Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

End of the world on 11/22/33

Clarakore

I honestly thought with the whole 2012 Mayan thing flying past us without anything happening, doomsday interest and faith would at least stay quiet for a bit.

People are still picking out illogical dates for the world ending?

Nooooooo!

Think of it as a numerological 'end times' dartboard.

I will not be around to know if it happens....

Unless I live to be 77. If I do, I will be begging for it to be real, because by then the US will have gone through a revolution and be in a horrible condition. It will also be announced by then that we did not land on the moon, and Bush flew the planes into the World Trade Center by remote control.

Why do you neccesarily draw that conclusion? If the current system of government is as corrupt and degenerate as that implies, why should the demise of the present system of government and the end of the Global economy be horrible? Perhaps it needs to before we can begin to make any progress to a fairer world.

Does anyone know why the end of the world has been pushed back to 11/22/33 and if not the end of the world then what will happen that day?

Have you learnt nothing from the whole "2012" nonsense?

One of my co-worker's pointed out that this year can have it's own apocalypse date as well. (Yes, I know, this doesn't work for everywhere, I know date's are set up differently from region to region, still, it's fun to mess with this stuff ;3)

November 12th, 2013

11/12/13

One of my co-worker's pointed out that this year can have it's own apocalypse date as well. (Yes, I know, this doesn't work for everywhere, I know date's are set up differently from region to region, still, it's fun to mess with this stuff ;3)

November 12th, 2013

11/12/13

Or December 11.

of course, you could say exactly the same for 01/02/03, , 02/03/04, 03/04/05, 04/05/06, 05/06/07, 06/07/08, 07/08/09, 08/09/10, etc, ad infinitum, and ad nauseum.

Edited by Lord Vetinari

Or December 11.

of course, you could say exactly the same for 01/02/03, , 02/03/04, 03/04/05, 04/05/06, 05/06/07, 06/07/08, 07/08/09, 08/09/10, etc, ad infinitum, and ad nauseum.

Gosh, kick my numerology in the butt D: there's power in numbers! Power in numbers! -goes insane-

November 12th, 2013

11/12/13

You can't strike prophetic gold twice. 11/12/13 is nifty but as Lord V pointed out this does happen every year in some combination.

Now 11/22/33 are all "Master Numbers" lol.

So who here has any actual information on this new doomsdate (sic)?

If not who here believes in "Master Numbers" lol. I don't but someone please tell me more, and not just what "Master Numbers" are, please I can google that myself, but how their power is tied in relation to this 11/22/33 date.

For those who don't believe in all this, you are in good company, but for those who don't believe and want to be harsh to others, well you are in good company too but I am not part of that company. Take your rotten attitudes, cyncical skeptics, and go away. This is supposed to be fun, what if, and a celebration of our own prophetess Hasina.

• Like 1

Our calendar is entirely arbitrary. When the Western Christian calendar was being devised, because it was a Christian scholar who invented the calendar, he naturally took an important date in Christianity as the starting point for their calendar, the year of Christ's birth, and called it 1 Anno Domini (year of our Lord) and calculated it was X years after Christ's birth so set X as the current year and we've been using that system in the West since then. However, it is now known that he was off by a few years and so the date of Jesus's birth is now reckoned by historians to be between 2 - 6BC (before Christ, which is a bit confusing) but the system has been set in place for so long that we just stick with it.

So, the year 2033 doesn't really mean anything. It's not actually 2033 years after anything that could reasonably set as "year 0". If you were to recalibrate the calendar according to the actual birth of Christ, 2033 would become anything from 2035 - 2039 AD (as the exact year of Christ's birth isn't known).

This is of course ignoring that fact that there is nothing special about the Western Christian calendar. It's year 1434 in the Muslim calendar (which is lunar based and thus years don't align with the solar calendar, but there is also a Muslim solar calendar in which it is currently year 1391). Their is also a Jewish Calendar, the ancient Mayan calendar that sparked all this new age end of the world stuff, and plenty of others.

There's also the issue that our idea when the year starts being entirely arbitrary. A year is an orbit of the earth around the sun. The earth traces a big circle around the sun which takes a year to complete (by definition). But a circle has no start or finish, therefore any time during the year long cycle could be chosen as the start of the year. Nothing happens on January 1st other than it is the date that was chosen to be the start of the year. The summer solstice or winter solstice could have been chosen, or one of the equinoxes, or any other date.

And the same issue comes up with the fact that the months and their days are arbitrary, look at the numbers of days in each month - 31, 28 (29 sometimes!), 30, 31, 30, etc. - 11/22/33 will be 22

And there's again the issue that it's only 11/22/33 if you're from certain places. Here in Europe, we will call that date 22/11/33 because we order days/months/years instead of months/days/years.

So again, on 11/22/33 it won't actually be 11 months after anything that marks the start of a year. Just like the fact that it is different years in different calendar systems, different calendars celebrate new years on different dates.

The point of all this? 11/22/33 is an entirely arbitrary date from one of many different arbitrary calendar systems which has their own quirks and oddities and that is flawed to begin with (year 1 in the Western calendar is known to be wrongly dated) that happens to look vaguely interesting if you're an American. It means absolutely nothing.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 2

Take your rotten attitudes, cyncical skeptics, and go away.
Not your forum.

Unless the forum administrators have an issue with what I'm saying, I'll post wherever and whatever I please.

If you don't like that new age quackery is easy and fun to debunk and people are willing to do so, that's your problem.

It is never a "rotten attitude" to critically examine a claim or subject, and to voice your honest opinion based upon an honest look at what you have learned.

Edited by Archimedes

I predict the world will end 31st of December, 7,593,211,648.

I can hardly wait. :)

• Like 2

I knew another one would pop up. That's one thing you can count on but you can't count on it happening.

Screw it, I don't care. I'll be dead by then. Besides, 1 - 2 - 3? C'mon guys? We've had one of those every century as we've had 6-6-6, and all the those other crazy number things and damned if we ain't still here.

Edited by keninsc

You can't strike prophetic gold twice. 11/12/13 is nifty but as Lord V pointed out this does happen every year in some combination.

Now 11/22/33 are all "Master Numbers" lol.

So who here has any actual information on this new doomsdate (sic)?

If not who here believes in "Master Numbers" lol. I don't but someone please tell me more, and not just what "Master Numbers" are, please I can google that myself, but how their power is tied in relation to this 11/22/33 date.

For those who don't believe in all this, you are in good company, but for those who don't believe and want to be harsh to others, well you are in good company too but I am not part of that company. Take your rotten attitudes, cyncical skeptics, and go away. This is supposed to be fun, what if, and a celebration of our own prophetess Hasina.

Master Numbers only are relevant, if you believe in that numerology nincompoopery. If you see the amount of "special dates" like 06/06/06 or 07/07/07 or even 09/09/09 that have already passed and turned out not special at all....

Oh and to the last part of your statement, I can only answer : No, I stay, I like it here. besides I might be sceptic, I'm however not cynical......well not all the time anyway :innocent:

Maybe because of the 1,2,3 sequence?

Meh, nevermind, already been said.

Edited by WoIverine

There needs to be a 'bull****ology' section for things like this...

I will be dead and gone and forgetten so why do I care

Edited by wolfknight

Does anyone know why the end of the world has been pushed back to 11/22/33 and if not the end of the world then what will happen that day?

I dont know are really care, but i do know that i am ready and prepared, I still have:

154 tins of baked beans,

127 tins of corned beef

108 cans of diet coke

2450 packets of cigs

from last time.

I dont know are really care, but i do know that i am ready and prepared, I still have:

154 tins of baked beans,

127 tins of corned beef

108 cans of diet coke

2450 packets of cigs

from last time.

2450 packets of cigs? Which food group is that exactly?

2450 packets of cigs? Which food group is that exactly?

eating out of desperation I think.

just incase I get bored, what with no t.v or internet!

eating out of desperation I think.

just incase I get bored, what with no t.v or internet!

What can I say. The fact you are expecting boredom during the apocalypse is unusual, more realistic than a history channel documentary on the topic, but your boredom might be a creation of your own devise.

Your smokes might also become stale in the meanwhile and by 2033 I doubt Big Tobacco is still in business. Are you ready for the "No Smoking" signs during the apocalypse.

What can I say. The fact you are expecting boredom during the apocalypse is unusual, more realistic than a history channel documentary on the topic, but your boredom might be a creation of your own devise.

Your smokes might also become stale in the meanwhile and by 2033 I doubt Big Tobacco is still in business. Are you ready for the "No Smoking" signs during the apocalypse.

there will be no "no smoking signs" in my bunker.

i will have lots of books to keep myself occupied too.

As for keeping yourself occupied, its difficult to say yet, we do not know if we will bunkered for years or able to stroll around like theres no tomorrow.

Best be prepared for any outcome.

that reminds me:

Note to self:

pack boots.

The end of the world comes for each individual person the day they die. For all practical purposes that will be the end of this world. .

Art

Couldn`t have said it better :)

*Sigh*

Another end of the world date?

Someone put me out of my misery.

• Like 1