Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Empath?

KW_Windy

Okay hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place but im kind of confused here. I'm not sure when it started, but as I have begun to mature and grow up I'm becoming more and more sensitive to emotions. Not even that I feel bad for people, but I understand what they feel. Sometimes I feel it also, sometimes I don't. Movies and books are the worst. My sixteenth birthday party was the other day and I was miserable the entire time because of a movie I had watched where the main character was distressed. I also read a book about a love story and i swear for the next four to five days after i had finished the book i was like in love, but idk who i was in love with i just felt it i don't know. And i know empaths usually feel what other people are feeling but i don't do that, i just understand them really well so am i developing into an empathy or something else?

And i was just thinking about this but at the most random times i have just felt awful. I can't even describe it but i hate me, i "tell" myself im going to amount to nothing, my parents know im going to amount to nothing, and i basically don't have any friends. Its awful. one of the first times i experienced it i was on a four hour bus ride to a softball game for the high school and it was the most miserable thing of my life. Throughout the rest of the night it was just awful, next morning its almost like i had aftershock or something-i kinda felt bad, but sleep helped i guess. At first i though it had been because of something that happened a little while before that where i had lost a very close friend but the other day i felt it again and i had to sleep just to get over it. I couldn't help myself i just wanted to die. Someone please shed some light on this please!

Edited by kwaldrop22

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John from Lowell

• KW_Windy

• Purplos

• Ashotep

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy New Year!!

Okay hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place but im kind of confused here. I'm not sure when it started, but as I have begun to mature and grow up I'm becoming more and more sensitive to emotions. Not even that I feel bad for people, but I understand what they feel. Sometimes I feel it also, sometimes I don't. Movies and books are the worst. My sixteenth birthday party was the other day and I was miserable the entire time because of a movie I had watched where the main character was distressed. I also read a book about a love story and i swear for the next four to five days after i had finished the book i was like in love, but idk who i was in love with i just felt it i don't know. And i know empaths usually feel what other people are feeling but i don't do that, i just understand them really well so am i developing into an empathy or something else?

This is a very good question.

Once you can recognise telepathy as a "shared experience" then some of your experiences will be easier to understand. Even reading a book where the characters are fictional is enough for that to take place. You may be "extremely telepathic".

And i was just thinking about this but at the most random times i have just felt awful. I can't even describe it but i hate me, i "tell" myself im going to amount to nothing, my parents know im going to amount to nothing, and i basically don't have any friends. Its awful. one of the first times i experienced it i was on a four hour bus ride to a softball game for the high school and it was the most miserable thing of my life. Throughout the rest of the night it was just awful, next morning its almost like i had aftershock or something-i kinda felt bad, but sleep helped i guess. At first i though it had been because of something that happened a little while before that where i had lost a very close friend but the other day i felt it again and i had to sleep just to get over it. I couldn't help myself i just wanted to die. Someone please shed some light on this please!

There are some excellent books on the power of the mind and how a person can overcome the "unconscious programming" which is present in our culture and every family. The one that I liked the most is this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Do-You-QuantumThink-Thinking-World/dp/159079074X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304615994&sr=8-1

"Do you Quantum Think" by Dianne Collins brings science and forgotten spiritual wisdom into a context of understanding with guidelines for application. So what you find yourself telling yourself is frequently not at all what you can appreciate about yourself.

I suspect that good meditation involving reflective imaginary conversations with your inner wisdom would help you quite a bit.

John

So John about the telepathy, are you saying that I just know what other people are thinking or feeling? Or im just really receptive to feelings?

So John about the telepathy, are you saying that I just know what other people are thinking or feeling? Or im just really receptive to feelings?

When you share an experience with another person, even the writer of a book, you can better understand their thoughts and feelings to a point where you relate to them quite well. That is also being receptive to those thoughts and feelings as in the sense of awareness more so than emotional entanglement.

The empathic person is energetically entangled. The telepathic person is energetically aware. These are slight distinctions which are hard to identify.

I hope that my views on this will be helpful.

John

So a telepathic person will just know what the other person is feeling while an empathic person will get emotionally involved and start feeling it also?

Edited by kwaldrop22

So a telepathic person will just know what the other person is feeling while an empathic person will get emotionally involved and start feeling it also?

Yes that is a good way to describe it.

As I followed the description of your experiences I sensed that you were more aware than emotionally involved. Even your comments about being in love for a few days was more of an awareness about love than the emotional attachment. That was my observation.

I always encourage self discovery and personal truth as it relates to reality perspectives. We are all unique. Yet we are all conditioned to follow consensus thinking of some kind. There seems to be little tolerance in our culture for authentic points of view. True we do need to be kind and respectful about the views of others while we evolve our truth. Evolve is the key word. In my view, we all have a lot to learn about a great many things.

Have a nice day.

John

Last question, promise, so is this something someone is born with or eventually develops?

I think you are born with it. There are times if someone is hurt I can feel their pain and in the same place they are having it. Sometimes I wonder if its my nerves reacting to what I have seen or heard. I have learned to kind of shut it off, I have to keep the thought of the pain out of my mind. I also pick up on what people are thinking sometimes but that don't bother me like feeling someones pain.

i just understand them really well so am i developing into an empathy or something else?

People are supposed to understand others emotions and feelings. This is what makes nice, considerate people. It's empathy, yah, but not "being an empath" as some mystical, paranormal thing.

I find it really sad that being in touch with how other people feel has been relegated to the bounds of 'magic.'

Last question, promise, so is this something someone is born with or eventually develops?

You are born with a high potential to develop and put to use this skill. Practice is what evolves any skill.

I would encourage that you to consider telepathy sessions for this. You can PM me about that if you are interested.

John

Edited by John from Lowell

Putting aside the empathic/telepathic issue, what concerns me is how you hold yourself, which seems to be very negatively. think about changing the story you tell yourself, because the truth is, you can do almost anything you want, if you get beyond your self-fulfilling prophecy of failure. It sounds like you do have some gifts, but until you change your perspective about yourself, you'll never be able to fully utilize or control them beneficially . If you insist on being a failure, then that's what you'll be. If you insist on being successful, that's what you'll be. This is a new year, it's time for you to create and hold on to a vision of living a successful life.