Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Church of Scientology to be charged

glorybebe

Belgian federal prosecutors are preparing to bring charges, including fraud and extortion, against the Church of Scientology as a “criminal organisation”, according to press reports.

Charges of fraud, illegal medicine, breaches of privacy and extortion have been drawn up against the Church and two senior executives, De Tijd, Belgium’s financial newspaper, has reported.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Church+Scientology+charged+criminal+organization+Belgium/7754614/story.html

Good! Maybe more countries will follow!

• Like 8

Whoa! That is huge! If Belgium actually goes through with it I think most of Europe will follow but I know the US will not. There is way to much money behind them here and when they start crying foul, they well win on the religious freedom stance, even though they insist they are not a religion.

I recall a friend & I answering a 'help wanted' ad when I was a teen and at the "interview" I was asked to take a personality test that was nearly 20 pages long...ugh, being impatient I faked my way through it, but after they made my friend and I sit through a lecture about something I don't even remember what it was, but I know it was very boring and I wanted to get the heck out of there. They ended up selling my friend L Ron Hubbards book, Dianetics for 10 dollars!!!

I remember thinking what a load of bull****, I go to an interview for a job and they want to sell me something? Well how ridiculous is that??? I did not get a lot of attention after I refuse to buy the book but, my friend got phone calls for weeks afterwards.

They prey on the week minded.

• Like 2

nothing and somthing first

thanks glorybebe

"Charges of fraud, illegal medicine, breaches of privacy and extortion" could be said about the church of athiest and christian chuches but not proven

because how can you prove fraud when it a believe it is in your self to believe or not

one might name illegal medicine has your belief or lack of belief

with love of somthing which is nothing and a holy kiss of star dust unto you from Roy

Edited by Roy Perry

Second country in five years, looks like they are trying to beat a record....

Or a lot of deaths/disapperances... :no:

Wait,I've never heard this before . Do they really eliminate people ?

nothing and somthing first

thanks glorybebe

"Charges of fraud, illegal medicine, breaches of privacy and extortion" could be said about the church of athiest and christian chuches but not proven

because how can you prove fraud when it a believe it is in your self to believe or not

one might name illegal medicine has your belief or lack of belief

with love of somthing which is nothing and a holy kiss of star dust unto you from Roy

Their "medical" practices are beyond questionable . They used it to try to recruit WTC workers,suffering from ptsd .

Uncool

Their "medical" practices are beyond questionable . They used it to try to recruit WTC workers,suffering from ptsd .

Uncool

I thought they were anti-medicine? As a "medical practice" it can be argued that telling people with psychological problems not to take man made meds is definitely questionable, especially those with depression, psychosis and suffering schizophrenic episodes.

They should be charged for fraud for impersonating medical professionals-this is years overdue, especially as they deny being a religion and cannot hide behind any of the immunity that provides to so many beliefs.

• Like 1

I thought they were anti-medicine? As a "medical practice" it can be argued that telling people with psychological problems not to take man made meds is definitely questionable, especially those with depression, psychosis and suffering schizophrenic episodes.

They should be charged for fraud for impersonating medical professionals-this is years overdue, especially as they deny being a religion and cannot hide behind any of the immunity that provides to so many beliefs.

http://www.solitarytrees.net/cowen/misc/ground0.htm

It wasn't known immediately ,that they were behind this. When it came out ,big outcry .

They literally moved in on the most vulnerable of people,and took advantage,like vampiric leeches

I hate them .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Rescue_Workers_Detoxification_Project

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Good news, they are cockroaches and should be stamped on in every country they infest.

One of my favourite televison documenteries is from BBC, where reporter eventually looses his cool and gives this scientology creep both barrels.

Edit to include clip of volcano erupting. Not quite in context without seeing all documentary, but entertaining anyway.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 1

Ron Hubbard, who was not making money off his scifi books, was quoted as saying if you want to make money start a religion. The whole thing was a fraud from the start. Then I think most organized religions are.

• Like 4

I heard that Scientology is illegal in Germany - don't know if this is still true.

My advise is to run like hell if you see these people. But Lava_Lady's experience tells me they don't always reveal who they are at first.

• Like 1

nothing and somthing first thanks glorybebe "Charges of fraud, illegal medicine, breaches of privacy and extortion" could be said about the church of athiest and christian chuches but not proven because how can you prove fraud when it a believe it is in your self to believe or not one might name illegal medicine has your belief or lack of belief with love of somthing which is nothing and a holy kiss of star dust unto you from Roy
Ron Hubbard, who was not making money off his scifi books, was quoted as saying if you want to make money start a religion. The whole thing was a fraud from the start. Then I think most organized religions are.

I consider the book Dianetics to be his first sci fi book.

• Like 1

Supposedly before that eruption the Scientology guy was said; "psychiatrists caused the holocaust".

Erm..... OK......

I'm sure if you wanted to pin it on anyone other than Hitler and his henchmen I'd go for the National banking system who gave him the money to carry out his sick fantasy.

• Like 6

Wait,I've never heard this before . Do they really eliminate people ?

I personally knew a guy who quit and had to go into hiding so that they would stop harrassing him. There was a story in The Province newspaper a few years ago in which former Scientologists claimed to have received death threats because they quit. The reporter that was investigating Tom Cruise suddenly died in an accident....there are a lot of accusations against this organization. Never mind the deaths at it's members hands while they were 'treating' people.

i love to hate scientologists.

i will not watch a movie that stars anyone that i know is a scientologist. that includes tom cruise, john travolta, kirstie alley, juliette lewis, etc...

there is no way that one cent of my money will ever go to anyone that i know is involved with scientology

• Like 1

i love to hate scientologists.

i will not watch a movie that stars anyone that i know is a scientologist. that includes tom cruise, john travolta, kirstie alley, juliette lewis, etc...

there is no way that one cent of my money will ever go to anyone that i know is involved with scientology

Me, too. I have been looked at funny for refusing to go to a movie with a scientologist as an actor in it, but, I refuse to line their pockets with more money.

• Like 1

Me, too. I have been looked at funny for refusing to go to a movie with a scientologist as an actor in it, but, I refuse to line their pockets with more money.

as far as i'm concerned, you are exactly right. you line their pocket and they feed the evil scientology machine

Between this and the petition to call Westboro Baptist Church a hate group, maybe humans are waking up a little. Maybe...

Right on! Bring em down!!