

Simbi Laveau

Then why do people not hit pedestrians?

Sometimes they do. Larger objects bring up the worry about damaging your own vehicle. Not to mention that whole murder thing.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Automaticity. Start there.

Only a small percentage of people are truly sick puppies.

Also try this to prove my fly theory.

Try to walk a straight line looking at something that is slightly to the left or right. Make sure you keep looking at what your target is. See what happens to the straight line.

Edited by Jinxdom

I didn’t need this experiment to know how stupid, selfish, and evil some drivers are. I was in a car with a business partner years ago when I was shocked all to hell when this CHRISTIAN almost drove off the road in the car he was driving, to get this, run over a kitten in the road. Apparently it was a part of a feral litter in his neighborhood. ASTOUNDING!

I didn’t need this experiment to know how stupid, selfish, and evil some drivers are. I was in a car with a business partner years ago when I was shocked all to hell when this CHRISTIAN almost drove off the road in the car he was driving, to get this, run over a kitten in the road. Apparently it was a part of a feral litter in his neighborhood. ASTOUNDING!

Yeah, that is whacked. :(

LoL..Welcome to the real world.

I repel that reality and strive for another. :)

When it comes to survival. I'd just keep going. But I wouldn't run over animals for fun or because they might be inconveniencing myself (ie birds walking all over the road). To value life like that is just plain wrong.

What's scary is, this doesn't surprise me.

Their just now figuring it out?

I think the level of sociopathic tendencies is very understated.

• Like 1

I like turtles,but I do kill them when they kill the little ducks in the pond.Im talking about the big snapping turtles and not the little box turtles I see all the time.heck I have a few of them living around the house wild.Why would anyone want to just run one over ? Thats just down right Ugly,Mean and Nasty.What goes around comes around.

• Like 1

Hey,Some people are stupid,What can you do.

Hey,Some people are stupid,What can you do.

Deliberately running over turtles or kittens is a crime in most civilized countries, it's animal cruelty. However, in most states and countries it's just a misdemeanor crime with some insignificant monetary fine. Still, it would be a start if the people admitting to these crimes to researchers were investigated and charged.

• Like 1

i know as a species we tend to use animals for our own ends and its how we've developed to survive, however going out of your way to intentionally harm anything i think is terrible. i think its down to ignorance as many believe that as animals aren't as intelligent as we are in some ways they do not feel as we do. however enjoying inflicting pain on anything seems to me as quite primitive and the signs of a psychopath

Sometimes they do. Larger objects bring up the worry about damaging your own vehicle. Not to mention that whole murder thing.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Automaticity. Start there.

Only a small percentage of people are truly sick puppies.

Also try this to prove my fly theory.

Try to walk a straight line looking at something that is slightly to the left or right. Make sure you keep looking at what your target is. See what happens to the straight line.

That... can't be real... right?

What he discovered ,is that people swerved ,to purposely hit the turtle..

Where? we didn't see any swervers in the video!

Anyway the dummy turtle was so small that motorists wouldn't even know if it was a turtle or a chunk of mud or litter or whatever.

I know there are some sick motorists out there but the guy produced no evidence that they deliberately swerved so his claim is totally invalid..

It's all about being a moral person or not. If you are not taught moral values, while you're a kid, then you probably won't become a moral person, when you grow up. It's very difficult (not impossible though)...

Simbi

Really, you think that has any relevance to what I said. Different factors and completely difference situation. It doesn't change anything or even negate my point.

A few people would be sick enough to run over things just because and others may have something else that causes them to swerve, which is why there is such a high amount. I'm not saying sick b******* don't exist.... I'm just saying there are some other reasons as well. Lazy minds is more common in people(Which makes people prone to what I've been saying) then people being plainly sadistic.

• 4 weeks later...

I have known several folks here in Fla. to pull over and help turtles and tortises off the road. I stopped once because I saw one on the shoulder of a busy road but walking up to it I had discovered I was too late, he had been dead for some time. I have a rescue turtle in a large aquarium now that a kid kept for 9 years in a tiny box. When we eventually purchase a house I promised him his own pond outside :)

• 2 months later...

We used to live in the woods, so when we'd drive down the road, my mum would stop the car, get out and help the turtle to the other side. does that renew anyone's faith in people?

• Like 2

http://news.yahoo.co...-182457207.html

A senior at an agricultural college ,did an experiment to help turtles ,and made a shocking discovery .

Box turtles are in decline,.They frequently die while trying to cross roads traveled by cars.

The student took a rubber turtle ,and placed it in the road ,to see if he could come to a conclusion ,about a way to help them survive this behavior .

What he discovered ,is that people swerved ,to purposely hit the turtle .

In an hour,at least seven cars purposely hit the turtle,while others tried to hit it ,but missed .

The conclusions were that humans just prove they are superior .... ????

My conclusion ,as always ,is PEOPLE SUCK . Just this girl's opinion .

Its a small percentage of the population who are psycho (2% - 3%).

Most dont commit crimes. That isnt because they feel empathy towards others but because they dont want to get locked up. As they can get away with the road kiling of animals they participate in it.

While splattering a rabbit, turtle or other animal makes a normal person feel weird the psycho gets off on such feelings.