Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

woman sends care packages to grieving moms

glorybebe

When Laurie Mossey’s 20-year-old son died, it was a pair of pyjamas that helped her during the dark days....

..."Every day I wore my pyjamas, I didn't want to get out of them,” Mossey said. “You don't want to get dressed when you've lost a child."...

...In an effort to share the simple but profound gesture, Mossey has created the "Pyjama Project", sending pyjamas to grieving B.C. mothers whose losses she’s heard about through news reports or friends....

Mossey is also reaching out to the families of children killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. on Dec. 14.

"Their circumstances are different but the pain is the same and I know how they feel,” she said. “To send pyjamas to them would show them that people all over the world support them and understand their pain."......

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/b-c-woman-sends-care-packages-to-grieving-mothers-1.1097480

although nothing can lessen the pain of losing a child, caring like this will hopefully let these moms know that others share their pain.

• Like 2

The pain of losing a child has to be the worse pain ever. I know I would rather die than see my son die. I would take a bullet for him or challenge an angry lion.

Its nice that this woman is doing this, maybe it will help in some small way.

• Like 1

Glad to see someone, who is trying to make those people feel some better. I know they can't, but it's a nice gesture.

Sandy hook has asked they please stop sending gifts . They're overwhelmed with stuff .

It may be a sencerely nice gesture, it may be a way to get one's name on news networks as being good, no one knows.

As for me, I'd rather be happy these people have comfort as opposed to praise this lady for giving it to them. Call me cynical, but one truly never knows.

It may be a sencerely nice gesture, it may be a way to get one's name on news networks as being good, no one knows.

As for me, I'd rather be happy these people have comfort as opposed to praise this lady for giving it to them. Call me cynical, but one truly never knows.

There are so many people who don't care, IMO, it is nice to see someone who does. She says that she was given a pair of PJs when her son died, and rather than people telling the grieving mother that they will 'get over it' and to get on with their lives, the PJs represent the 'permission' to grieve.

People who do this ,usually care . It's time effort and money .Most don't expect their name in the paper ,but in the age of social networking,its a by product of being kind,or evil .