Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor

Sakari

I am about done with everything.....

The people in my Country ( some of them ) make me sick, and it just keeps getting worse......

I hope these parents spend thousands on attorneys, and lose, and have to pay ALL legal fees and paperwork.

http://news.yahoo.co...-003646074.html

Edited by Sakari

I don't know ...... if they're doing it to bring about change for the better for all children when at school, well that would be good. Big corporations and businesses so often get away with shoddy practice because they are out of the reach of the law it would seem. I'm not sure exactly what this particular school could have done to prevent that particular tragedy, though .......... unless it's proved that the headteacher did open a door electronically to let the gunman in. In that case the parents may well get somewhere with a lawsuit.

How does one sue a school, or the state, which did nothing wrong?

If anything, the quick response from the first officer likely saved many more lives.

I don't get it.

So, this will go no where, real fast.

Shame, MUCH shame, on that attorney. Must be a WBC member.

• Like 3

If you would actually read the news, it says they are suing because the school failed to protect the 6 year old from "foreseeable danger". An interesting concept in this case to be sure. They are requesting permission to sue because the state is normally immune from this.

Edited by ninjadude

I didn't know there were any survivors, as far as gunshot wounds?

One little girl just pretended to be dead while all her friends around her actually were. The gunman left the room thinking he had killed them all.

If you would actually read the news, it says they are suing because the school failed to protect the 6 year old from "foreseeable danger". An interesting concept in this case to be sure. They are requesting permission to sue because the state is normally immune from this.

I DID read the entire news from 2 different sources, CNN and Fox.

Yes, I also read about the "request for permission due to state immunity"

Failed to protect due to "foreseeable danger" That's ludicrous, at best, given the fact of a madman armed with serious weapons blasting through a locked entry door window.

That potential lawsuit is about as dumb as it gets. Period.

And it WILL go no-where.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4

I didn't know there were any survivors, as far as gunshot wounds?

I don't know if there are any survivors of gunshot wounds. But in the article it says the survivor who is suing was a child that heard the events over the intercom.

But the school's personnel seemed to actually have gone above and beyond when compared to others. They had even recently had a drill for this very scenario. That "traumatizing" intercom message might have saved many lives - just sayin'

I agree....vultures...

• Like 3

The law suit will never be allowed to happen let alone get a day in court. The state is protected from such unless gross neglect is proven. It`s a money grab from a family that wants to profit form an unforseen event or predictable event. It was neither.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 2

The law suit will never be allowed to happen let alone get a day in court. The state is protected from such unless gross neglect is proven. It`s a money grab from a family that wants to profit form an unforseen event or predictable event. It was neither.

That's why they are asking to be allowed to sue.

And it apparently was foreseeable as "and then" pointed out they had drills for this very thing.

??

Are you proposing armed guards in every school in the USA, ninjadude?

I hope this gets thrown out the window. May as well all live in some bubble wrap world.

Suing for an immense amount like this isn't anything more than a money grab and they should be shunned for even asking about it.

At the end of the day, the real causes for problems like these, such as the media, go along their merry way continuing what they do while freedoms get taken away one by one from the law abiding citizens. This world we live in.

The lawsuit was in bad taste. It deserved to be withdrawn.

• Like 2