Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My three strangest experiences, part 1.

Seattleite

I have had three strange events unfold in my life, all of which I know actually happened and couldn't have been real. (That statement is representative of cognitive dissonance.) All three events are just as vivid and as real as my other memories and are confirmed for me in different ways, but none of them could have been real from anything I've ever seen or known. These events happened in 2001, 2002 and 2007, when I was eight, nine and fourteen. All in summer or early fall. The latter two are definitely related, but the former is just plain creepy and still comes back every once in a while. I'll go in chronological order and put the events in seperate threads.

I was out around 2:00 AM with three friends (yes, at age eight) and while we were passing the highschool near my house we became aware of an unusual lack of traffic on the main road and a strange pulsing sensation and low, pulsing humm to the northeast. We followed it for a while, and when we got close the source when shooting off to the northwest. (Near as we could tell from the pulse, we never saw the source.) The pulse stopped about ten blocks away, and stayed for a while before dying off. We followed to where it was, now in complete silence and quite aware that we didn't hear any traffic or see any people around, which is quite alarming in a city, even a small one like Everett. When we reached the location where the pulse went dead there was one boy there, wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I went to talk to him, noticing the shirt and shorts were identical to mine and he also had the same blonde hair. When he looked at me, I suddenly realised he looked exactly like me, except I couldn't see his eyes. This was a street with lights spaced regularly, and I couldn't see his eyes. He ran away from us when we made eye contact (well, kindof eye contact) moving more than twice the speed I could run.

I talked to my friends about him, trying to get somebody to tell me I was hallucinating or something, but they all saw the same thing, right down to the lack of visible eyes. We all went home, and tried to forget it. I kept hearing the pulse whenever I tried to sleep, I could swear he was nearby. I had to keep a combat knife in my hands to sleep for the next week.

And for the most part, we forgot about it after that. But every once in a while, I'll be out at night and feel that pulse again. I don't think I'll ever follow it again, but a few times I've seen him off in the distance. He still looks exactly like he did on that night, and he still creeps me out. I always go straight home and sleep with a sword for a day or two.

Wierdness:

1. Sudden lack of life in a city.
  2. Strange pulse that can be heard and felt.
  3. Pulse moves when we get close to it.
  4. Strange child that looked like me, but without eyes.
  5. Pulse comes back when I go to bed, and gets closer as I try to sleep. Retrieving a knife reduced this somewhat, and made me more comfortable sleeping with this thing nearby.
  6. Recurring, happens every couple months.
  7. Every time this happens, I lose a lot of time. The first time it happened, what felt like ten minutes was over an hour. The other times are much shorter. This only happens when I actually see him.

Edited by Seattleite
  • Like 1

This is strange and would be scary for anyone. How many years has this been happening? You should take a camera with you and try to get a picture of this person or whatever it is.

This is strange and would be scary for anyone. How many years has this been happening? You should take a camera with you and try to get a picture of this person or whatever it is.

The only camera I have is on my iPod. And since this is always starts between 2:00 and 3:00 AM and it is always at a distance, it's not likely the light would be good enough to get a picture with any discernable detail. As for how long, that was in the original post. It started in 2001. It's been going on for eleven years. And it's mostly scary when unarmed. As soon as I get home and get my sword, I'm fine.

Also, the humm is an electrical current waxing and waning. You can hear the same humm around power lines. The issue is it moves, and seems to be centered above him. (Well above him, actually.)

Has anyone else noticed this besides your friends?

Honestly. The human race is stupid. There are many more things tht cant b explained! DX Maybe the boy was either supernatural or just like us.. I wish scientist would strech out to things like these..

Has anyone else noticed this besides your friends?

I only experience it in the wee hours of the morning, while outside. Who else would I be with?

Honestly. The human race is stupid. There are many more things tht cant b explained! DX Maybe the boy was either supernatural or just like us.. I wish scientist would strech out to things like these..

It seems unlikely a supernatural being would have an electrical current running above it. Not impossible, but unlikely.

I only experience it in the wee hours of the morning, while outside. Who else would I be with?

Did you or not hear the noise other times?

Maybe it is in your head.

Hi and thanks for sharing your experiences. I've heard of white skinned cryptids which can cause hallucinations and have been seen to have no eyes. Ghoul-like entities perhaps. One was in Canada and I forget the other..

Was the clothing white by any chance?

Edited by Rewlahool

Hi and thanks for sharing your experiences. I've heard of white skinned cryptids which can cause hallucinations and have been seen to have no eyes. Ghoul-like entities perhaps. One was in Canada and I forget the other..

Was the clothing white by any chance?

Same clothing I wore, a white tank top and yellow shorts. (I was nine. I didn't buy the clothes.) Normal skin tone, same as me. Same blonde hair, same physique. Just the eye sockets were too dark to see his eyes despite the street lights, which was creepy. And his almost impossibly high speed freaked me out.

Did you or not hear the noise other times?

Maybe it is in your head.

The pulsing humm? I know the sound and I can tell it anywhere. Same goes for anybody who has ever walked under power lines. The humm of an electrical current is pretty distinctive, and it fluctuating in volume would mean the current was fluctuating in power. The only strange part in these instances (wether I see him or not) is the lack of an apparant point of origin. It sounded like it was coming out of thin air a couple hundred metres above him.

Oddly, it always seems to stop at some point before I see him. It may or may not start again, but it does stop. Maybe the pulse stopping has something to do with his appearance?

Edited by Seattleite

The pulsing humm? I know the sound and I can tell it anywhere. Same goes for anybody who has ever walked under power lines. The humm of an electrical current is pretty distinctive, and it fluctuating in volume would mean the current was fluctuating in power. The only strange part in these instances (wether I see him or not) is the lack of an apparant point of origin. It sounded like it was coming out of thin air a couple hundred metres above him.

Instead of repeating yourself can you answer the question?

I have had three strange events unfold in my life, all of which I know actually happened and couldn't have been real. (That statement is representative of cognitive dissonance.) All three events are just as vivid and as real as my other memories and are confirmed for me in different ways, but none of them could have been real from anything I've ever seen or known. These events happened in 2001, 2002 and 2007, when I was eight, nine and fourteen. All in summer or early fall. The latter two are definitely related, but the former is just plain creepy and still comes back every once in a while. I'll go in chronological order and put the events in seperate threads.

I was out around 2:00 AM with three friends (yes, at age eight) and while we were passing the highschool near my house we became aware of an unusual lack of traffic on the main road and a strange pulsing sensation and low, pulsing humm to the northeast. We followed it for a while, and when we got close the source when shooting off to the northwest. (Near as we could tell from the pulse, we never saw the source.) The pulse stopped about ten blocks away, and stayed for a while before dying off. We followed to where it was, now in complete silence and quite aware that we didn't hear any traffic or see any people around, which is quite alarming in a city, even a small one like Everett. When we reached the location where the pulse went dead there was one boy there, wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I went to talk to him, noticing the shirt and shorts were identical to mine and he also had the same blonde hair. When he looked at me, I suddenly realised he looked exactly like me, except I couldn't see his eyes. This was a street with lights spaced regularly, and I couldn't see his eyes. He ran away from us when we made eye contact (well, kindof eye contact) moving more than twice the speed I could run.

I talked to my friends about him, trying to get somebody to tell me I was hallucinating or something, but they all saw the same thing, right down to the lack of visible eyes. We all went home, and tried to forget it. I kept hearing the pulse whenever I tried to sleep, I could swear he was nearby. I had to keep a combat knife in my hands to sleep for the next week.

And for the most part, we forgot about it after that. But every once in a while, I'll be out at night and feel that pulse again. I don't think I'll ever follow it again, but a few times I've seen him off in the distance. He still looks exactly like he did on that night, and he still creeps me out. I always go straight home and sleep with a sword for a day or two.

Wierdness:

5. Pulse comes back when I go to bed, and gets closer as I try to sleep. Retrieving a knife reduced this somewhat, and made me more comfortable sleeping with this thing nearby.
  7. Every time this happens, I lose a lot of time. The first time it happened, what felt like ten minutes was over an hour. The other times are much shorter. This only happens when I actually see him.

I see you are new and have few posts which tells me you are probably posting sincerely to understand the weird occurrence. The hum sound can be picking up on some kind of energy field that you can connect with. Your belief in the knife is what keeps it from happening on a subconscious level I would guess. These things can happen, how or why is yet to be explained. I know your confusion and fear when it happens.

I believe it was a form of doppleganger but then I don't know what a doppleganger really is!

It's a real experience but the reason, the what is it , the how and the why of the experiences is still unknown as far as I know.

Several different kinds of simular psychic experiences may not even really be the same in nature but created the doppleganger legends. Years ago I was trying to find the some answers because it was so weird and something you never really want to discuss at all. UM is a wonderful way to get insights anonymously on all kinds of subjects, welcome!

Seems to me, people who have an extra sense to something are able to see them just like "ghosts".

Ghosts are like the doppleganger legends in a way. Who really knows if they are all the same phenomena but in myths they are called demons, poltergheists, ghosts, shapeshifters, witches etc.

All I can say I KNOW is that the cause is some kind of manipulation of an energy field of some kind.

Who or what causes the manipulation, God only knows.

Physics and precise study isn't there for us to know the answer.

So people who have experiences can only speculate with their own beliefs which only creates more myths. Some people are more sensitive to this energy field and even the time and place has something to do with the strength of the occurrances. The sensitivity itself varies person to person.

I will share the experience that led me to do a little research doppleganger myths trying to make sense of it.

It happened to me when my uncle came back to the states on leave from Vietnam. Eight friends and family were there when he drove in the drive way and then we were just talking to each other and making plans for a going away party in a few days. My mother walked up behind me, then to my left side and was just standing there smiling weirdly and not saying anything for about 10 minutes which wasn't like her. When I tried to elbow her to answer Marie, I didn't feel her and she vanished! I looked towards our house on the same street. Marie a Navy friend asked me where my mom went and I pointed that my mother was mowing the lawn at our house up the street. I was in shock after everyone who wasn't family left, I discovered that only my grandfather, myself and Marie had seen her and talked "at her".

I went home and asked my mother if she got off the mower and then went back and she said no. She didn't have enough time to do that, but I still had to ask.... She said she wanted to finish the lawn but she really really wanted to be there SO much that in a few seconds she had more or less what is now called a remote viewing event .... part of her was there but she was really on the mower! I asked why she didn't come over and she said she wasn't dressed properly. She was wearing a housedress when we saw her not her yard work clothes which she was really wearing.

She said she remembered being in both places! She said she could see the people clearly but could not hear them very well. She only heard parts of the conversation but it was only what Marie, my granddad, and I said. Those were the other two people who SAW "her" there. She then told me what we said to each other! My mother said she didn't know how she could do it but it wasn't the first time! She called it the gift of "daydreaming reality" but she can't always do it when she'd like. She told me that since we could see her that meant we also had a gift. (it sounded more like it could be a curse to me and mom was a witch or something like that!)

My grandad and I never viewed my mother in the same way after that. His comment to me was "don't become like your mother, she has a "gift" but doesn't always use it for good. She would have been burnt at the stake if it were a different day and age"

My very God loving and spiritual grandmother once again consoled me... "Ours is not to know how God works the mysteries of creation but only to have faith, praise and do what He says which will eventually bring love and goodness into the world" She didn't see my mother that day but told me she saw her do things like that before and thought they were demonic and was afraid for her soul since you aren't supposed to those certain gifts unless God Himself tells you to use them! I guess my mother always had a sixth sense and a temper to get her way one way or another and really weird things always seemed to happen around her.

Because of this I believe there are some people that have an ability and can be like a "ghost" even though they are alive.

They somehow manipulate some kind of energy field usually subconsciously, I guess.

Are they evil or demonic?...I don't know but I don't really think so.

It makes you look at religious miracles and myths in a different way when you witness something bizarre like this. Some saints and prophets are said to be able to do this but I know you don't need to be one!

Why doesn't my uncle have the "gift"?

What is the "gift" really and why aren't people who have it able to control it better?

In my mother's case, why does she pay physically ?

(It appears to take something from her bones and joints when she is successful in using her "gift")

Those are some of the questions I've asked myself about the doppleganger effect ALL my life.

I'll probably never find all the answers but I hope this helps others trying to reconcile their CONFUSION. I hope serious researchers discover its mystery some day.

I feel for you, you're not alone in seeking answers to this old and very odd mystery. Maybe the lack of eyes in your double was because you weren't able to project your consciousness into it? The field of energy of humming pulse is something that manifests in many different phenomenons. I guess it's a working form of quantum physics that we don't understand yet. Since you said you still experience it this makes me think it is coming from YOU not someone or something projecting as you so don't be afraid of it.

Edited by White Unicorn

Independent scientists don't get enough funding especially with weird things and the government defense research in these kind of areas don't make it to the public. Humans race may be stupid in some ways but not as much as it seems. I know the US had "psychic" projects as well as drug research linking abilities in the early 70's. I'm sure they learned about a lot more things than just "remote viewing". If they didn't then they are studid!

I see you are new and have few posts which tells me you are probably posting sincerely to understand the weird occurrence. The hum sound can be picking up on some kind of energy field that you can connect with. Your belief in the knife is what keeps it from happening on a subconscious level I would guess. These things can happen, how or why is yet to be explained. I know your confusion and fear when it happens.

Who said it stopped happening when I had a knife it stopped? I'm just more comfortable with these things when I have a weapon I know how to use. As for the hum, I know what it is. It's an electrical current. I just don't ever see the source.

I believe it was a form of doppleganger but then I don't know what a doppleganger really is!

It's a real experience but the reason, the what is it , the how and the why of the experiences is still unknown as far as I know.

Well, yes. It is definitionally a doppleganger.

Several different kinds of simular psychic experiences may not even really be the same in nature but created the doppleganger legends. Years ago I was trying to find the some answers because it was so weird and something you never really want to discuss at all. UM is a wonderful way to get insights anonymously on all kinds of subjects, welcome!

Seems to me, people who have an extra sense to something are able to see them just like "ghosts".

Ghosts are like the doppleganger legends in a way. Who really knows if they are all the same phenomena but in myths they are called demons, poltergheists, ghosts, shapeshifters, witches etc.

The odds of this being in any way supernatural are pretty low. Given the direction the sound is coming from, it cannot possibly be coming from him. It's following above him and not perfectly. That means whatever it is that is creating the sound is a seperate entity, and I don't think there's much chance of an audible electrical current in a supernatural being.

All I can say I KNOW is that the cause is some kind of manipulation of an energy field of some kind.

Really? It's electricity. It's just electricity. It doesn't explain the doppleganger.

Who or what causes the manipulation, God only knows.

Some kind of ship, maybe? People hear electrical hums around black triangles, just because I never saw one doesn't mean it's not a possibility. Certainly more likely than mystical energy, given that there's a physical being on the ground.

Physics and precise study isn't there for us to know the answer.

Mostly because there isn't a real application for it. What investor is going to put money into researching strange humming sounds and people that look like other people? Yes, there's more than that here. But the problem is that the rest is not concrete and investors don't go for "maybe."

So people who have experiences can only speculate with their own beliefs which only creates more myths. Some people are more sensitive to this energy field and even the time and place has something to do with the strength of the occurrances. The sensitivity itself varies person to person.

There's something out there that looks more or less like me, moves around at night and is accompanied by something I can't spot (probably not invisible, probably just dark and thus hard to spot backdropped against the sky) that flies way the hell above him and has an audible electrical current. It appears to be looking for something (or someone), and ran away the one time I got close. Your "explanation" makes no sense in this context. A mystical energy field might explain the electrical humm, but not the physical being. And the physical being is not emmiting the field because the sound is coming from well above him.

Maybe he's some kind creature that mimics the appearance of locals to avoid attention, and chose me because I was the first one it saw. That would explain the eyes, because it's likely it wouldn't be able to change them and have them still fill its intended purpose. Maybe an alien, which would explain the humm if a ship is accompanying him. And as an intelligent creature, it would know to operate in areas with little activity (which I personally prefer, because they're quiet) and it would likely be assigned to a single region if it really is looking for something. (I live in Lake Stevens now, but it's not far from Everett.) Since it operates at night (makes sense, because you can't tell its eyes are different in the dark) and I like to be out at night (because again, it's quiet) it's not unlikely for us to run into eachother from time to time. I hear the sound every couple times I'm out during that period, but I only see him a couple times a year. Usually at a distance, and always fairly briefly. I doubt there's anything special to do with me, except for being the one it copied. If it has a ship following it, it's not unlikely the reason I often hear the humm again for a while after I get home is it just moved closer to my house in its search. (If it even is a search. It might be a patrol, and it just looks like a search from my perspective.) This actually covers everything, and without involving the supernatural.

It's also possible that whatever he's doing, whatever is making that humm is following him.

I will share the experience that led me to do a little research doppleganger myths trying to make sense of it.

It happened to me when my uncle came back to the states on leave from Vietnam. Eight friends and family were there when he drove in the drive way and then we were just talking to each other and making plans for a going away party in a few days. My mother walked up behind me, then to my left side and was just standing there smiling weirdly and not saying anything for about 10 minutes which wasn't like her. When I tried to elbow her to answer Marie, I didn't feel her and she vanished! I looked towards our house on the same street. Marie a Navy friend asked me where my mom went and I pointed that my mother was mowing the lawn at our house up the street. I was in shock after everyone who wasn't family left, I discovered that only my grandfather, myself and Marie had seen her and talked "at her".

Already, it's obvious this is not related. You didn't notice any visible differences until you touched her, and she wasn't solid. In my case, the eyes weren't different and he was solid. And I know he was solid because of the first time, where I touched him to get his attention before we made eye contact and he took off. Even without that, the footsteps were a giveaway. Your encounter was with an illusion, mine was with a physical being.

I went home and asked my mother if she got off the mower and then went back and she said no. She didn't have enough time to do that, but I still had to ask.... She said she wanted to finish the lawn but she really really wanted to be there SO much that in a few seconds she had more or less what is now called a remote viewing event .... part of her was there but she was really on the mower! I asked why she didn't come over and she said she wasn't dressed properly. She was wearing a housedress when we saw her not her yard work clothes which she was really wearing.

Very, very obvious that this is completely different. What I saw was something else that looked like me. It was not me, seeing from a different viewpoint. I understand remote viewing and I've seen it happen. I know a few basic rules for it. It only works when people you are connected to are present at the location, it cannot be triggered conciously, cannot percieve anything not percieved by those connected to you and only they will see you there. I knew two girls this happened to all the time. It is not the same.

She said she remembered being in both places! She said she could see the people clearly but could not hear them very well. She only heard parts of the conversation but it was only what Marie, my granddad, and I said. Those were the other two people who SAW "her" there. She then told me what we said to each other! My mother said she didn't know how she could do it but it wasn't the first time! She called it the gift of "daydreaming reality" but she can't always do it when she'd like. She told me that since we could see her that meant we also had a gift. (it sounded more like it could be a curse to me and mom was a witch or something like that!)

Basic remote viewing event. It's a form of telepathy. You are connected to her on a personal level. She wants to be there so she is experiencing it through you. The perception is fuzzy and mostly illusory most of the time, but maybe with multiple people (thus multiple viewpoints for her subconcious to work with) it works better.

My grandad and I never viewed my mother in the same way after that. His comment to me was "don't become like your mother, she has a "gift" but doesn't always use it for good. She would have been burnt at the stake if it were a different day and age"

Wow. Real charmer, that one.

Because of this I believe there are some people that have an ability and can be like a "ghost" even though they are alive.

Remote viewing works through the minds of others. The "ghost" is an illusion, and doesn't always show. I'm guessing it was her intent to be there, rather than to just see it, that made the illusion appear. It's entirely in your mind, and will dissapear if you want it to be gone.

What is the "gift" really and why aren't people who have it able to control it better?

In my mother's case, why does she pay physically ?

(It appears to take something from her bones and joints when she is successful in using her "gift")

Yeah, pain and discomfort are normal. Remote viewing messes with your nervous system. It doesn't do any actual damage, though.

Those are some of the questions I've asked myself about the doppleganger effect ALL my life.

I'll probably never find all the answers but I hope this helps others trying to reconcile their CONFUSION. I hope serious researchers discover its mystery some day.

If you can't tell the difference between dopplegangers and remote viewing, you'll only succeed in confusing people more.

I feel for you, you're not alone in seeking answers to this old and very odd mystery. Maybe the lack of eyes in your double was because you weren't able to project your consciousness into it? The field of energy of humming pulse is something that manifests in many different phenomenons. I guess it's a working form of quantum physics that we don't understand yet. Since you said you still experience it this makes me think it is coming from YOU not someone or something projecting as you so don't be afraid of it.

This is clearly not the case. Remote viewing does not create physical beings, the humm is electric and comes from way above him, and quantum physics has nothing to do with electric currents. In fact, quantum physics has nothing to do with most things it's brought up in. It's not just some meaningless cover term for "scientastical stuff I don't understand." It's the theoretical physics of subatomic particles and the means through which they interact.

Meanwhile, electric currents do have a lot to do with "ghosts." Electric fields can interfere with a few sections of the brain, making you feel uneasy and making you percieve the presence of another person. Why? Because electrical fields emit electromagnetic radiation, often at low frequencies. If the frequency is low enough, it can be recieved and misinterpreted by the brain as the waves emmited from another person's mind. This results in a feeling that you are not alone when you most definitely are. Your subconcious does some strange things when it can feel somebody but not see them because of the way it looks for patterns and correlation. It will make everything you can't make out into a person if it thinks a person is nearby. If the waves are a bit off, it won't seem like a person but might seem like something else. An animal, a monster, some other being. If you ever had an "encounter" with something you never saw or heard, this is what happened. A lot of the time, the electric currents that emit these waves also humm, hence the humm being associated supernatural phenomena. I'm not saying all supernatural phenomena are imaginary, but most are, especially in a day and age where we get so much interference.

My encounters are different. I can see the being in question, it's not just my mind playing tricks on me because it's getting EM and thinks there's something there. I once touched said being and it was not only solid but felt exactly like it should have. (I touched his arm. It felt like a boy's arm.) He ran away from me, and I could hear his footsteps quite clearly. Later times I see him quite clearly and for periods lasting anywhere from several seconds to over a minute. The only reason it isn't longer is because I hurry away from him. He's really there, and I only don't do anything about it is because I'm not sure what the best thing to do is.

And that just about concludes this topic. Now that somebody has brought religion into it, I'd rather not address that and just move on to the second event. (The strangest in hindsight, even though I didn't think so at the time. Completely unrelated to this one.) Think I should make a different thread for the second one, or just keep going in this one? Commentor's choice.

Instead of repeating yourself can you answer the question?

I'm sorry, did I misunderstand you? Maybe you should try rephrasing your original question with proper grammar so I'm not guessing as to what you actually mean? When you said "Did you or not hear the noise other times?" did you mean "Did you or not hear the noise other times?"

Yes and no. I hear this kind of sound all the time. Everybody does. But that exact sound pattern, an electric humm that pulses and comes from a source strong enough I can feel the static coming off it (which also pulses) from a very long distance away, that I only hear on these occasions. It's always in the small hours of the morning, and always moves around the same way. I don't always see him, but I'm pretty sure he's there when it is and I just don't get close enough. Probably because I actively avoid it.

Edited by Seattleite

Wierdness:

You tell of feeling a pulse, you may be hearing your own pluse rate, you may be triggering OBE`s and your friends are convinced in what your seeing.

Get a check up on your health.

You tell of feeling a pulse, you may be hearing your own pluse rate, you may be triggering OBE`s and your friends are convinced in what your seeing.

Get a check up on your health.

That is patently rediculous.

1. The sound was that of an electrical current, not rushing fluid, and the sensation was that of static, not pressure.

2. The pulse was way too slow for any human heartrate. Unless you honestly think that I have a heartrate of 20BPM, this is already completely out the window.

3. There was external, and was coming from a location I could identify.

4. My heartrate increased as the event went on, and the pulse I was feeling stayed the same.

5. You need to be extremely hypertensive to feel your own pulse. I am actually mildly hypotensive most of the time, due to a lack of proper hydration.

6. If I was hypertensive enough to feel my own pulse during a moment of light, casual activity at age eight, I would not be alive now at age twenty.

7. This would NOT explain physical being, which all of us got very close to and I actually touched.

Who said it stopped happening when I had a knife it stopped? I'm just more comfortable with these things when I have a weapon I know how to use. As for the hum, I know what it is. It's an electrical current. I just don't ever see the source.

Well, yes. It is definitionally a doppleganger.

The odds of this being in any way supernatural are pretty low. Given the direction the sound is coming from, it cannot possibly be coming from him. It's following above him and not perfectly. That means whatever it is that is creating the sound is a seperate entity, and I don't think there's much chance of an audible electrical current in a supernatural being.

Really? It's electricity. It's just electricity. It doesn't explain the doppleganger.

Some kind of ship, maybe? People hear electrical hums around black triangles, just because I never saw one doesn't mean it's not a possibility. Certainly more likely than mystical energy, given that there's a physical being on the ground.

Mostly because there isn't a real application for it. What investor is going to put money into researching strange humming sounds and people that look like other people? Yes, there's more than that here. But the problem is that the rest is not concrete and investors don't go for "maybe."

There's something out there that looks more or less like me, moves around at night and is accompanied by something I can't spot (probably not invisible, probably just dark and thus hard to spot backdropped against the sky) that flies way the hell above him and has an audible electrical current. It appears to be looking for something (or someone), and ran away the one time I got close. Your "explanation" makes no sense in this context. A mystical energy field might explain the electrical humm, but not the physical being. And the physical being is not emmiting the field because the sound is coming from well above him.

Maybe he's some kind creature that mimics the appearance of locals to avoid attention, and chose me because I was the first one it saw. That would explain the eyes, because it's likely it wouldn't be able to change them and have them still fill its intended purpose. Maybe an alien, which would explain the humm if a ship is accompanying him. And as an intelligent creature, it would know to operate in areas with little activity (which I personally prefer, because they're quiet) and it would likely be assigned to a single region if it really is looking for something. (I live in Lake Stevens now, but it's not far from Everett.) Since it operates at night (makes sense, because you can't tell its eyes are different in the dark) and I like to be out at night (because again, it's quiet) it's not unlikely for us to run into eachother from time to time. I hear the sound every couple times I'm out during that period, but I only see him a couple times a year. Usually at a distance, and always fairly briefly. I doubt there's anything special to do with me, except for being the one it copied. If it has a ship following it, it's not unlikely the reason I often hear the humm again for a while after I get home is it just moved closer to my house in its search. (If it even is a search. It might be a patrol, and it just looks like a search from my perspective.) This actually covers everything, and without involving the supernatural.

It's also possible that whatever he's doing, whatever is making that humm is following him.

Already, it's obvious this is not related. You didn't notice any visible differences until you touched her, and she wasn't solid. In my case, the eyes weren't different and he was solid. And I know he was solid because of the first time, where I touched him to get his attention before we made eye contact and he took off. Even without that, the footsteps were a giveaway. Your encounter was with an illusion, mine was with a physical being.

Very, very obvious that this is completely different. What I saw was something else that looked like me. It was not me, seeing from a different viewpoint. I understand remote viewing and I've seen it happen. I know a few basic rules for it. It only works when people you are connected to are present at the location, it cannot be triggered conciously, cannot percieve anything not percieved by those connected to you and only they will see you there. I knew two girls this happened to all the time. It is not the same.

Basic remote viewing event. It's a form of telepathy. You are connected to her on a personal level. She wants to be there so she is experiencing it through you. The perception is fuzzy and mostly illusory most of the time, but maybe with multiple people (thus multiple viewpoints for her subconcious to work with) it works better.

Wow. Real charmer, that one.

Remote viewing works through the minds of others. The "ghost" is an illusion, and doesn't always show. I'm guessing it was her intent to be there, rather than to just see it, that made the illusion appear. It's entirely in your mind, and will dissapear if you want it to be gone.

Yeah, pain and discomfort are normal. Remote viewing messes with your nervous system. It doesn't do any actual damage, though.

If you can't tell the difference between dopplegangers and remote viewing, you'll only succeed in confusing people more.

This is clearly not the case. Remote viewing does not create physical beings, the humm is electric and comes from way above him, and quantum physics has nothing to do with electric currents. In fact, quantum physics has nothing to do with most things it's brought up in. It's not just some meaningless cover term for "scientastical stuff I don't understand." It's the theoretical physics of subatomic particles and the means through which they interact.

Meanwhile, electric currents do have a lot to do with "ghosts." Electric fields can interfere with a few sections of the brain, making you feel uneasy and making you percieve the presence of another person. Why? Because electrical fields emit electromagnetic radiation, often at low frequencies. If the frequency is low enough, it can be recieved and misinterpreted by the brain as the waves emmited from another person's mind. This results in a feeling that you are not alone when you most definitely are. Your subconcious does some strange things when it can feel somebody but not see them because of the way it looks for patterns and correlation. It will make everything you can't make out into a person if it thinks a person is nearby. If the waves are a bit off, it won't seem like a person but might seem like something else. An animal, a monster, some other being. If you ever had an "encounter" with something you never saw or heard, this is what happened. A lot of the time, the electric currents that emit these waves also humm, hence the humm being associated supernatural phenomena. I'm not saying all supernatural phenomena are imaginary, but most are, especially in a day and age where we get so much interference.

My encounters are different. I can see the being in question, it's not just my mind playing tricks on me because it's getting EM and thinks there's something there. I once touched said being and it was not only solid but felt exactly like it should have. (I touched his arm. It felt like a boy's arm.) He ran away from me, and I could hear his footsteps quite clearly. Later times I see him quite clearly and for periods lasting anywhere from several seconds to over a minute. The only reason it isn't longer is because I hurry away from him. He's really there, and I only don't do anything about it is because I'm not sure what the best thing to do is.

And that just about concludes this topic. Now that somebody has brought religion into it, I'd rather not address that and just move on to the second event. (The strangest in hindsight, even though I didn't think so at the time. Completely unrelated to this one.) Think I should make a different thread for the second one, or just keep going in this one? Commentor's choice.

I don't believe religion has any thing to do with it, it's about trying to understand the real cause of an effect. Dopplegangers can be totally different things!

I thought the hum you heard was around you and him which would likely suggest you were the one effecting the EM fields and didn't realize it. People who have out of body or remote viewing or witness physical manifestations also hear a humming sounds.

A psychic person like my mother manipulating a field at a remote location could be explained by some quantum physics research in my opinion. The particles that disappear and reappear over a vast distance show a relationship to each other between distance and time which is not yet fully understood. Being part of a field might explain what actually connects them to each other.

I noticed in some alien abduction stories you will hear the same stories about the EM hum like sounds. I heard a story about one man who said he saw a UFO and heard the sounds and it was at night in an alley. He saw what looked to be a big cat appear out of thin air below it and that it was a real "solid" because it moved objects as it ran. He also perceived a hum energy connecting it to the UFO as it went. When it looked at him it also didn't have normal cat eyes. This experience sounds very much like your experience. He suggested that we were being observed by beings he called "alien shapeshifters" since they could appear as animals or human in his experiences.

This is much more disturbing then trying to understand psychic dopplegangers!

If even only a few of these stories are true, this presents a very bad situation to why people are getting watched and most likely manipulated. Whether it is really a covert human technology or alien is not the question to be really concerned about! What's really creepy to me is some UFO/alien contactees have formed religions based on them because they think they are so good when they might not be! Apparently, the contactee/channellers tuned into these beings meet them physically at times. If they exist and can appear in different forms this would give them a very deceptive power over people and what they believe them to be. If it really happened and they are not just crazy, the real motives behind these beings makes me very curious.

Somebody or something may have a technology in use to manipulate people's belief systems. If it's aliens I would question why they would do that just to observe us. There has to be another reason for a "form" being created that could interact as something familiar to us. It may be some kind of a projection of a field that has an opposing force to solid objects and can appear to be a living thing when observed. Doesn't necessarily make it a typical solid form, might be some kind of a holograph that has the illusion of being solid.

Edited by White Unicorn

THE young man woke feeling dizzy. He got up and turned around, only to see himself still lying in bed. He shouted at his sleeping body, shook it, and jumped on it. The next thing he knew he was lying down again, but now seeing himself standing by the bed and shaking his sleeping body. Stricken with fear, he jumped out of the window. His room was on the third floor. He was found later, badly injured.

What this 21-year-old had just experienced was an out-of-body experience, one of the most peculiar states of consciousness. It was probably triggered by his epilepsy (Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol 57, p 838). "He didn't want to commit suicide," says Peter Brugger, the young man's neuropsychologist at University Hospital Zurich in Switzerland. "He jumped to find a match between body and self. He must have been having a seizure." ...

http://www.newscient...ody-behind.html.

Heautoscopy is a term used in psychiatry and neurology for the reduplicative hallucination of "seeing one's own body at a distance".[1] It can occur as a symptom in schizophrenia[2] and epilepsy. Heautoscopy is considered as one possible explanation for the doppelgänger phenomena.

It happens.Heautoscopy

Edited by docyabut2

I don't believe religion has any thing to do with it, it's about trying to understand the real cause of an effect. Dopplegangers can be totally different things!

You did indeed bring it up. Reread that, you brought up religion a lot in that comment.

I thought the hum you heard was around you and him which would likely suggest you were the one effecting the EM fields and didn't realize it. People who have out of body or remote viewing or witness physical manifestations also hear a humming sounds.

The hum was in the air. We followed it to him. Every other time I saw him the hum was there.

A psychic person like my mother manipulating a field at a remote location could be explained by some quantum physics research in my opinion. The particles that disappear and reappear over a vast distance show a relationship to each other between distance and time which is not yet fully understood. Being part of a field might explain what actually connects them to each other.

Or by sending stimuli to the field using electromagnetic radiation. And telepathy doesn't have a thing to do with "fields." Telepathy uses waves, specifically low-frequency radio waves. It is also weak and subconcious, but everybody has it to some extent.

I noticed in some alien abduction stories you will hear the same stories about the EM hum like sounds. I heard a story about one man who said he saw a UFO and heard the sounds and it was at night in an alley. He saw what looked to be a big cat appear out of thin air below it and that it was a real "solid" because it moved objects as it ran. He also perceived a hum energy connecting it to the UFO as it went. When it looked at him it also didn't have normal cat eyes. This experience sounds very much like your experience. He suggested that we were being observed by beings he called "alien shapeshifters" since they could appear as animals or human in his experiences.

More or less what I think is happening. I'm pretty sure the hum is emmited by the ships themselves. Most likely their propulsion mechanism or some kind of shield. In fact, it's easy enough to rig a propulsion mechanism that makes that sound, but only in small scale and it doesn't increase and decrease in volume. A shield would match what I heard better, with the increase likely being the shield replacing energy lost to the environment and the decrease being it reducing output to preserve power between recharges. It would also explain why it always stopped for a minute or so before I saw him. It would have to shut down the shield to drop him off or he'd be fried.

As for him, his physical characteristic appeared human. His greater speed might be explained as him not being limited to 20% like a real human. And It might be that the body is a fake, some kind of cloned (or really convincing synthetic) body they control. I know he is vulnerable because he's very clumsy (despite his speed) and I've seen him fall and injure himself. He also runs from me if I get close, pull a knife or grab a blunt instrument, (I've never tried a gun, but it would probably scare him off too) suggesting he fears injury. Maybe his control is direct? It's possible he's got an alien brain in his head. With advanced enough technology and some mechanical assistance, such a transplant is quite possible. If this is the case, they might be able to return him to his own body if he went back, but if he was killed in a human body it's possible his brain would no longer be viable. Ten minutes with no breathing or pulse (in a normal environment) is enough to damage a human brain beyond repair. It's possible the same is true here.

This is much more disturbing then trying to understand psychic dopplegangers!

If even only a few of these stories are true, this presents a very bad situation to why people are getting watched and most likely manipulated. Whether it is really a covert human technology or alien is not the question to be really concerned about! What's really creepy to me is some UFO/alien contactees have formed religions based on them because they think they are so good when they might not be! Apparently, the contactee/channellers tuned into these beings meet them physically at times. If they exist and can appear in different forms this would give them a very deceptive power over people and what they believe them to be. If it really happened and they are not just crazy, the real motives behind these beings makes me very curious.

But the whole "no eyes" thing makes stealth restricted to longer distances and low light levels. So it's really not that likely to work. Besides, all the times I saw and all the matching events I've heard about they were just wandering. Specifically, one of my friends had an encounter with my doppleganger outside a convenience store on Rucker. It was two years later, still looked exactly like it did before right down to the clothes. He came up on it, grabbed its arm and spun it around. It shoved him down (he pulled it down with him, but let go when his angle broke) and it ran off. (And just like my encounters, it stumbled a lot as it scrambled off him and when it tripped over the curb across the street.)

In one instance, an louisiana man (relative of one of the friends who was with me during my first experience) said he shot the "davil than" [sic] with his shotgun, wounding it. He chased it, wounding it twice during the chase and emptying his shotgun into it once he caught it. He called the police, they came and instead of a body they found footprints and dragmarks that ended in the middle of the road with some drip marks The man was arrested, but since no body was found no charges were pressed. In the other instance, a young girl I knew chased one of them (who looked like her) and it was hit by a car and killed trying to escape her. The driver, of course, stopped to look before speeding away from the scene. (Yeah, the scumbag driver sped away from the body of a child they just hit.) When the little one came and got me we found no body at the scene. Just a lot of blood.

Somebody or something may have a technology in use to manipulate people's belief systems. If it's aliens I would question why they would do that just to observe us. There has to be another reason for a "form" being created that could interact as something familiar to us. It may be some kind of a projection of a field that has an opposing force to solid objects and can appear to be a living thing when observed. Doesn't necessarily make it a typical solid form, might be some kind of a holograph that has the illusion of being solid.

Wouldn't explain them feeling real when touched, or them being wounded and even killed on multiple occasions.

Edited by Seattleite

You did indeed bring it up. Reread that, you brought up religion a lot in that comment.

Just quoting reactions and opinions about actual references to the psychic abilities.

The hum was in the air. We followed it to him. Every other time I saw him the hum was there.

Or by sending stimuli to the field using electromagnetic radiation. And telepathy doesn't have a thing to do with "fields." Telepathy uses waves, specifically low-frequency radio waves. It is also weak and subconcious, but everybody has it to some extent.

Not all psychic or scientific experiments are in low frequency waves, there are higher frequencies with more power that are like a light energy sent into fields that can cause a surge or a pulse that can affect real objects that are surrounded by those receptive fields. An electric eel doesn't know about electricity but it knows how to produce current, it's just a natural ability. Most who know about this higher level don't really know how it works they just know how to experiment to use it and that it is a connection with the subconscious. BTW there really is telekinesis and there's no way that I think it can be low-frequency radio waves.

More or less what I think is happening. I'm pretty sure the hum is emmited by the ships themselves. Most likely their propulsion mechanism or some kind of shield. In fact, it's easy enough to rig a propulsion mechanism that makes that sound, but only in small scale and it doesn't increase and decrease in volume. A shield would match what I heard better, with the increase likely being the shield replacing energy lost to the environment and the decrease being it reducing output to preserve power between recharges. It would also explain why it always stopped for a minute or so before I saw him. It would have to shut down the shield to drop him off or he'd be fried.

That is a most creative speculation considering you never saw a ship. Not saying it isn't correct but we need to be sceptical before jumping to our own conclusions. You don't want to over look any unknown variable of the matter just because it doesn't fit with what you percieve to be the answer at this moment in time. This could lead you away from the real discovery.

UM forum is a good thing if you find others who have really shared your experiences. It's a great way to brainstorm other possibilites you never thought about or even discover more witnesses to confirm your consclusions. I hope you discover what's really happening.

As for him, his physical characteristic appeared human. His greater speed might be explained as him not being limited to 20% like a real human. And It might be that the body is a fake, some kind of cloned (or really convincing synthetic) body they control. I know he is vulnerable because he's very clumsy (despite his speed) and I've seen him fall and injure himself. He also runs from me if I get close, pull a knife or grab a blunt instrument, (I've never tried a gun, but it would probably scare him off too) suggesting he fears injury. Maybe his control is direct? It's possible he's got an alien brain in his head. With advanced enough technology and some mechanical assistance, such a transplant is quite possible. If this is the case, they might be able to return him to his own body if he went back, but if he was killed in a human body it's possible his brain would no longer be viable. Ten minutes with no breathing or pulse (in a normal environment) is enough to damage a human brain beyond repair. It's possible the same is true here.

But the whole "no eyes" thing makes stealth restricted to longer distances and low light levels. So it's really not that likely to work. Besides, all the times I saw and all the matching events I've heard about they were just wandering. Specifically, one of my friends had an encounter with my doppleganger outside a convenience store on Rucker. It was two years later, still looked exactly like it did before right down to the clothes. He came up on it, grabbed its arm and spun it around. It shoved him down (he pulled it down with him, but let go when his angle broke) and it ran off. (And just like my encounters, it stumbled a lot as it scrambled off him and when it tripped over the curb across the street.)

In one instance, an louisiana man (relative of one of the friends who was with me during my first experience) said he shot the "davil than" [sic] with his shotgun, wounding it. He chased it, wounding it twice during the chase and emptying his shotgun into it once he caught it. He called the police, they came and instead of a body they found footprints and dragmarks that ended in the middle of the road with some drip marks The man was arrested, but since no body was found no charges were pressed. In the other instance, a young girl I knew chased one of them (who looked like her) and it was hit by a car and killed trying to escape her. The driver, of course, stopped to look before speeding away from the scene. (Yeah, the scumbag driver sped away from the body of a child they just hit.) When the little one came and got me we found no body at the scene. Just a lot of blood.

This is just too insane sounds like attack of the changlings, golems or cloned alien hybrids or something! I never heard of this... no wonder we have the stories of FEMA and UK preparing for Zombie invasions on the internet! Sounds dangerous if your friend is going out to kill your doppleganger since he may mistakingly kill a real person if he happens to hear the hum at the wrong time.

Wouldn't explain them feeling real when touched, or them being wounded and even killed on multiple occasions.

You missed my point a holographic projection with a controlled force field that has the ability to feel solid if it touches something. If there's blood from these things I would say we can cross out that speculation. Has any one analyzed the blood to determine animal,human, unknown? Even if there were no bodies I would think the detectives would still do lab work. One couldn't ask for better evidence than that to find a clue to what they are.

I've discovered some really strange things in my life but this has to be the weirdest and scariest tale I ever heard!

Edited by White Unicorn

This is just too insane sounds like attack of the changlings, golems or cloned alien hybrids or something! I never heard of this... no wonder we have the stories of FEMA and UK preparing for Zombie invasions on the internet! Sounds dangerous if your friend is going out to kill your doppleganger since he may mistakingly kill a real person if he happens to hear the hum at the wrong time.

He didn't. He just saw him and spun him to see if it was him or I. He also said he never heard the humm, and was confused because I didn't look like that anymore. I don't think he's even capable of doing that. My doppelganger is still a child. I'm the original, and even I couldn't bring myself to hurt him. (Other than the missing eyes, he's actually kinda cute.) Maybe part of why I avoid him, I'm not sure what I'd do if I actually caught him. As for my friend's his uncle killing one, he saw it on his property. He responded with a shotgun in hand (which is normal out in hicksville) and started shooting when he saw it didn't have eyes. Finally, the alien impersonating the little one was killed accidentally by a random driver. (Who, being a total jerkass, drove off when they realised they hit a baby.)

You missed my point a holographic projection with a controlled force field that has the ability to feel solid if it touches something. If there's blood from these things I would say we can cross out that speculation. Has any one analyzed the blood to determine animal,human, unknown? Even if there were no bodies I would think the detectives would still do lab work. One couldn't ask for better evidence than that to find a clue to what they are.

I've discovered some really strange things in my life but this has to be the weirdest and scariest tale I ever heard!

Also, even if hard light was possible, it wouldn't be soft. Besides, when you hold a person's limb you can feel the layers. That is even more impossible than the hard light being soft. And no, no study was done on the blood as far as I know.

He didn't. He just saw him and spun him to see if it was him or I. He also said he never heard the humm, and was confused because I didn't look like that anymore. I don't think he's even capable of doing that. My doppelganger is still a child. I'm the original, and even I couldn't bring myself to hurt him. (Other than the missing eyes, he's actually kinda cute.) Maybe part of why I avoid him, I'm not sure what I'd do if I actually caught him. As for my friend's his uncle killing one, he saw it on his property. He responded with a shotgun in hand (which is normal out in hicksville) and started shooting when he saw it didn't have eyes. Finally, the alien impersonating the little one was killed accidentally by a random driver. (Who, being a total jerkass, drove off when they realised they hit a baby.)

Also, even if hard light was possible, it wouldn't be soft. Besides, when you hold a person's limb you can feel the layers. That is even more impossible than the hard light being soft. And no, no study was done on the blood as far as I know.

Instead of being aggressive toward these doubles has anyone ever tried to communicate with them simply by asking "Why are you here and what can I do to help you?" More likely to receive a response with empathy and focusing thoughts more than the words .

If it were me, I would be collecting blood samples. Since no one mainstream will believe the story,I would try - this is from something like a big foot , one of those kind of researchers would probably jump at the opportunity since it seems to be so popular today trying to discover DNA of those fabled creatures. You have to be tricky if you can't afford an independent analysis or even try a local veterinarian. If something unsual is found you will have people coming to you for further research, more then you ever bargained for!

I must say I do not generally read much about UFOs and contactees, mainly because I know we have been contacted by other species and most of the stuff out there now is just our own high technology or UFO speculation BS. I just look at cases that I come by that include some generally unknown details that link it to possibly being a genuine experience and try to gather more clues to the real agenda.

The biggest mystery to me is why it is has not been publicly disclosed. There has to be a reason or an agenda behind it, either their's or ours. We are not the backward society, that religions, politics and our defense would fail if their existence were disclosed as it would have been at the time Truman discovered them.

I am very sceptical but still open minded to the unknown since I have seen many things proved real that most people do not even guess exist. It really disturbs me if your experiences are real because that would really explain why the non disclosure policies in defense have been going on for decades. That is not the answer to my question that I wanted to find.