Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you have any problems with boards making

Roy Perry

Nothing and something first

Do you have any problems with boards making money with you joining their board?

01-02-2013

I have no proven with others making money off me being a part their group but some people do because they make money off us being a part of their board. Do you have any problems with boards making money with you joining their board? The more members they have the more money they get for each add but it cost money to run a board because nothing is free in this world.

Think about face book because who began face is rich look up stocks for face book and I have no problem with that. The smaller the board is the owner makes less but the people that set up the board make more because it depends on how many members are in your group. Thank you with love of something which is nothing and a holy kiss of star dust unto you from Roy.

see me on Utube year2027

Edited by Roy Perry

i wonder what a message board could offer that i would consider paying for. there are countless places now for interaction, social and otherwise

mind you there are ads that take care of the financial end of running some of them, and there are also places that ask for donations

edit:

just occurred to me that you didn't say anything abou charging. are you meaning that depending on the member count they get money from some other source?

Edited by JGirl

Not really at all. Everybody deserves to get something out of this if they put something in. Since we all use this for free and it costs money why not try to cover the costs? If they make a profit it's a bonus, if they don't well they know something isn't working on the board. Profit isn't an evil thing, it's just a problem when people abuse it.

Places like Facebook should pay you because of well they basically pimp you off. .

• Like 1

Running forums is not free. It costs money to pay for bandwidth and upgrades. Additionally, running forums can be a full time job if it's big enough. These forums provide a service to the internet community, and someone has to pay for it. Since we the users pay nothing to visit, advertisements are the only real option.

And remember, for every Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook creator) there are many many more who do not make money and even lose money. The success stories of people who make fortunes out of ideas like facebook are not the norm, and these lucky few deserve compensation for their innovation.

Though I'm curious what this thread has to do with Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs. If you could tell us if there's a specific reason you posted in this section, that would be helpful :tu:

~ Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

nothing and something first

thanks JGirl and Jinxdom and Paranoid Android

thank you I do not understand how everybody makes the money

for the most I see adds and I have no problem with that

because I am on many boards

as for why asked on a board I will not name they claim they have to spend own money

but I see them selling T-shirts and other things on thier site they have over 10,000 members plus

that the main reason

but for part i wanted imput from you

with love of something which is nothing and a holy kiss of star dust unto you from Roy

Edited by Roy Perry

I have a friend who built search engines he said it was all about the clicks. Everytime you click on a page with advertisement on it the site gets paid by the advertiser. One person can make a site a lot of money depending on how many times they change pages on a site. At least that was in the 90's. not sure if its still the same. To answer your question "no" i don't mind. As for what they do on FB that makes me angry I closed my FB page after it got hacked.

as for why asked on a board I will not name they claim they have to spend own money

but I see them selling T-shirts and other things on thier site they have over 10,000 members plus

that the main reason

but for part i wanted imput from you

Since this question then has nothing to do with spirituality or religious beliefs, I'll move this to the General off topic section. Best wishes,

~ Paranoid Android

nothing first

thanks emberdawn and Paranoid Android

thank you my two friends

the reason for the question has nothing to with spiritual even that the ideall came a christian like board the real reason i pick this part to post it is because personual like this part

with love of something which is nothing and a holy kiss of star dust unto you from Roy