Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hayabusa2 revealed

Waspie_Dwarf

Hayabusa2 revealed before the first integration test

December 27, 2012 Updated

[cap=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7791/topics20121227.jpg][/cap]Hayabusa2 revealed before the first integration test

On Dec. 26, the Hayabusa2 was revealed at the Sagamihara Campus. As its design was completed this spring, the Hayabusa2 will soon undergo the first integration test to confirm the interfaces among onboard devices as well as between the devices and the explorer’s bus after assembling them onto the bus. Also, the flight models of the Hayabusa2’s main body and solar array paddles have already been manufactured, thus those models will be verified through a vibration test. In addition, the exposed environment for the onboard devices will also be measured. JAXA is developing the Hayabusa2 to be ready for its launch in 2014.

arrow3.gifSource

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• thewild

• 27vet

• Starseed hybrid 1111

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it is successful, following Akatsuki's mishap.

If anyone can do it, it's the Japanese.

Actually they don't have a very good record with planetary exploration. Their missions to Mars (Nozomi)and Venus (Akatsuki) have failed and the first Hayabusa probe suffered problems with its ion engines and it's sample collection device. It only managed to return a few grains of asteroid material to the Earth.

i have a question why does it take so long to launch a space exploration mission if our technology is so advanced?other than that i hope its successful and it does beyond well.it would be great to know how the universe did actualy start though.we should send people to mars and the moon already too its been too long i wonder why???

i have a question why does it take so long to launch a space exploration mission if our technology is so advanced?

Why does having advanced technology mean that everything can be made quickly? Advanced technology is, by it's very nature, complex. It is simple technology that can be designed and built quickly.

How long do you think it takes to design, test and make a new type of car or aircraft? The answer is years. Why should it be an different for spacecraft?

Each space probe has a unique mission. Each will have unique scientific instruments, You can't simply buy those instruments in the local supermarket.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf