Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy charged for posting fight video

glorybebe

Seriously teach kids how to deal with this crap not go out and arrest everybody who makes people feel bad. Stopping the fight was more then likely not in option in his mind because most schools have a no tolerance for violence policy(even if off the school property). Meaning people who interfere in the fight themselves also usually get in trouble or the fact that he was guy and they were girls so again another thing that would of made it look bad for him if he interfered. Not to mention the whole stigma of being a rat. Posting it would of made it known with proof instead of just a rumor. Not everybody has the confidence to go against the crowd especially when there is a fight involved.

And that is something that needs to be changed. It is not ratting someone out, but it could be saving someone's life.

"the girls in the video was being cyberbullied." correct me if I'm wrong but should that not be "were being cyberbullied". Sub standard Internet reporting as usual if so.

On the subject I hope he learnt a lesson. Lessons are so hard to teach these days without someone getting sued for something instead of simply taking responsibility.

A lot of the suicides were mainly because the child was simply immature. Not saying that as a negative thing, a child is a child. But these days you have children performing sexual intercourse and exposed to an oversexualised society. We have children performing such acts before the have developed the maturity to make an informed decision.

You let your children get a Facebook and scour the Internet without any restrictions and yes, they will be exposed to these things however with an underdeveloped and immature mind.

You wouldn't let your child into a strip club would you? The Internet in the eyes of parents is a bit more serious than they think. If you're being bullied online, just get off the computer.

• Like 2

"the girls in the video was being cyberbullied." correct me if I'm wrong but should that not be "were being cyberbullied". Sub standard Internet reporting as usual if so.

On the subject I hope he learnt a lesson. Lessons are so hard to teach these days without someone getting sued for something instead of simply taking responsibility.

A lot of the suicides were mainly because the child was simply immature. Not saying that as a negative thing, a child is a child. But these days you have children performing sexual intercourse and exposed to an oversexualised society. We have children performing such acts before the have developed the maturity to make an informed decision.

You let your children get a Facebook and scour the Internet without any restrictions and yes, they will be exposed to these things however with an underdeveloped and immature mind.

You wouldn't let your child into a strip club would you? The Internet in the eyes of parents is a bit more serious than they think. If you're being bullied online, just get off the computer.

It was supposed be one of the girls was being cyberbullied....and, yes, that is why I monitor what my daughter does on the internet.

And that is something that needs to be changed. It is not ratting someone out, but it could be saving someone's life.

It needs to change but that doesn't change the fact the stigma will most likely always be there. There is a reason we have witness protection as adults. Bullying :)

It was supposed be one of the girls was being cyberbullied....and, yes, that is why I monitor what my daughter does on the internet.

Oh my mistake, completely whisked over it

What a dumb kid, but then again kids are meant to be dumb as I was. He probably didn't understand the humiliation of the loser of the fight. If she was bullied, that makes it even worse.

Whats really messed up and ironic though is the mother. Your son humiliated another person publicly and you complain about your son rightfully being punished at school? You'd rather have them arrest him at home? Well I'm sure the two 'fighters' would rather the video not have been put up.

Way to go parenting, by the way.

Edited by Maizer
  • Like 2

What a dumb kid, but then again kids are meant to be dumb as I was. He probably didn't understand the humiliation of the loser of the fight. If she was bullied, that makes it even worse.

Whats really messed up and ironic though is the mother. Your son humiliated another person publicly and you complain about your son rightfully being punished at school? You'd rather have them arrest him at home? Well I'm sure the two 'fighters' would rather the video not have been put up.

Way to go parenting, by the way.

:tu: ?Totally agree!!!!!

She wants to protect her son from bullying like any normal parent would do.

When will people learn that sweeping things under the rug doesn't make things better.

I had a friend who committed suicide from bullying. A year after I changed schools because nobody would protect him from his own problems. Instead of teaching him how to deal with it, I did it for him. He got jumped, I ran up and put a stop to it. I did that for years

When I left, he killed himself.

Just think about that, and how you would feel knowing that what you thought was right(overly protecting my childhood friend)... was the worst thing you can do.

Fact is you cannot protect somebody you care about forever only thing you can do is teach them how to deal with these things properly on their own. I didn't understand that when I was a kid and had to learn it the hard way.

That's what this is being overly protective.

She wants to protect her son from bullying like any normal parent would do.

When will people learn that sweeping things under the rug doesn't make things better.

I had a friend who committed suicide from bullying. A year after I changed schools because nobody would protect him from his own problems. Instead of teaching him how to deal with it, I did it for him. He got jumped, I ran up and put a stop to it. I did that for years

When I left, he killed himself.

Just think about that, and how you would feel knowing that what you thought was right(overly protecting my childhood friend)... was the worst thing you can do.

Fact is you cannot protect somebody you care about forever only thing you can do is teach them how to deal with these things properly on their own. I didn't understand that when I was a kid and had to learn it the hard way.

That's what this is being overly protective.

True enough, it is a fine line between over protecting your children and not doing anything to to help them. We all walk that line, but, with loving parents, most kids know that they will have support if a situation like this arises. And yes, I will admit, I am a momma bear-I will protect my daughter throw thick and thin, but if she does something wrong in school, she has to suck it up and take the consequences.

• Like 1

Of course his mother thinks he went too far, she's his mother. Could you possibly get any more bias than that?

As for me, the police, and pretty much the rest of the world, the kid went too far.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...een-arrest.html

OK, the kid had to know this was unacceptable. The girl was being bullied already and he not only watched the fight, but filmed it and posted it. There have been too many deaths (suicides) in regards to bullting and parents need to take responsibilty and watch what their children are doing. IMO, this kid got taught a lesson and he deserves it.

I know nothing bout this place. But if the chick was being cyberbullied.. Then shes either a Evil person, or being picked on by evil people.. Whoever started the fight needs to get arrested.. What is it with girls getting away with everything?? Why do you think there so p***y all the time.. No one cares what they do. And they think its pathetic.. IDGAF arrest the person who should be arrested.. not the camera boy. Dang..

Patheticism. Should become a political party or religious group. Get Armageddon over with..

I know nothing bout this place. But if the chick was being cyberbullied.. Then shes either a Evil person, or being picked on by evil people.. Whoever started the fight needs to get arrested.. What is it with girls getting away with everything?? Why do you think there so p***y all the time.. No one cares what they do. And they think its pathetic.. IDGAF arrest the person who should be arrested.. not the camera boy. Dang..

There are usually more than one person who contributes to bullying and yes, this guy contributed to the bullying. And with hate towards one sex or the other, that contributes to more hate. ALL people who contribute to bullying should be held responsible and if that means arresting them all, so be it. But, to point the finger at the main girl who is bullying and only at her? You are missing the point. This boy was watching a fight and contributed to the bullied girl's humiliation further, he deserved to be arrested and deserves to be punished.

A boy was arrested for having bad taste..... When that happens to adults.... they get sued... not arrested. A more realistic solution would be too oh say fine the kid and make the kid take a class on behavior? . Honestly if your kid got you in trouble and you had to pay the fine how would you take it? Considering the fact that he is her responsibility until he is an adult and he doesn't know what is socially acceptable yet since he isn't an adult it's her job to do it, her paying the fine makes sense because she isn't raising her kid right so she should have to take some sort of hit. The class for the kid so he actually gets taught something his parents should of. Would most likely send a better message and have a more positive impact in the long run(more attention to parents raising their kids) and avoids making another bullying victim in the process.

• Like 3

A boy was arrested for having bad taste..... When that happens to adults.... they get sued... not arrested. A more realistic solution would be too oh say fine the kid and make the kid take a class on behavior? . Honestly if your kid got you in trouble and you had to pay the fine how would you take it? Considering the fact that he is her responsibility until he is an adult and he doesn't know what is socially acceptable yet since he isn't an adult it's her job to do it, her paying the fine makes sense because she isn't raising her kid right so she should have to take some sort of hit. The class for the kid so he actually gets taught something his parents should of. Would most likely send a better message and have a more positive impact in the long run(more attention to parents raising their kids) and avoids making another bullying victim in the process.

Good point. With some people, they don't get it unless they get hit in the bank account.
  • Like 1

There are usually more than one person who contributes to bullying and yes, this guy contributed to the bullying. And with hate towards one sex or the other, that contributes to more hate. ALL people who contribute to bullying should be held responsible and if that means arresting them all, so be it. But, to point the finger at the main girl who is bullying and only at her? You are missing the point. This boy was watching a fight and contributed to the bullied girl's humiliation further, he deserved to be arrested and deserves to be punished.

I really just think thats excuses for people to feel sorry for them. No ones cares. seriously.. And if they did. It would put them Just as much at fault as the Accussing being made.. Instead of seeing it as a place of contemplation, or a sense of People need to get an idea of whats going on With this person and this situation.. or something more in depth and reasonable and realistic as stated.. Whats going on through your heads is.. how we can make this come out as some kind of sick joke or making fun of... this one chick.. Trying to think of how you can make everything turn out bad for this boy who has done LITERALLY NOTHING Cept Record A fight a post it on youtube...

Think about how many of YOU.. I can sue.. Just from keeping the standpoint that the BOY deserves to be sued over the situation. Think about it. an quit making a full of your face. Try saying something serious and that makes sense for once. Im tired of watching societys PAthetic Feel sorry for us and makeup an order system Bull crap. Its taking us nowhere cept towards Idiocracy.

No one said its ok to record a fight.. Its called Assistance.. In other words, Allowing the fight to happen. therefore putting you in the spot for assistance for 3rd degree battery, on both partys part.. And thats only if Fighting is Illegal... I DONT KNOW the laws at this place.. So I have no right to say anything. Im just saying, Your accusations are pathetic.. Now If I COULD SEE THE VIDEO!! Couldnt more be put in depth.

I know some people would take pride in a fight video, Whether they Won or lost.. Whether they started it or not.. Whether there a b**** or not.. Its a matter of, situation of course, and the person.. An again. With all the different laws around the world. And the different cultures and accusations that could be made... Idk what i coudl honestly say and put out towards the situation.

Once when I was in 8th grade two kids got in a fight after school and one of them literaly got his face beat flat. The next day or three at school it was the topic of all conversation. posting this tripe on the internet in just the 21st century equivilent of that and while tasteless should have no legal or schoolastic consequences. This kid is the victim of over reaction. Someone could have notified his parents and his parents could have told him why it was wrong to post the fight and told him to take it down.

I really just think thats excuses for people to feel sorry for them. No ones cares. seriously.. And if they did. It would put them Just as much at fault as the Accussing being made.. Instead of seeing it as a place of contemplation, or a sense of People need to get an idea of whats going on With this person and this situation.. or something more in depth and reasonable and realistic as stated.. Whats going on through your heads is.. how we can make this come out as some kind of sick joke or making fun of... this one chick.. Trying to think of how you can make everything turn out bad for this boy who has done LITERALLY NOTHING Cept Record A fight a post it on youtube...

Think about how many of YOU.. I can sue.. Just from keeping the standpoint that the BOY deserves to be sued over the situation. Think about it. an quit making a full of your face. Try saying something serious and that makes sense for once. Im tired of watching societys PAthetic Feel sorry for us and makeup an order system Bull crap. Its taking us nowhere cept towards Idiocracy.

No one said its ok to record a fight.. Its called Assistance.. In other words, Allowing the fight to happen. therefore putting you in the spot for assistance for 3rd degree battery, on both partys part.. And thats only if Fighting is Illegal... I DONT KNOW the laws at this place.. So I have no right to say anything. Im just saying, Your accusations are pathetic.. Now If I COULD SEE THE VIDEO!! Couldnt more be put in depth.

I am posting as a mother, not as a young person who is agaisnt the world. If my daughter was being bullied, then damn straight I would be pushing for charges. If I was the mother of this 'boy who did nothing wrong', I would be punishing him myself. Promoting violence is never OK, especially against a person's will. Once you have lived a little more and have experienced more, you will not jump in and make posts that have no rality to them. And if anyone's arguments are pathetic, read yours again.

I would be punishing him myself.

That's right Glory, and that's as far as it should ever have gotten. Handcuffed and put in a polce car??????? Charged with a crime?????? Ridiculous.

I am posting as a mother, not as a young person who is agaisnt the world. If my daughter was being bullied, then damn straight I would be pushing for charges. If I was the mother of this 'boy who did nothing wrong', I would be punishing him myself. Promoting violence is never OK, especially against a person's will. Once you have lived a little more and have experienced more, you will not jump in and make posts that have no rality to them. And if anyone's arguments are pathetic, read yours again.

You are extremely ignorant lady.. You know nothing about me if you think im against the world.. seriously dont critisize me when Iv been clearly stating that its a sense of situation. Your being a Horrible mother. With no sense of righteous action.. Looks like your one of those hormonal Ill do what I want cause I KNOW whats right for my child kinda people who beat there kids. and blame it on the teenagers of today cause all they want is for you to listen and talk to them.. Try reading what im posting before you criitisize my posts.. I mean seriously WOW. If anyone s arguments are pathetic, read yours again??? its like you didnt even read my comments *******. Get a life and a clue.

I bet you had no respect for your elders when they were teaching you how to Listen to people and how to respond to situations.. I bet you were a snotty spoiled brad.. that was extrememly rude of you.. To TWICE put my comments out of context and critisize me.. Extremely off the charts of you to do that... TWICE and not even put into consideration my word order and grammer.. Pathetic.

You are extremely ignorant lady.. You know nothing about me if you think im against the world.. seriously dont critisize me when Iv been clearly stating that its a sense of situation. Your being a Horrible mother. With no sense of righteous action.. Looks like your one of those hormonal Ill do what I want cause I KNOW whats right for my child kinda people who beat there kids. and blame it on the teenagers of today cause all they want is for you to listen and talk to them.. Try reading what im posting before you criitisize my posts.. I mean seriously WOW. If anyone s arguments are pathetic, read yours again??? its like you didnt even read my comments *******. Get a life and a clue.

You started attacking my posts. Think what you want to think. You are nothing to me, so what ever....