Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My three strangest experiences, part 1.

Seattleite

don't be a dingbat

So, you're been getting followed by a doppelganger for over a decade? Why? What's he want? It's time you took active steps to make contact, you already know how, late night walks.

• Like 1

So, you're been getting followed by a doppelganger for over a decade? Why? What's he want? It's time you took active steps to make contact, you already know how, late night walks.

First off, I apologize for taking so long to reply to this. For some reason, I ended up being unsubscribed to this thread.

Second, I don't think he's actually following me. I think we're just both in the same area and we're coming across each other.

Third, he may be kinda cute but he still creeps the **** out of me. He's not nearly as creepy as the other two, but he's still creepy.

Fourth, he runs when approached and he is very, very fast. Catching him is not going to be possible.

Do you want to make contact ?

Do you want to make contact ?

I don't know. Probably not.

Edited by Seattleite

• 7 months later...

I'm not sure we have any necro rules, but I wanted to share some information and I'm not sue a new thread is warranted. I was on the EDCC campus the other day and a guy came up to me and asked me to talk to him. He mentioned seeing me on this site, which doesn't make any sense because I never posted a current picture, mentioned my name (I don't think) or where I went to school, not to mention this thread is ancient. He asked where I was going, and if he could come with me as far as I was comfortable because he wanted to talk without interrupting my schedule, and I said yes. We talked at length on the bus, at the station and on the next bus until I got off there. He wanted to talk specifically about this particular subject, said he had a LOT of information for me.

Now, I know it might not be nice to say this, but I would take the following information with a grain of salt because he's one of us and frankly, we're not the most reliable source of information.

Things he said about the aliens:

1. The creatures are from an extraterrestrial conglomerate and disguise themselves as local creatures to avoid attention. They choose children because humans are very large and they don't have any species in their conglomerate as large as our adults. They have other species that perform better disguised as animals, (probably explains the cat White Unicorn mentioned) but those aren't always available and they need humanoids to pilot the ships. (Why? Are they the main species? Why didn't see fit to make controls for the others?)
  2. Not all aliens visiting us are from that conglomerate, and that not all of them are as careful as they are and often visit without disguising themselves. Many cryptids, especially the smaller ones, are aliens in their natural forms.
  3. Those disguising themselves as human children have black eyes because their eyes are black and they can't see through any material that would serve to disguise it, so they just don't bother covering them. (Well, it's *an* idea. Can't say it's the best, but whatever.)
  4. The disguises are durable, but they can't be armoured because they were designed to look and feel real while still being cheap and quick to produce. (Must be very quick, since they matched my appearance and outfit in what couldn't have been more than an hour.)
  5. The aliens' strength and speed is their only asset as they do not carry weapons when disguised. This comes from their disguise, which is powered. (Part of remaining covert?)
  6. There are physical aliens in these suits, they are mortal and in fact very frail. Their apparent durability is from their disguises, which include a medical system. (A damn good one, I think.)
  7. The aliens disappear because the suits can bring them back to life, giving them a supply of synthetic blood, clotting their wounds and reviving them. The drag marks are from them dragging themselves into their ships where their wounds can be treated better.
  8. They can survive most wounds, but their vital organs can only be repaired on their ships and if their wound is in their heart they will not survive because the heart will reopen any holes in it, and they'll just die again. Head wounds are also bad, but not fatal unless their brain can't communicate with their body. Once on the ship, brain damage can be repaired. (What about their memories? Can the ship restore those or are they SOL?) Basically, if you want them to stay dead put a hole in their heart or cut off their head.
  9. The aforementioned pulse is an energy shield. (I certainly hope somebody picks up that phone, because I called it.) The shield generates an electric field which detects objects nearing it and directs the electricity at them. This is intended to detonate explosives far away from the hull, and is useless against kinetic and energy attacks. The shield must be lowered to drop personnel.
  10. The ships we see (black triangles) are scouts and are not heavily armed or armoured. Their hull is resistant to energy weaponry but you could shoot holes in them with a rifle. (This seems like a MASSIVE flaw to me.) We've shot them down before without much difficulty, our fighters' cannons rip right through them and they're not very manoeuvrable in atmosphere.
  11. They're looking for something whenever they're seen. The US government is allied with one of their enemies and is obligated to shoot them down on sight, but they have a "no man left behind" mentality and feel the need to come down and retrieve their personnel. Which leads to them losing more personnel, so more searches. (Seems about right. Doesn't explain why my doppelgänger was hiding from the search crew, though.)
  12. They aren't a threat. We're allied with their enemies, and going to war with us would mean going to war with them and they really, really don't want that. (Does that imply the other side is stronger? Is that why we allied with them?)
  13. The nagas I saw around Mt. Rainier were probably made by them, and probably for no real reason. They have a strongly bureaucratic society and need to spend all their grant money or they lose their budget, so wasting cash on pointless pet projects is totally something they'd do. According to him, that's where most cryptids come from. They make them to waste money, and them dump them here in the DMZ because they can't dump them legally anywhere else. According to him, the US hasn't been a DMZ since the 50s, but Canada and Mexico still are.
  14. Some cryptids were designed for a purpose, usually subject retrieval. He described, for instance, a monster dog that would drag off infants and children, strip them down, swallow them whole and take them back to the aliens for study and sampling. The dog dragging off the child, blood from the injuries the child would inevitably receive in the process, and the torn clothes left at the scene would make it seem that the child was killed even though a body wasn't left. Anybody witnessing the child's abduction would see the dog swallowing the child and that would reinforce this idea. The children are never returned, but he insists the aliens would never kill them and would go out of their way to make the experience more pleasant for them. (I actually think that nagas would be good for this purpose, given their traits and one boy mentioning that he was swallowed by one. It's entirely possible he's wrong about them just being money wasters and they are actually human retrievers that got loose.)
  15. This isn't going public because "There's a race of aliens that have such advanced biotech they can make complex engineered lifeforms and bring back the recently deceased, but we chose to ally with the warmongering savages they're having a cold war with instead." would be hard to spin in a positive light. (That... Actually makes a lot of sense.)
  16. He claims that he used to be part of a hactivist group trying to release government information on extraterrestrial life, but when they found all this he left, fearing for his life. (Which, assuming this is true, would have been warranted.) He says that it was all years ago and he doesn't want to come forward with this on the internet because he'd be taken into custody. (Which is silly. The government knows the best way to squelch information on this kind of topic is to call it fake and leave it at that.)

Edited by Seattleite