Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Falcon Project Update

Sakari

I'd like to see this project have a successful outcome. However, I can't get past the same players, the same persuasive wording, the same statements of "facts" the same old same old... I see the technology but I can't get past the unusual science behind it all in the first place, sorry.

I still dig the ship though, whether fantasy or ever a reality.

bolding is mine

-- “In 2007, it was recognized by science that unusual footprints found in remote areas in North America were likely made by some sort of animal currently unknown to science.” “Meldrum of Idaho State University which established the scientific recognition is provided in the appendix . The purpose of the proposal being put forward here is to perform research and firmly establish the identity of the maker of these footprints.”

--“The person/organization responsible for capturing film evidence of these creatures would be positioned to receive financial compensation through so many avenues that the list is almost endless (as are the streams of income that each would create). A few examples of such streams are: a motion picture, a documentary about the process of finding the North American Ape, expeditions, books, non-profit organizations for educational purposes, e-books, DVD’s, etc.” iow, Invest!

--“Join us for one of the largest collection of Sasquatch evidence ever compiled for one event. Hundreds of casts, photos and other items will be showcased by some of the top Sasquatch researchers in the world. This will be a private event closed to the public.”

--The Patterson film, which is the most famous and clear footage ever obtained of a Hominoid, is still highly sought, and the use of it in projects (ie., reprinting for publications, documentaries, etc.) still fetches a fair price. It has been speculated that if another film as good as or better than the Patterson film ever came into existence (and we feel certain that The Falcon Project can obtain such a film) it would mean an almost instantaneous windfall in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.”

--“the dual airship will provide the best chance at obtaining the long-awaited steady camera that has, as yet, been missing from ALL films of Hominoids in existence, because our dual airship will be fitted with a gyro to provide image stabilization.”

--“We will also employ the use of an Infra-sound Recorder. This is a very exciting new technology in and of itself, "

--“With a combined 50+ years of experience, we are a science-oriented team that is much more interested in securing evidence of hominoids than in making money off “just another film”. All the members of the management team have had 1st-hand, up-close sightings of Hominoids and are driven by scientific revelation, so you may rest assured that they are motivated to use the funding wisely. While we are aware that this project has the potential to produce a significant amount of money when it comes time to air the footage we obtain, what drives the researchers, management team and interns is the discovery and proving of the Hominoids’ existence. We believe that our scientific understanding of what Hominoids are and how we are related to them will be so far-reaching, that we can only speculate about the full ramifications of such a discovery.”

--“He [Meldrum] is editor of the The Relict Hominoid Inquiry, a refereed scholarly journal promoting scientific dialogue on this intriguing question (www.isu.edu/rhi).”

I'd like to see this project have a successful outcome. However, I can't get past the same players, the same persuasive wording, the same statements of "facts" the same old same old... I see the technology but I can't get past the unusual science behind it all in the first place, sorry.

I still dig the ship though, whether fantasy or ever a reality.

I am with you on this. Even this does not change my mind on this topic of large humanoid/ape creatures living everywhere. I do like that someone is using something other then tree knocks and howling at the moon though. I also still stand by what I said, I doubt we will see anything, as they all ready stated any " good footage " will be saved for a documentary.....We have all heard that before.

Either way, I noticed the site changed, and it looks like they are actually going through with it, and making a " claim " a reality. Most do not even do that.

I find under "History" on the site, quoting a wiki article, let alone one that lends little credence to the existence of BF, kinda lazy.

• Like 1

I find under "History" on the site, quoting a wiki article, let alone one that lends little credence to the existence of BF, kinda lazy.

You went deeper then I did :)

• 7 months later...

I thought this project was Dead, but I see there are still articles coming out saying Dr Meldrum is still working on the project.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/unmanned-aerial-drone-to-search-for-bigfoot/

“The Falcon Project takes the search for sasquatch to the next level,” he continued. “Aerial survey with coordinated on-the-ground verification has potential to conclusively identify sasquatch and furthermore facilitate a more penetrating investigation into the nature of this mysterious species.”

I thought this project was Dead, but I see there are still articles coming out saying Dr Meldrum is still working on the project.

http://www.wnd.com/2...ch-for-bigfoot/

Latest I have seen, they can not come up with funding.....I wonder why.

I did a 180 on this topic......

Personally, I'd like to see more science and less rednecks with long beards or "holier-than-thou" types chasing around after them for the TV cameras. Meldrum's "idea" seems a little too..........not so thought out?.....maybe? You take a lighter than air platform, tie cameras all over it then half float and half fly it around in areas where there are high winds, shifting winds and generally unstable air currents. Don't get me wrong I like the idea of using some kind of aircraft, not sure this is the best idea he or his people could come up with.

Personally, I'd like to see more science and less rednecks with long beards or "holier-than-thou" types chasing around after them for the TV cameras. Meldrum's "idea" seems a little too..........not so thought out?.....maybe? You take a lighter than air platform, tie cameras all over it then half float and half fly it around in areas where there are high winds, shifting winds and generally unstable air currents. Don't get me wrong I like the idea of using some kind of aircraft, not sure this is the best idea he or his people could come up with.

Maybe it was never intended as a solution but a first step towards one? I don't know. Given my skepticism on Bigfoot I personally think the whole thing is a waste of time and money. I only have a passing interest in this project, more to see what kind of craft they can come up with that would have potential use in more important areas, like search and rescue for example.

The subject hasn't been proved or disproved either way, however I'm open on the subject based on the sightings of two friends of mine. Were it not for them, I'd be completely in the skeptic's camp. However, I see no harm in doing something........no matter how off the wall it might be......to satisfy your own curiosity.

Being an engineer, I see a number of issues with what has been described, but it's all sort of a concept right now. No actual design work has been done on the project as I understand it.