Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Posting Links

Space Commander Travis

How do you do that thing where you can post just like a phrase underlined and it'll take you direct to it without having to post the whole url?

I know you can theoretically do it by going like Something or other, but it doesn't seem to work, or if it does it doesn't do it all the time. Am I doing something wrong?

* There, see, a case in point. It seems to do it there, but when I tried to do it just now, exactly the same way, it wouldn't.

Edited by 747400
  • Like 1

* Ah, I think I may have worked out what it was. Do you know, it may have been something I was doing wrong. Can you believe that?!

Lol. Only figured that out myself a few weeks ago. Hadn't really bothered with it until then.

In case you're still having trouble with it and also if anyone else is wondering, here's how to do this:

[url=http://www.google.com]Google[/url]

I'm having trouble trying to update "profile feed". When I click on profile it just doesn't open.

Edited by Mistydawn

I'm having trouble trying to update "profile feed". When I click on profile it just doesn't open.

What browser are you using ?

Do you have javascript enabled ?

Also do you receive an error message or any indication that the page has changed ?

Also do you receive an error message or any indication that the page has changed ?

Think I do! ~Am a bit of a boff, but nothing comes up to say otherwise. no other indication that anything has changed...

Often when I give up waiting for it to load, I clik on say "Forums" and briefly the page appears where I can use the profile update...

Don't know what you did, but I think you cured me!!!!

Thank you Mr Saru!!! :tu:

I didn't do anything. :lol:

but, you MUST HAVE!!! suddenly, having spoken to you, magic returns....

• 2 weeks later...

Now this is getting ridiculous. I've just been trying time & time again to get a link to come up like this, like this, in another thread, but it just wouldn't no matter how much I tried to fiddle with it. And now when i do exactly the same thing now, it does do it. This is a Plot or Conspiracy, if you ask me.

Edited by Lord Vetinari

There will always be some little detail you've overlooked if it doesn't work.

Try removing the link and starting again or writing it out on Notepad and copy/pasting it in.