Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple saved by a chicken

Simbi Laveau

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/30/wisconsin-couple-says-pet-chicken-saved-them-from-fire/

A Wisconsin couple was awakened to a fire,by their rescued chicken ,Cluck Cluck .

Cluck Cluck had been given to them by a neighbor,because she didn't produce eggs,and had a,deformed leg .

The neighbor said to kill her actually .

They took pity on her,and kept her as a pet .

Her clucking woke them up,from two floors away . None of the smoke alarms had gone off .

Cluck Cluck did indeed ,save the day !

• Like 5

I use to have a pet chicken, seriously. My family had about 100 of them but this one only had one eye and the rest of the chickens didn't want anything to do with him and they would pick on him. I would defend him and he got to where he was really a pet. I would call his name and he would come running and if I was sitting he would jump upon my leg. I don't think chickens are as stupid as people think, just don't expect to house break one. :lol:

• Like 3

Good job, Cluck Cluck.

• Like 1

Uhm, sorry, i have to go. Need to buy a couple of chickens!

Edited by CuriousGreek
  • Like 1

An act of mercy comes back to bless... cool story.

• Like 1

chickens make for great pets.... and alarms!.. go chicken. I can't wait till spring. I will be adding at least 6 more hens to my flock...2 golden comets, 2 rhode island whites, and 2 marans.. never know i may end up with a bunch of unwanted easter chicks.. which is fine by me

• Like 2

An act of mercy comes back to bless... cool story.

I hear this so often ,all kinds of animals .Cats,dogs,bunnies,all rescues ,somehow save the person that rescued them. Animals know .

I hear this so often ,all kinds of animals .Cats,dogs,bunnies,all rescues ,somehow save the person that rescued them. Animals know .

Yeah they probably know their guaranteed meal ticket is about to go bye bye if they don't step in :whistle: .

Seriously, animals bond to their various little families and packs, when we make them pet we are their territory/family/pack and they will defend that if they can. Good chicken, glad they didn't make schnitzel out of it. Sorry couldn't resist.

• Like 1

Yeah they probably know their guaranteed meal ticket is about to go bye bye if they don't step in :whistle: .

Seriously, animals bond to their various little families and packs, when we make them pet we are their territory/family/pack and they will defend that if they can. Good chicken, glad they didn't make schnitzel out of it. Sorry couldn't resist.

I have one cat,that will attack the other cats,if they give me lip somehow . She goes nuts .

She from Egypt . First time it happened ,I spoke to the Egyptian Mau USA liaison .

she said they consider us pack . Maus are the most loyal cats out there she told me .

They are a bit different ,I must say .

What a heroic chicken!