Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO filmed from airline during US flight

Nobody ever listens to Logic any more,Its the Overhead Light reflecting !

Mate, I gotta admit, the cross hairs are real hard to toss aside. There has to be a way to do it. I am going to try this at home tonight. I noticed the reflection of some downlights ion a window a few weeks ago, it would have made an awesome UFO pic.

Shoulda taken a piccy and popped it in the TT thread. :D

Mate, I gotta admit, the cross hairs are real hard to toss aside. There has to be a way to do it. I am going to try this at home tonight. I noticed the reflection of some downlights ion a window a few weeks ago, it would have made an awesome UFO pic.

Shoulda taken a piccy and popped it in the TT thread. :D

I wonder if the fact that those windows are double paned could change the angle of reflection? Possibly reflecting off of the exterior pane and being refracted twice? I don't know.

• Like 1

I wonder if the fact that those windows are double paned could change the angle of reflection? Possibly reflecting off of the exterior pane and being refracted twice? I don't know.

Going by the illustrations provided, it would be a double throw, surely the reflection must distort in some fashion when it hits two reflective surfaces parallel to each other? But you might need to be outside the plane for that to be noticed. Hrmzzz, food for thought/.....

• Like 1

The light angle argument is deceiving. The windows are multi layered plus the outer layers are concave, which would make the light reflect from another angle, not straight on.

Similar to this, except a normal pane of glass instead of the electrochromic in the centre:

air_diagram_1.jpg

The light angle argument is deceiving. The windows are multi layered plus the outer layers are concave, which would make the light reflect from another angle, not straight on.

Similar to this, except a normal pane of glass instead of the electrochromic in the centre:

air_diagram_1.jpg

Are they concave or only curved? A contact lens or a half-pipe for example?

Are they concave or only curved? A contact lens or a half-pipe for example?

Both, concave is curved.

igt5_concaveconvex.gif

• Like 1

Both, concave is curved.

igt5_concaveconvex.gif

Right. But it can't be a half-pipe shape (curved but straight horizontally) and a contact lens (bowl) shape at the same time, it has to be one or the other. The only reason I'm asking is because there is a distinct difference between the reflective properties of either shape.

Right. But it can't be a half-pipe shape (curved but straight horizontally) and a contact lens (bowl) shape at the same time, it has to be one or the other. The only reason I'm asking is because there is a distinct difference between the reflective properties of either shape.

I would say by looking at the diagram that it's more of a contact lens shape. Which would still throw off the reflective angle a bit.

DKO is pretty much on the spot,THe reflection is from the rear of the position the camera operator is in the window seat starboard side 3/4 the way back on the plane. the hand is held up in the front portion of the window. the light soarce and reflection is coming from the rear ! Just my opinion !

Grreat Nat-Geo clip psyche101 I watched all of it ! :tu:

• Like 2

Hey S2F,

You could get a double reflection, but you don't see that so it's another reason to discount it being a reflection. But honestly he proved it was not by using the reflection of his hand.

Not if the reflection was coming from behind him. If the glass is concave, it will reflect the light from behind without him blocking it with his hand.

Also, if it's double paned glass it will blot out all the other lights around the stadium... :whistle:

Ye` of little investagation ! The angle of the dangle is from the rear of the plane.the camera opperator only holds his hand to the front of the plane.when he finally puts it to the rear and finger Its gose away! JMO

Not if the reflection was coming from behind him. If the glass is concave, it will reflect the light from behind without him blocking it with his hand.

Also, if it's double paned glass it will blot out all the other lights around the stadium... :whistle:

How many times does it have to be pointed out that it could not be a reflection from behind? And no its not really concave, part of the window may have some curving to match the body of the aircraft but that isn't going to be much more than what you see on a typical automobile window.

Someone please perform this damn experiment again for goodness sakes!!!

I still think that if it was a Real Craft, that since it was Forward of the cockpit, that the pilots would have seen it.... if it was real. (plus, the guy is a known hack)

Yes, that seems to be the problem, most UFO crafts are just that - unidentifiable. They do not have to be alien at all. And it is somewhat strange, that in this day and age of high definition cameras and mobile phone cameras, there is no real and sharp picture of an alien craft, let alone an alien anywhere. And just because some wish it to be so, does not make it a reality.

Key word there Die Ck ! " Known Hack !" :tu:

Whether the guy is a "hack" or not, that is not a reflection D.

Yes, that seems to be the problem, most UFO crafts are just that - unidentifiable. They do not have to be alien at all. And it is somewhat strange, that in this day and age of high definition cameras and mobile phone cameras, there is no real and sharp picture of an alien craft, let alone an alien anywhere. And just because some wish it to be so, does not make it a reality.

Phone cameras are pretty much crapp. More people than ever before have cameras phone but it's the reason why the quality are never good. Consumer high definition camera are good for close shot. There's a reason why they still sell those long lenses, however, most people don't carry those around.

If the light is outside the plane, it would be towards the planes cockpit. The pilot would easily see it and most likely be concerned that something is following along side the plane.

No one else has made any reports of this light, only the known UFO hoaxer.

If the light is coming from behind his shoulder, reflecting off the angled surface of the window, then him holding his hand towards the front of the window would shield nothing. The fact that this hoaxer went through the effort of pretending to cover a possible light reflection makes it even more suss. (IMO).

If I actually saw something out side the plane, I would be more concerned about recording it and not trying to cover any reasons why people would think it's fake.

• Like 1

OK, I went to the aircraft I work on tonight, tried getting a reflecting from inside on the concave window. No go, the windows are made for strength, but also to avoid reflection inside for viewing purposes. Civilian and military are identical, except civvie has a thin flat layer inside (military are 2-3 layer curved for spotting during search and rescue). I had to jam my face up to the window to see my reflection (which surprisingly reflected almost exactly as a regular window but distorted my shape minorly like a funhouse mirror). ANY ambient light ruined the reflection from inside the aurora.

If the window was convex, as seen from the outside, that would distort where the original reflection was coming from. As it stands, with what I've experienced first hand, I do not believe that the light is coming from inside the aircraft.

And to answer the question asked a few pages ago : If A was above D, D would see A where C was being shown, not where B was shown.

I would take pictures of this, but if I did that and posted them it violates opsec, I can get in heaps of **** and lose my job.

So argue till your blue in the face. The light source IS external. It is not coming from inside. Is the light source photoshopped, or a stadium? Possibly a cruise ship on the ocean? A UFO? Whatever it is, from my experience of WORKING ON AIRCRAFT, having GONE OUT to an airplane and TRIED this, having to know about paralax error, reflection and refraction from my years as a surveyor, I can tell you to stop saying it's a ******* inside light. It is not, in any form, a reading light from inside the aircraft.

Don't glaze over what I have wrote, read it, digest it and then come back.

OK, I went to the aircraft I work on tonight, tried getting a reflecting from inside on the concave window. No go, the windows are made for strength, but also to avoid reflection inside for viewing purposes. Civilian and military are identical, except civvie has a thin flat layer inside (military are 2-3 layer curved for spotting during search and rescue). I had to jam my face up to the window to see my reflection (which surprisingly reflected almost exactly as a regular window but distorted my shape minorly like a funhouse mirror). ANY ambient light ruined the reflection from inside the aurora.

If the window was convex, as seen from the outside, that would distort where the original reflection was coming from. As it stands, with what I've experienced first hand, I do not believe that the light is coming from inside the aircraft.

And to answer the question asked a few pages ago : If A was above D, D would see A where C was being shown, not where B was shown.

I would take pictures of this, but if I did that and posted them it violates opsec, I can get in heaps of **** and lose my job.

So argue till your blue in the face. The light source IS external. It is not coming from inside. Is the light source photoshopped, or a stadium? Possibly a cruise ship on the ocean? A UFO? Whatever it is, from my experience of WORKING ON AIRCRAFT, having GONE OUT to an airplane and TRIED this, having to know about paralax error, reflection and refraction from my years as a surveyor, I can tell you to stop saying it's a ******* inside light. It is not, in any form, a reading light from inside the aircraft.

Don't glaze over what I have wrote, read it, digest it and then come back.

Hi Nightpath

If it is not too much trouble, could I ask you to go back a couple ages to my last post where I lifted your diagram and asked for some further information.

Why I keep looking at the light is the cross hairs seem a very close match, I do not doubt you, I am just looking to eliminate any possibility. Those cross hairs are hard to dismiss.

Hi Nightpath

If it is not too much trouble, could I ask you to go back a couple ages to my last post where I lifted your diagram and asked for some further information.

Why I keep looking at the light is the cross hairs seem a very close match, I do not doubt you, I am just looking to eliminate any possibility. Those cross hairs are hard to dismiss.

I can answer your question psyche. If the light was above the camera (over the guy's shoulder) then its reflection could not be reflected by the window back towards the camera. Since we are talking about reflections you can think of the window as if it were a mirror on the wall of the aircraft. It is in front of the camera to the right. So it would be like standing near a mirror on the wall while you are near the wall with the mirror on your right and in front of you. The reflections you would see in the mirror would be of objects in the room that are in front of you and to your left, but the mirror would not be reflecting objects such as yourself or objects above you over your shoulder.

Hope that helps.

Edited by lost_shaman

I can answer your question psyche. If the light was above the camera (over the guy's shoulder) then its reflection could not be reflected by the window back towards the camera. Since we are talking about reflections you can think of the window as if it were a mirror on the wall of the aircraft. It is in front of the camera to the right. So it would be like standing near a mirror on the wall while you are near the wall with the mirror on your right and in front of you. The reflections you would see in the mirror would be of objects in the room that are in front of you and to your left, but the mirror would not be reflecting objects such as yourself or objects above you over your shoulder.

Hope that helps.

Gidday Mate

Thank you, all the best for the new year, I do hope it is most excellent for you.

Thank you for the analogy, I just went and tried that in a mirror, and that is exactly what I was trying to understand, the mirrored reflection on the surface of the pane, and I could not get the reflection to show, let alone get in front of my hand.

Thank you, I have it now. Those cross hairs just kept throwing me, but it must be merely a co-incidence. I guess this proves we cannot believe what we see!

Cheers Mate.