Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teenager arrested for doodling

Simbi Laveau

True,but I doubt it . There's a lot of read between the lines in this one .

Yes and I'll guess consent way before guessing that police invoked the Patriot Act! Seriously? That would be huge news in and of itself.

That's when the patriot act comes in. He becomes a terrorist and the constitution goes out the window.

He'll be on the No Fly List now too.

What happens if you doodle pics of nukes going off, or people being sprayed with anthrax? War crimes tribunal to be called?

And yet... The police seem incapable of arresting that guy that goes through the Red Light 3 seconds after it changes. The truely dangerous people get to walk, while artistic kids get hassled and stigmatized for the rest of their life.

Kid probably will not be able to get into college now, or get a job above minimum wage. Might as well put him on Disability now.

• Like 1

Yes and I'll guess consent way before guessing that police invoked the Patriot Act! Seriously? That would be huge news in and of itself.

The patriot act is used daily over here ,and it doesn't make the news at all.

The fact these cops looked like fools in the end ,shows they didn't want it to get any press ,and it was white washed .

They also didn't release the kids name ,to keep the lawsuits from abounding ,which they probably will anyway .

http://www.straight.com/blogra/data-shows-patriot-act-used-more-often-justify-drug-warrants-not-terrorism-ones

The patriot act was used here too . Did anyone here hear of it ,given how messed up it was...

Nope.

http://www.murthalawfirm.com/mother-3-arrested-pictures-tourist-attraction-airport

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

This is an outrage. Things like this are happening more and more. Those cops need to be fired, jailed for false arrest, then sued. There whole lifes need to be turned upside down, and made an example of. Who the hell do these people think they are?

I wonder if even the Nazis were that draconian. Seriously!

I knew this kid in my US Government class who would sit there and draw guns.

He was a really nice kid, but just very quiet. I'd be the first one done in class and sit there and read Kant, spotting him doodling away.

People always joked that he'd shoot up the school, but I didn't think that was the case just because he doodled guns.

I doodled swords, but did that mean I'd come to school and try to create a massacre with a scimitar?

This case doesn't surprise me, though. Expect more of these policies and anti-gun behavior of this kind.

When I was in high school I used to doodle handguns all the time (and Spider-man and The Avengers and what-not). Of course that was over 40 years ago. I doubt I could get by with that today, at least not in a big city.

When I was in high school I used to doodle handguns all the time (and Spider-man and The Avengers and what-not). Of course that was over 40 years ago. I doubt I could get by with that today, at least not in a big city.

Honestly? Probably. I used to draw guns too. Really far-fetched, exaggerated guns. Similar to what this kid drew.

• Like 1

The fact these cops looked like fools in the end ,shows they didn't want it to get any press ,and it was white washed .

They also didn't release the kids name ,to keep the lawsuits from abounding ,which they probably will anyway .

http://www.straight....-terrorism-ones

The patriot act was used here too . Did anyone here hear of it ,given how messed up it was...

Nope.

http://www.murthalaw...raction-airport

That is an outrage and of course the MSM will never report on that!

• Like 1

Honestly? Probably. I used to draw guns too. Really far-fetched, exaggerated guns. Similar to what this kid drew.

I mostly drew Colt SAA's (somewhat a cowboy/western fan) and Walther P-38 look-alikes (I was a fan of "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." before it got all campy. That really shows my age!).

He'll be on the No Fly List now too.

He won't be able to contest it will he? Otherwise disgusting abuse of human rights right here. I don't know what I'd do if I lost the right to go on a plane. Not that I often do but my future life plans revolve around needing that.

I mostly drew Colt SAA's (somewhat a cowboy/western fan) and Walther P-38 look-alikes (I was a fan of "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." before it got all campy. That really shows my age!).

It was always Tommy Guns for me. I just liked the shape. I'd always add a flamethrower here or there. :P

• Like 1

The real reason this kind of thing happens is that by the time this guy is in his 40's people his age will take it as a matter of course that you draw a picture of a gun and the police break down your door and tear your home apart looking for proof that terrorism is happening here. Who are the real terrorists? The government.

• Like 2

Things as absurd as this will taint this kids future, and some wonder why people just snap. What I don't get is how can police even get a search warrant over a piece of art? isn't art defended under the first amendment?

• Like 1

When I was in high school I had guns, knives, spearguns, and bows and arrows. Why? Because I hunted and fished and spearfished when I was a kid in high school. Does that make me a bad person?

Art

• Like 1

http://www.straight....-terrorism-ones

Nope.

http://www.murthalaw...raction-airport

While unfortunate, I don't see how the Patriot Act was used. As if bad policing and civil liberties violations weren't already rampant before October 2001.

Used daily? No. It's not needed; and that's a hallmark of any piece of bad legislation.

• Like 1

Geez, I still doodle violent things. It's like therapy for me... sitting in a meeting, holding my tongue so that i don't start going off on one of my idiot co-workers, I'll sketch out a she-demon (me) that is raging angry ripping off heads n such.

I guess I better not show anyone my note pad.... :whistle: Might go to jail. :cry:

• Like 1

It was always Tommy Guns for me. I just liked the shape. I'd always add a flamethrower here or there. :P

You know the Army used Tommy Guns in WWII, right? Then they got replaced pretty much by the so-called "grease guns" because they were waaaay cheaper to make. The Tommy Gun was not cheap! I think they sell (or did) a semi-auto version for civilians.

Things as absurd as this will taint this kids future, and some wonder why people just snap. What I don't get is how can police even get a search warrant over a piece of art? isn't art defended under the first amendment?

I guess art if defended, no matter how vile, nasty, and/or sacrilegious it is, unless it's a drawing of a weapon. Heaven (or is it hell?) forbid the peasants should think of defending themselves.

I had a thought too, and I think this has been brought up before, but what if these are "test cases"? That is, the powers that be are seeing how we the people react to obvious infringements on our constitutional rights. If what we have seen so far is any indication, it doesn't look good for we the people...I think discussing it on the internet is a start, but we've got to get back to basics. Sometimes what's happening here in America, especially regarding the blossoming hostility towards religion, especially and perhaps almost exclusively Christianity, reminds me of what transpired during Hitler's early years.

I don't mean to derail this thread, but I thought this was interesting on the subject of political change:

http://stevereports.com/2013/01/kitty-werthmann-and-her-loss-of-freedom-in-austria-this-is-happening-in-the-us/

You know the Army used Tommy Guns in WWII, right? Then they got replaced pretty much by the so-called "grease guns" because they were waaaay cheaper to make. The Tommy Gun was not cheap! I think they sell (or did) a semi-auto version for civilians.

It was widely the M1 Garand and Thompson Machine Gun. ;)

• Like 1

What I find utterly amazing with many of the comments here - you all overlook the fact that it was the SCHOOL that initially got involved and called the cops. So please, don't just bash the cops for being dumbasses, bash the teacher and school officials as well.

Thank you. Good Day.

• Like 1

OK, i can understand a teacher becoming concerned (after recent events)... and i can understand the school principal following up on the teacher's 'concern' ... but, the warrant to search the house seemed a little over the top? .. Ok, justify that if you want to .... but, to arrest the kid? Someone along the chain is working with a diminished mental capacity?

• Like 1

I hope the only punishment he gets is drawn pictures of the school system doing stuff to punish him. Let the punishment fit the crime.

OK, i can understand a teacher becoming concerned (after recent events)... and i can understand the school principal following up on the teacher's 'concern' ... but, the warrant to search the house seemed a little over the top? .. Ok, justify that if you want to .... but, to arrest the kid? Someone along the chain is working with a diminished mental capacity?

Recent events? Yeah, that would fly if it were a student that shot up the school - maybe if this happened right after Columbine, but that's still pushing it. It was a damn drawing for crying out loud. A drawing... if anything, the kid should have been sent to the guidance counselor, and they work from there. The course of action the school took because of a drawing was way over the line.