Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My three strangest experiences, part 2.

Seattleite

This is a continuation of a series that started here: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=240079

This is the second event, the one that occured when I was nine years old while on a camping trip. I should note before I start that it's so rediculous that although it's as real as any of my other memories I can't bring myself to believe it without thinking my sanity is slipping. (Seriously, I'd have an easier time believing I saw a dragon than what I saw here.)

I was on a camping trip with my family in summer of 2002, and I remember being almost painfully bored on the way in. I was looking out the window as we pulled onto the road the campsite was on (In the foothills of Rainier, I think.) and I saw a girl out in the water a couple hundred metres downriver from the camp. She was about my age, maybe a little younger, had deep red hair and lightly tanned skin. She was sitting facing away from the road and the lower half of her body was underwater, but I could see she wasn't wearing a stitch of clothing. This, of course, made me very excited to be getting out of the car. While we were unpacking, I saw her again, this time just a brief glimpse of her getting out of the water. I couldn't see anything through the bushes but her head, chest and one arm, but she was beautiful. I rushed through the rest of the setup, hoping to get out to her before she left or my family noticed her. (If they noticed a naked girl out in the river, I wouldn't be able to go see her.) I left as fast as I could without looking like I was hurrying, and went out to her.

She went downriver when I started to get close, and I couldn't help but notice something was off with how she shifted from sitting to swimming. Seeing what looked to be a red snake in the water freaked me out even more, especially since it looked like it was trying to eat her. I followed her far enough to lose track of the camp before she noticed me and stopped. She went to the bank and got out when I reached her, and introduced herself. For the life of me, I can't remember her name. Probably because I had just looked at her waistline and noticed she had the lower body of a snake. I tried to ask about it, but her face turned bright red, she deflected the question and started trying to change the conversation. I persisted, but she found a good excuse not to answer my question without her evasiveness bothering me. (All the biting during excuse #2 did bother me, though. Why did girls bite me so much when I was little?)

We got tired after a while, so we took a quick nap together, and after an hour or so we went out swimming. We'd started roughhousing in the water and at this point my memory starts to get fuzzy. The play ended when she pulled me under and did... something. I don't remember what. Right from the moment I became aware again I noticed not only her biting me some more (Seriously, do girls think biting is sexy or something?) but that I was not in the same area anymore. (I later learned we were over two kilometres downstream from where we'd been.) It was a fair bit later (almost half an hour) I was very tired, felt oddly warm considering I was still wet and lying in the shade, and her face was now bright red. Soon she pulled back up next to me and finally started answering my questions. I fell asleep halfway into her explanation, but I got a bit about her.

I woke up about an hour later to find her getting back off me. (She'd been laying halfway on me, with her tail over my leg.) My entire left leg was numb from her weight. We stayed there for a while, and she talked some more about herself and her people. A few minutes of listening to her talk and we had to part. I quickly realised I had left my clothing at the river before we went swimming, and that I didn't know where we were. I followed the stream up until I found the campsite again, then snuck into my tent and got dressed. I had a very hard time making up a believable lie as to where I had been for the last several hours, finally I decided on "got far into a train of thought and lost track of time" rather than "got far into a naga girl and lost track of time."

The next day I went out and found my clothes on the bank of the river, folded up neatly. (I think she found them all sprawled out and set them aside for me.) I didn't see her out that day, probably because it was saturday and her parents were probably at her house. I saw her later, after I had already eaten dinner, and I watched her eat two fish and a squirrel. She said she didn't have time to play, but after I kissed her she changed her mind. Still, we didn't hang out long before she went home. She gave me a quick visit early sunday morning (about 4:00) and we woke me up. (I didn't mind, she was nice.) She then introduced me to her sister, who was an adorable little naga with blonde hair, yellow scales, a tan underbelly and yellow eyes. (And still not a stitch of clothing.) She was about three years old, (assuming they age like we do) very cuddly and quite tired. The girls left, and didn't come back until almost 2:00 that afternoon.

When I saw them again, the girls were clothed. (Which was new.) She was wearing a coat and her little sister a dress, both of which appeared to just be normal, store-bought children's clothing. They told me they'd just gotten back from a trip to the house of two friends of their parents. These two were a doctor and a vet, and apparently they visited them every two weeks for checkups and examination. The couple also had two babies (twins, I would imagine) for the tiny one to play with. We went swimming and played for an hour or two, then I heard my name being called and had to get dressed and go back to camp. My family was packing up, and after we were done I snuck off to go say goodbye. The girls were gone, but their clothes were still there. I had to leave before I could investigate and I didn't go back until 2007. (Around the time of incident #3, and they are related. But that is not incident #3.)

Information I could gather on her and her kind in this encounter: (Assuming she was real. It's likely she wasn't.)

1. Definitely not natural and recent to come into existance. There are no adults as far as I know, and no myths or legends on her kind that I could find. The term "naga" comes from hindu mythology, but that's an awful long ways removed from the modern naga, which she most closely resembled.
  2. Sexually reproducing, internally fertilizing. Judging by the shape and direction of her vagina, a naga's reproductive tract is further up and deeper into its body than a human's.
  3. Nagas are omnivorous. She said her parents bring her food, and we talked for a solid ten minutes about that. She has a preference for meat, but she does eat fruit, vegetables and sweets. She (oddly) likes meat much more than sweets, and actually eats animals she can catch in the area.
  4. Nagas crush their prey before swallowing. She has fangs, with holes in them that can only be to deposit venom, but she bit me a lot and unless she was injecting aphrodisiac I showed no symptoms.
  5. Her digestive tract was in her tail, if her gestures during the conversation on food was any indication. I believe her reproductive tract is in her abdominal cavity.
  6. Nagas do not eat people. (Although I suspect they can.) She was quite offended when I asked, but she admitted she liked the taste. It made sense in context.
  7. Nagas are very strong swimmers and fairly mobile on land for the most part, but they lack an equivalent to running when on land.
  8. According to her, naga children love human children. Since all the nagas she knows are children, this might just mean nagas love humans in general and the exclusive nature of her statement was because children get along best with other children.
  9. Nagas, despite being warm blooded, have a thing for heat sources. (She must have called me "warm" a dozen times.) This might be why they like humans so much and why she's so huggy.
  10. Unusual colouration that seems impractical in the wild. Her scales were a dark red on the back and orange on the front, her hair was red as well and her eyes were purple.
  11. She has a little sister. She didn't say how old, but she used the term "baby" to refer to her. She also knows two boys and a girl in the area that are not related to her. She lives in house nearby, but her parents (who are human, and thus cannot be related biologically) live in "the city" and work as highschool teachers. Said parents come see them on weekends, restocking the house and homeschooling them there. They have internet access, and do most of their lessons through their computers. She has two human siblings, a boy and a girl, both older than her. Her friends almost live at her house, but when her parents are there her friends can't stay. They all sleep on one matress.
  12. Nagas breastfeed. Or at least her sister does and she did when she was a baby. She was just budding when I was there, so I have no facts about naga boobs. However, their babies must require more milk to power their larger frame and this should mean larger breasts.

Now theories on the event, in in descending order of credibility:

1. The girls were actually human and my mind scrambled it after whatever happened in the river. This makes a lot of sense, except for lack of errors, inconsistencies and missing pieces before we got into the water, and how much of this happened after the bit in the water. It's possible the time spent in the water did something to my memory of the event that allowed my dreams the rest of the weekend to change things convincingly. However, a lot of her background doesn't make sense if she's human.
  2. The whole thing never happened. Maybe I had a long fantasy at the edge of the river, went skinny dipping, half-drowned and it got sorted wrong in my brain. But if this was true, why does it feel like a real memory? You'd think there'd be errors and missing pieces. How would I get so far from the river and onto my back on my own if I had half-drowned in the water? Why would my clothes have been folded so nicely if nobody did that for me? This explanation feels all sorts of wrong.
  3. Somebody with the power to do so set that up. I've had alien encounters, but nothing so intimate as a conversation, let alone enough for them to do something this nice for me. I can't think of any other party that could have done that.
  4. It really happened as I thought, there's nothing bigger going on here and I'm totally not insane.
  5. Haruhi syndrome? Yeah, I don't think so either.

• Like 1

My guess is that you *did* encounter some river cryptids that were female which were maybe new to human company. The rest I suspect is down to your preconceived idea of "nagas".

P.S. I have spoken to a middle aged woman whilst crossing over to Vancouver Island on holiday. She insisted that she'd seen a "mermaid" eating a salmon on a rock, which she saw from the ferry she'd used for the last 14 years. She said she knew because of the intense stare she got from the female entity jealously devouring her fish. I said that I'd heard of similar incidents in the UK, but which are mysterioulsy attributed to 'master otters' by Dr Shuker.

My guess is that you *did* encounter some river cryptids that were female which were maybe new to human company. The rest I suspect is down to your preconceived idea of "nagas".

What else do you call a cryptid with the upper body of a human and the lower body of a snake?

P.S. I have spoken to a middle aged woman whilst crossing over to Vancouver Island on holiday. She insisted that she'd seen a "mermaid" eating a salmon on a rock, which she saw from the ferry she'd used for the last 14 years. She said she knew because of the intense stare she got from the female entity jealously devouring her fish. I said that I'd heard of similar incidents in the UK, but which are mysterioulsy attributed to 'master otters' by Dr Shuker.

Alright, I can tell you she's not a mermaid. No fin on her tail, and the tail wasn't the right shape anyway. But it might be the same creature anyway. The woman might have seen her from far enough not to make out detail on her tail, and mermaids are much more famous. I'm still not convinced these creatures are natural, though. And there being no adults in a significant area only reinforces that idea.

I got a very good look at her over the course of several hours on several days. I was very, very close to her during these times. So close I think the site rules (2a and 3g) might prevent me from providing detailed information on exactly how close I was. (I'm not sure they do, but I'm just being safe here.)

Have you been back there since? If not, perhaps try to visit one day and see if you can find them again.

Have you been back there since? If not, perhaps try to visit one day and see if you can find them again.

Yep. 2007, I went back there. I talked to some people there, and a few of the other kids met the local cryptids. Apparently, they flee into the river if adults show up, but kids can play with them just fine. Most kids are not unsupervised long enough to play with a cryptid, though, and the adults told didn't believe them.

Also, the local cryptids have made a few dogs "disappear" and one boy who nearly drowned in the river said a "river girl" swallowed him and spat him out on land. Several kids told stories about doing sexual things with them. And all of the ones I heard about lost clothes when playing with them.

So the area still had its small population of friendly, juvenile river cryptids. I saw the little sister again, but not the first girl. She freaked out when I hugged her, and needed me to jog her memory because she didn't know who I was. After that I cuddled her and asked her a lot of questions. Like her sister, she dodged the lot of them. (Thankfully, she did this by cuddling closer and falling asleep, instead of using her sister's method.) Unlike her sister, she never got around to telling me because I only held her for half an hour before I had to go, and that was my last day there.

I haven't been in the area since.

Edited by Seattleite

Great story.

Sincere or sarcastic? I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks, I guess. It's a true story, so it's not like I wrote it. Even so, I had to censor the crap out of it to put it on the site.

Edited by Seattleite

A few facts I forgot to add to my list:

1. She had a navel, which means their reproduction must be viviparous, as opposed to the ovoviviparous reproduction of actual snakes. This is further evidenced by her having mammalian genitalia, with the external genitalia being humanoid. I have never seen a male, so I don't know about them, but it's likely the same applies.
  2. Her swimming appeared to use her tail as her primary method of propulsion and her arms mostly for guidance, but I would imagine that she could swim slowly with just her arms and steer to a certain degree with just her tail.
  3. Her fondness of humans might be because of her being raised by humans. If there are others beyond those at the river, this might not be the case.
  4. My interpretation of the boy who said one of these girls "ate" him and "got him out and by the river" [sic] might have been overly literal. There's no real evidence that they are capable of swallowing things as large as humans, and his statement was rather ambiguous. They have been reported swallowing dogs, but dogs come in a lot of sizes and the ones shown were all relatively small breeds, such as terriers. The biggest thing I have actually seen one of them swallow was a trout.
  5. Constriction is not an effective hunting method at this scale, and neither is venom. They may work better in tandem, but it's likely that other factors are in play. It's likely that striking and grappling are used to wound a target, allowing them to be coiled efficiently. Bites are only effective in ambushes and against grappled targets, because at this scale poison takes too long to be useful in most combat and bites are difficult and risky to land in combat. It's likely that they hunt by grappling to place bites, beating targets into submission and then constricting. (The hunting I saw was only against a squirrel, and she just broke its neck with her hands.)
  6. Their babies do not have an equivalent to "toddling." They move just fine from birth. I'm taking the little one's word for this, but she moved pretty gracefully by my standards and I believe her.

Edited by Seattleite

You say these creatures only come out for children but are happy to play with the children. Has it not occurred to anyone to arm these kids with a camera and take some happy snaps? In fact cameras can be so small now you could put one on a necklace around a child's neck.

The point I am making is that this would be so completely life changing an event that I cannot fathom why you would not have gone to great lengths already to prove their existence and the reality of your experience further than just anecdotally noting what the local lore is and that "some children" have reported experiences.

Also, the fact that there were human parents and that these creatures were being regularly checked by a vetinarian should be verifiable - did you not ask where the house was? You should be able to narrow down the list of possible homes in such an area even if she only pointed in the general direction. Given you know there are two human "siblings" you should then be able to ascertain which homes have owners that fit that category and then those who are absentee owners that regularly spend weekends there. A serious investigator with a vested interested in knowing the truth would try quite alot I think to verify their position.

There is alot said here and no discussion on seeking real evidence to support your story.

• Like 2

You say these creatures only come out for children but are happy to play with the children. Has it not occurred to anyone to arm these kids with a camera and take some happy snaps? In fact cameras can be so small now you could put one on a necklace around a child's neck.

The point I am making is that this would be so completely life changing an event that I cannot fathom why you would not have gone to great lengths already to prove their existence and the reality of your experience further than just anecdotally noting what the local lore is and that "some children" have reported experiences.

Also, the fact that there were human parents and that these creatures were being regularly checked by a vetinarian should be verifiable - did you not ask where the house was? You should be able to narrow down the list of possible homes in such an area even if she only pointed in the general direction. Given you know there are two human "siblings" you should then be able to ascertain which homes have owners that fit that category and then those who are absentee owners that regularly spend weekends there. A serious investigator with a vested interested in knowing the truth would try quite alot I think to verify their position.

There is alot said here and no discussion on seeking real evidence to support your story.

When I was nine, I didn't care about proving it. When I was fourteen, I didn't want to prove it. (I was savagely paranoid during my early teenage years.) I am now 20, and I don't even know exactly where the campsite is. (There are a lot of campsites and a lot of rivers around Mt. Rainier.) I'll see if I can find out what campsite it was, and I'll try and head down there once I have the means to do so. (I'm an unemployed college student, that might be a while.) Then I'll see about camping trips to that location and I'll make sure to check out the local homes. If I can find them, I will.

I will not, however, take permission without their consent.

When I was nine, I didn't care about proving it. When I was fourteen, I didn't want to prove it. (I was savagely paranoid during my early teenage years.) I am now 20, and I don't even know exactly where the campsite is. (There are a lot of campsites and a lot of rivers around Mt. Rainier.) I'll see if I can find out what campsite it was, and I'll try and head down there once I have the means to do so. (I'm an unemployed college student, that might be a while.) Then I'll see about camping trips to that location and I'll make sure to check out the local homes. If I can find them, I will.

I look forward to your findings when you get a chance :tu:

I look forward to your findings when you get a chance :tu:

Fair warning, I might not be able to post pictures here if I get them. The girls were nude almost all the time I was there, and if that is still the same I don't think this site would even let me link to them.

Hi Seattleite, do you mind if I ask you a question in relation to the following:

When I was nine, I didn't care about proving it. When I was fourteen, I didn't want to prove it. (I was savagely paranoid during my early teenage years.)

Some of the things you have said in your post were quite unbelievable, so I was just wondering what kind of things were going on that would make you not want to prove it as a teenager? To be "savagely paranoid" requires some pretty big things. Did you move around a lot or maybe spend several years overseas in strange places? Some people who move to lots of different places can sometimes decide that it's easier to stop making friends, which can sometimes also have the effect of causing mistrust and the paranoia which you refer to.

I'm not expecting detailed blow-by-blow answers for everything that led to it, just a general idea might help. Thanks for your time in replying :tu:

~ Regards, PA

*Pictures. I meant pictures. I will not take pictures without their consent.

Edited by Seattleite

Some of the things you have said in your post were quite unbelievable, so I was just wondering what kind of things were going on that would make you not want to prove it as a teenager? To be "savagely paranoid" requires some pretty big things. Did you move around a lot or maybe spend several years overseas in strange places? Some people who move to lots of different places can sometimes decide that it's easier to stop making friends, which can sometimes also have the effect of causing mistrust and the paranoia which you refer to.

I thought I'd let you guys know I did answer this question, but I did so through PM because I wished to keep a lot of it private.

• 3 months later...

Original thread may be found here.

Since I last posted, I've gotten information on the area south of Rainier. Turns out that "the foothills" of an enormous stratovolcano covers an awfully large area. I know it's not Cougar Rock, the campground is too large, too far from the river and at least from the look of it on Google Maps doesn't have the right layout. There are a lot of rivers, and it could be any one of them. I did talk to a few people from the area, though, and a lot of people claim to have been camping in the area and seen these cryptids. There are adults now, and one of the people I talked to mentioned having "relations" with one of them, a beautiful redhead of ~20 with a slight tan. He also mentioned that she had a little sister, who was a blonde of ~14 and who made a lot of advances on him that he refused. That sounds a lot like the girls I met when I was there.

The others I talked to were his wife, who says she believes him *only* because he has nothing to gain by lying to her and a lot to lose. They had two kids, and those kids confirmed their dad's sighting. They were there when he started talking to her, but he sent them away because she was naked and he didn't want them looking at her. However, they didn't know she was half snake until he told them. She hadn't left the water yet. The younger child (a girl of ~8 years) did say she talked to one later on, a girl with black hair and scales about her age. Her story about their encounter was disturbing and squicky, (to me, at least) so I will not recount it. I believe her, of course, because mine was similar and a lot of it was stuff I wouldn't expect her to know about yet. Also, her brother shut her up quickly when she started talking. I asked him if he had a similar story, and he said yes. After that, he refused to say another word on the matter. He went to inform his parents, they came back and apologized to me for having to hear the story and asked that I please not tell anyone. (Hey, I'm not giving names. Close enough.)

I didn't get any further information, but I do remember the cryptid girl I spent time with talking about the others in her area, and she talked about a boy with black scales a lot. It's possible the black-scaled baby is their child. Further, while I was talking to them they said they shared this info and got responses about it with others who had been there. Some people laughed at them, others just dismissed them and ended the conversations, some zealously embraced their stories, but some others shared similar stories. Apparently, most of the sightings are southwest of Rainier, along the rivers there. The sightings are still uncommon and the internet is still drawing a blank, but there are people here who know about this and it's only a matter of time before somebody looks into it, or at the very least it hits the internet. (From more people than just me, that is.)

That's all the new info I've got.

Edited by Seattleite

I really think this is just story writing.

I really think this is just story writing.

It really isn't. I would have nothing to gain making this up, and if I was going to lie I'd pick something more believable than this.

Edited by Seattleite

He didn't get a photo as well ah? Come on , where are the O.D.D.'s at?

He didn't get a photo as well ah? Come on , where are the O.D.D.'s at?

Actually, for all I know he did. I didn't ask.

It really isn't. I would have nothing to gain making this up, and if I was going to lie I'd pick something more believable than this.

Lol I agree that you would have picked something more believable. I don't know, I have a feeling you are trolling. Your stories are well written but you have to admit the claims are quite fantastic, although maybe this topic should be sitting in the same place as bigfoot or nessie :) Either way, you never know you may find an answer. :alien:

Edited by Murk
  • Like 1

Lol I agree that you would have picked something more believable. I don't know, I have a feeling you are trolling. Your stories are well written but you have to admit the claims are quite fantastic, although maybe this topic should be sitting in the same place as bigfoot or nessie :) Either way, you never know you may find an answer. :alien:

It's an oddball story. Doesn't make it false. And I had to censor it really, really bad. Maybe it would be more believable uncensored, maybe not.

• 7 months later...

Your stories are so very detailed and well written. It would be nice to believe but its a little like that thread posted on here with the user able to gather info about future events through a computer- so well written so incredibly detailed so mind boggling. Also, you were quite forward for a young innocent boy weren't you?

Your stories are so very detailed and well written. It would be nice to believe but its a little like that thread posted on here with the user able to gather info about future events through a computer- so well written so incredibly detailed so mind boggling.

I don't believe I am familiar with the thread in question.

Also, you were quite forward for a young innocent boy weren't you?

Well, yeah. That I was. Although "innocent" might be the wrong word. What tipped you off? I thought all that stuff was edited out of the story.

Edited by Seattleite

I wouldnt dream of running off to some boy i seen off in the distance no matter how gorgeous he was! Also at such a young age (how old were you again?) would romance be on your mind?