Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schoolboy finds WWII bomb with metal detector

Still Waters

A seven-year-old boy sparked a major security scare after discovering a buried WWII bomb – with a metal detector he got for Christmas.

Sonny Cater was exploring fields near his house when the National Geographic metal detector, worth £30, led him to a mud-caked metal capsule.

He took it home but his father Jem, 37, became suspicious as he washed it under a tap and contacted a relative who is a former RAF armourer.

http://www.telegraph...as-present.html

are these people insane? not one of them took a picture of this thig? where were their iphones?!?! what is the world coming to.

• Like 1

I would be looking for more of them. Just for Safety reasons

are these people insane? not one of them took a picture of this thig? where were their iphones?!?! what is the world coming to.

Haha haha! I wanted to see it too!

They should have let him keep the shell, how often do little boys find bombs? Best Christmas gift ever!!

Edited by Lava_Lady

agreed if its just a shell whats the problem with letting the kid keep his treasure

I would be looking for more of them. Just for Safety reasons

That's quite true because god knows how much unexploded ordinance there is.

A bomb disposal unit should be called in to comb the surrounding areas.

I think it was pretty reckless our boys would leave these bombs hither and thither.

You can't really say it's anything to do with being caught in the victory celebrations.

However because the UK isn't recognised as an official warzone in the last century or so there should be no minefields.

But you should still tread carefully and be aware of any hidden dangers.

You don't want to be hearing any Christmas tragedies instead.

This guy was very lucky to be in one piece and that's the greatest present he could ever receive.

Edited by Medium Brown

They should have let him keep the shell, how often do little boys find bombs? Best Christmas gift ever!!

What are the chances??? Really lucky kid :rolleyes:

Yeah exactly! would have been a great souvenir. Hmmph

Edited by ad hoc

That's quite true because god knows how much unexploded ordinance there is.

A bomb disposal unit should be called in to comb the surrounding areas.

I think it was pretty reckless our boys would leave these bombs hither and thither.

You can't really say it's anything to do with being caught in the victory celebrations.

However because the UK isn't recognised as an official warzone in the last century or so there should be no minefields.

But you should still tread carefully and be aware of any hidden dangers.

You don't want to be hearing any Christmas tragedies instead.

This guy was very lucky to be in one piece and that's the greatest present he could ever receive.

I know right im surprised i didn't read of them sending in any teams of people to search the surrounding areas incase there isnt anything else hiding.

They should have let him keep it. Then if he wanted he could take it to a pawn shop and get some cash. :santa: