Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

End of the world on 11/22/33

Clarakore

I dont know are really care, but i do know that i am ready and prepared, I still have:

154 tins of baked beans,

127 tins of corned beef

108 cans of diet coke

2450 packets of cigs

from last time.

What, no fine wine or such?

• Like 1

*Sigh*

Another end of the world date?

Someone put me out of my misery.

Why not put them out of their misery instead?

• Like 1

What, no fine wine or such?

Oh dear.....i am going to need a bigger truck!

thanks for reminding me.

NOTE TO SELF:

Get overdraft and then get 180 bottles of fine wine...screw top preferably.

• Like 1

Does anyone know why the end of the world has been pushed back to 11/22/33 and if not the end of the world then what will happen that day?

Because that is when the doomsday soothsayers that were born in 2012 will be 21. (If I did my math correctly, but if I didn't just pretend I did, otherwise, this post wouldn't be as lightheartedly funny).

Whenever a doomsday soothsayer turns out to be wrong, I actually feel relived. As in, 'I am so glad I didn't get that wholesaler's (sam's club/cosco) membership card.'

I wonder how the businesses that have mostly doomsday preppers as customers feel when a soothsayers prediction turns out to be hokum.

Something to think about I suppose.

• Like 1

Why not put them out of their misery instead?

It would be illegal to kill thousands.

:lol:

Because that is when the doomsday soothsayers that were born in 2012 will be 21. (If I did my math correctly, but if I didn't just pretend I did, otherwise, this post wouldn't be as lightheartedly funny).

Whenever a doomsday soothsayer turns out to be wrong, I actually feel relived. As in, 'I am so glad I didn't get that wholesaler's (sam's club/cosco) membership card.'

I wonder how the businesses that have mostly doomsday preppers as customers feel when a soothsayers prediction turns out to be hokum.

Something to think about I suppose.

lol @ the 21 joke, very much end of the world.

I am relieved too.

This is an interesting perspective regarding buying in bulk and wholesale clubs. I would like to see data regarding if their sales spike during predicted doomsday events.

Of course buying in bulk is a recent phenomena due to our dependence on vehicles as a society. Before and hope soon again most people will shop daily for staples and that night's dinner from a store that is walking distance.

And as well in a world with less oil and cars there might be less doomsday predictions. If there is imagine the doomsdayers walking back and forth to the store to stock up, how many trips would it take, and how healthy will they be after their marathon strolling.

Thanks for being able to make fun of the situation but not having to make fun of the people who believe in the end of the world themselves. I find those who do are not very cheerful people to talk to.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 1

lol @ the 21 joke, very much end of the world.

I am relieved too.

This is an interesting perspective regarding buying in bulk and wholesale clubs. I would like to see data regarding if their sales spike during predicted doomsday events.

Of course buying in bulk is a recent phenomena due to our dependence on vehicles as a society. Before and hope soon again most people will shop daily for staples and that night's dinner from a store that is walking distance.

And as well in a world with less oil and cars there might be less doomsday predictions. If there is imagine the doomsdayers walking back and forth to the store to stock up, how many trips would it take, and how healthy will they be after their marathon strolling.

Thanks for being able to make fun of the situation but not having to make fun of the people who believe in the end of the world themselves. I find those who do are not very cheerful people to talk to.

Your reply has sparked my mental thinking.

I wonder how many doomsday preppers are in the UK. Where would they stock all that bulk stuff? The houses in this country are much smaller compared to an average sized American home. (Source: I'm American, but live in England).

I live in a Victorian 3 bedroom mid-terrace with a cellar. Only so much stuff can be stocked in the cellar, or at least that is what my husband tells me, for I have -never- went down there.

Thank you for this delightful ponderment;) I agree we can make a funny out of the situation, but never let a doomsday soothsayer hear, because yes, that does tend to upset them.

'You are on my No list now.'

;)

Oh good because that is 20 years in the future and more than likely I'll be dead by then so I will miss it!

Whew!

Art

I've got piles of dry noodles saved up for the post-apocalyptic world because I loves me some noodles.

Art

• Like 1

Your reply has sparked my mental thinking.

I wonder how many doomsday preppers are in the UK. Where would they stock all that bulk stuff? The houses in this country are much smaller compared to an average sized American home. (Source: I'm American, but live in England).

I live in a Victorian 3 bedroom mid-terrace with a cellar. Only so much stuff can be stocked in the cellar, or at least that is what my husband tells me, for I have -never- went down there.

Thank you for this delightful ponderment;) I agree we can make a funny out of the situation, but never let a doomsday soothsayer hear, because yes, that does tend to upset them.

'You are on my No list now.'

;)

Oh, I find that skeptics/cynics tend to get more upset than doomsdayers themselves.

And it makes sense, doomsdayers follow their own script knowing society disagrees with their view but they carry on prepping without worrying if everyone thinks just as they do.

Cynics feel everyone should believe exactly as them including sharing their pessimism and are always offended when others don't.

I am skeptical but others have a right to believe as they do and when it comes to conspiracy theories in general (semi-related to doomsday predictions) I assign a lack of feeling in control of your circumstances, environment, and life as the main impetus behind such beliefs and not a general lack of intelligence as cynics claim is the chief reason that others believe.

It is more emotional than intellectual and on that note I fault cynics for both, they are emotional and not very intellectual even if they subscribe to science. What they do is would rather talk bad and make fun of people than to truly understand why others believe.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

—Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by I believe you

Oh, I find that skeptics/cynics tend to get more upset than doomsdayers themselves.

And it makes sense, doomsdayers follow their own script knowing society disagrees with their view but they carry on prepping without worrying if everyone thinks just as they do.

Cynics feel everyone should believe exactly as them including sharing their pessimism and are always offended when others don't.

So doomsdayers aren't pessimistic?

So doomsdayers aren't pessimistic?

Yes, but not in a way that they project it allover the place as skeptical cynics do.

Nor does the pessimistic worldview of doomsdayers lessen or match the pessimism of cynics.

Nothing is worse than a pessimist who also wants to control how you think and what you believe.

Now whether the flood of Genesis ever occured there is a truth to it: they laughed at Noah. The fact is that people will laugh at doomsdayers. I already commented on the laughers and they do not do it in good fun. Instead it is a form of social control: "Act and believe like us and we won't make fun of you." And that is where I draw the line, quit trying to control others because it doesn't work.

Instead try to understand others. Why do they believe as they do? That is a more fascinating topic to me than simply saying, "they are wrong, lol, it will never happen."

That all might be true too but I think we all know that already and there are more sophisticated lines of approach to this topic.

Edited by I believe you

Buying in bulk maybe, but storing in bulk goes back to the start. in winter times man would stock up on essentials, but our "essentials" today are a lot different to back then. I think with many, the first problem would be the crash of todays technology which so many depend on, no mobile, no computer, no cars, emails, communications, once the panic dies down, who ever is left will then remember that they need to get food.

• Like 1

Because somewhere out there, a bunch of childish idiots exist who want their stupid cult predictions to come true for whatever reason.

And there are many of these people: they're sometimes called 'occultists' or a more socially acceptable term would be 'Lay people'.

Edited by Sean93

New end of the world date: When no one sets a end of the world date, and no dates are set to come.

Unless y'all can find it anywhere else online, I believe I made this up, it's just a little gag. No need to make a big deal about soothsayers being false or anything, I was poking fun at the numerology thing that many soothsayers do with their dating and the like.

Yes Hasina, I saw you make that 'prediction' in these forums, right after the last failed doomsday date. The crackpots would have grasped on to the 'new date', anyways. It's not your fault.

On the bright side, only America refers to the date as, '11/22/33'. The rest of us say, '22/11/2033', which isn't nearly as catchy. :)

• Like 1

Yes Hasina, I saw you make that 'prediction' in these forums, right after the last failed doomsday date. The crackpots would have grasped on to the 'new date', anyways. It's not your fault.

On the bright side, only America refers to the date as, '11/22/33'. The rest of us say, '22/11/2033', which isn't nearly as catchy. :)

Thank you for introducing the point that this is an "American prophecy" or at least was created by an American.

That would be my best guess. I am still waiting for someone to add better insight into the train of master numbers this date is using the standard American format.

Thank you for introducing the point that this is an "American prophecy" or at least was created by an American.

That would be my best guess. I am still waiting for someone to add better insight into the train of master numbers this date is using the standard American format.

No, I mean Hasina (a fellow UM member) made it up on a whim one day and the OP gave it legs. I don't think that outside this thread anyone else is giving this date any attention. :)

Edit: Oh, okay you gave the OP! Ehere'd you get this date from?

Edited by Likely Guy

I believe 100% this is going to happen on 11/22/33 and will now live my life according to this date. So let me set the record straight. Party at my place 11/21/33.

I believe 100% this is going to happen on 11/22/33 and will now live my life according to this date. So let me set the record straight. Party at my place 11/21/33.

HOUSE WRECKER AT ASTEROIDX'S HOUSE!

What the heck, it's the end of the world ?! Ain''t it?

• Like 1

Ar, that is so kind of you, do we have to bring a bottle or are you supplying that too?

Any chance we can kip on your floor and can we get a full English fry up for breakfast?

Is there a dress code and can I bring a few friends?

Thanks, see you on 11/21/33 :w00t:

The person saying this.. is the next scam artists...

trying to get rich from fear of the ignoranat!

I can haz ur money, plz?

• Like 2