Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rick dyer tent footage, Dead bigfoot.

danbell06

I think it's interesting how everyone who looks into this guy's story seems to uncover something else to make him look like a liar. Did he not think anyone would check it out after his infamous Squatch in a freezer thing?

This is interesting as well, although not an admission of hoaxing, it sounds like enough to quell any doubts/hopes anyone might have about him:

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/02/listen-to-rick-dyer-admit-to-his-latest.html

• Like 1

Rick Dyer bigfoot claim investigation. Pointed out to me by keninsc

[media=]

[/media]

Did Rick and the Boys leave all that Trash?

I think it's interesting how everyone who looks into this guy's story seems to uncover something else to make him look like a liar. Did he not think anyone would check it out after his infamous Squatch in a freezer thing?

I think he honestly thought that no one would call him on it. He probably thinks that since this new fake is 10% better then his last one that it will push him over the top into Believability. He's counting on the PT Barnum effect,

“I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right.” ― P.T. Barnum
“There's a sucker born every minute.” ― P.T. Barnum
Every crowd has a silver lining. - P. T. Barnum

But luckly......

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
Edited by DieChecker

http://bigfooteviden...nother.html?m=1

Rick dyer claims to have sold out over 20 expeditions at $500 per head. If you were gonna go on an expedition you would do some research before deciding who to go with, wouldn't you? I know I would. This thread is one of the first listings if you type 'Rick Dyer' into google. So either he's lying or people are just too gullible.

I was just listening to him talk on his "radio" program......this old boy sounds like he's just shy or putting a gun in his mouth. Oye!

Nah, those foots are litterbugs.That's how Rick tracked them.

Probably all the pork chop wrappers is what inspired him to use ribs nailed to a tree.

Edited by DieChecker

I think he honestly thought that no one would call him on it. He probably thinks that since this new fake is 10% better then his last one that it will push him over the top into Believability. He's counting on the PT Barnum effect,

I'd be inclined to agree with you based on what this nut case is doing. I've noticed that he's taken to being very vulgar in his statements about anyone who disagrees with him, questions him or, God forbid, checks on him. Check the link to his blog that Danbelle06 posted, seriously this guy is way out in never, never land.

I'd be inclined to agree with you based on what this nut case is doing. I've noticed that he's taken to being very vulgar in his statements about anyone who disagrees with him, questions him or, God forbid, checks on him. Check the link to his blog that Danbelle06 posted, seriously this guy is way out in never, never land.

Anybody ever considered that there was a reason he kinda was the "room mate" of some people with a drug problem (dixit clip posted by QuiteContrary)? Methinks he has been partaking the happy herbs a bit too much or he switched to another harder product.

That guy is so far out into Narnia he's probably having tea with Mr. Tumnus.

• Like 1

I thought it was interesting that the guy interviewed.....sort of.....in the clip I found and QC was kind enough to post up, was said by the guys doing the videoing to be "drunk or on something". However, they remembered Dyer by name when the guy interviewing him said some guy reported he killed a Bigfoot here. One odd thing about stoners, they tend to remember who they either got high with or who helped them get something to get high with, they don't know when they ate last, but they can tell you who got them high......from a while back apparently.

Now, I have no way of knowing if this is the case or not, but if a stoner knows your name.....first and last......six months after you're gone, odds are there's a connection. Judging from the way he was acting on that show of his, I'd hazard a guess that mandatory drug testing isn't part of their normal operating procedure over at Rick's place.

• Like 1

I thought it was interesting that the guy interviewed.....sort of.....in the clip I found and QC was kind enough to post up, was said by the guys doing the videoing to be "drunk or on something". However, they remembered Dyer by name when the guy interviewing him said some guy reported he killed a Bigfoot here. One odd thing about stoners, they tend to remember who they either got high with or who helped them get something to get high with, they don't know when they ate last, but they can tell you who got them high......from a while back apparently.

Now, I have no way of knowing if this is the case or not, but if a stoner knows your name.....first and last......six months after you're gone, odds are there's a connection. Judging from the way he was acting on that show of his, I'd hazard a guess that mandatory drug testing isn't part of their normal operating procedure over at Rick's place.

Okay, Dyer's sold-out "bigfoot" expeditions with a $500 price tag are making more sense now. :whistle:

Hey?! You gotta pay for that Vette some how.

:yes:

Okay, Dyer's sold-out "bigfoot" expeditions with a $500 price tag are making more sense now. :whistle:

Oh dear, it's THAT kind of expedition, is it?

Dyer's posted this statement on his blog:

Rick Dyer is a hoaxer...... Among other things

People call me a hoaxer daily and I love every minute of it. The fact of the matter is I am a hoaxer.. But I am the best hoxer in the world. Everything I do I do big I don't b******* around I do it right. The truth be told I'm still making money off the 2008 hoax.

I'm the best Bigfoot tracker in the world.. After the hoax I got serious and became the best Bigfoot tracker in the world. I can't help people being jealous of me and I'm not going to apologize for making money off Bigfoot.

The Bigfoot community is so minute compared to the grand scheme of things. Everything I do is to agitate people in the Bigfoot community and it works. There are very few people in the Bigfoot community that I respect. The rest I just play games with. Why you ask? It comes down to Rick Dyer laughing at the end. Sense late September I have made almost 10,000 dollars from adsense off people who hate me.

Bigfoot community is a joke and most people in the Bigfoot community are considered a joke. The new Bigfoot community is going to be headed by the most hated man in the old community.

The offer to see the body to Dr. Jeff Meldrum

has been officially pulled. Jeff had a long list of conditions for me to do him a favor. That showed me he could care less about Bigfoot. A 1 percent chance of this being real ANY real Bigfoot person would have jumped at the chance with no demands. I couldn't even get it out of my mouth before Derek Randles said he will be there.

• Like 1

Now, there is someone I'd really like to be friends with.............................. :td:

And the Bigfoot believers will still blindly follow this guy.

• Like 1

And the Bigfoot believers will still blindly follow this guy.

This whole thing only goes to show that people who hold a belief near and dear will over look a lot if they get their belief "fix" fed to them. It's really the same thing with cult mentality, people join into one and give everything over to it in order to fill a void or satisfy some sort of emptiness inside them. You can check and you will find several websites that hold him in very high esteem and they've bought into his BS about how this wasn't his fault or he was duped or mislead.

Fact is he's just a two-bit con man who's dialed into a body of people who are open to him and his BS. Sort of like old L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology, hell he used to talk openly with other writers about how you need to have a religion in order to make the monster bucks and then he openly set out to do that very thing and people still eat it up with a spoon long after his death and lack of a resurrection. Then a couple people wrote books about him after he was fully into the whole establishment of the "cult", how he was a tyrant, used to have a troop of servants around him at all times. I recall reading about how he chain smoked and had a guy do nothing but catch his cigarette ashes, he'd just thump off his ash and it was up to them to catch it. Then he'd often just throw the lit butt at them........and these poor, demented people allowed him to abuse them just to be "near him".

While Dyer will probably never attain that level of worship, he does enjoy a minor cult following, much like a popular regional band might. However, if you listen to his radio......ie, podcast, he's a guy with real issues. If you take all the profanity out of his shows, they'd only be about three minutes long, instead of three hours. And all he does is address his latest lists of people he hates because they first hated him and he can't imagine why they "turned on him".

It's just crazy, but strangely entertaining.

• Like 1

Worst part is he basically admits the entire thing to be BS, just to make a few bucks. What else do people need to see through this guy?

Worst part is he basically admits the entire thing to be BS, just to make a few bucks. What else do people need to see through this guy?

Maybe he's just trying to throw everyone off, while he gets his bigfoot ready for public display?

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

He's not smart enough for this to be some convoluted plan.

How can he be the best bigfoot tracker if he has yet to prove bigfoot exists? Was there a competition that he won? Did he get a trophy or medallion? If he is such a good tracker, why did he have to hunt from a tent with a pork rib nailed to a tree. Bait hunting is the lowest form of hunting.

• Like 2

Maybe he's just trying to throw everyone off, while he gets his bigfoot ready for public display?

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

He's not smart enough for this to be some convoluted plan.

How can he be the best bigfoot tracker if he has yet to prove bigfoot exists? Was there a competition that he won? Did he get a trophy or medallion? If he is such a good tracker, why did he have to hunt from a tent with a pork rib nailed to a tree. Bait hunting is the lowest form of hunting.

Well he certainly isn't the sharpest knife in the kitchen that's for sure.

I used to believe the tent footage was real. I have no shame in admitting this, but now i dont believe bigfoot exists at all.

For the past 3-4 year i have been an internet researcher on bigfoot even though my interest stems from over 10 years ago when i seen the PGF and nothing has changed since then. I read a comment somewhere that is 100% true.

"Bigfoot is make believe for people who never grew up like the tooth fairy is to kids."

That statement is the only thing I now believe to be true where bigfoot is concerned.

Santa does exist though. o_O

• Like 1

I used to believe the tent footage was real. I have no shame in admitting this, but now i dont believe bigfoot exists at all.

For the past 3-4 year i have been an internet researcher on bigfoot even though my interest stems from over 10 years ago when i seen the PGF and nothing has changed since then. I read a comment somewhere that is 100% true.

"Bigfoot is make believe for people who never grew up like the tooth fairy is to kids."

That statement is the only thing I now believe to be true where bigfoot is concerned.

Santa does exist though. o_O

That's the thing with this stuff, a lot of people get fooled, then they become believers based on a lie and once they cross the line into the believer's realm then it's really hard to get them to take another look. As much hiking and camping I've done over the span of my life I've never seen anything I could even possibly attribute to a Bigfoot. Except for that time I encountered a hideous smell while hunting. Obviously, I'm not the last word on Bigfoot and some people do seem to have all the luck, Rick Dyer is pretty much a charlatan in my book unless he has one in a freezer.........oh wait. :unsure2:

Exactly ken. I cant speak for the thousands that have had encounters but the internet side of things is a total joke. Nothing has ever happened that has provided solid proof for the masses of people whom can only experience (for want of a better word) the community online. I'd love to go on an expedition. The fact is.. I can't. Dyer would be my first port of call if i could ever afford to go on one because he is the most trustworthy, honest stand up guy in the field.

The field of bullshoit!!!

Personally, I'd love to go out and look on my own. I've often wished I had the means to go looking for the critter and not have to be encumbered by the need to earn a living,

Since I enjoy hiking and camping anyway it would be cool and if I never saw a Bigfoot or found any tracks it wouldn't be a waste since it's what I enjoy, so both side of the Karma coin will work.