Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Captures Video of "Explosion" in Sky

ColoradoParanormal

A Sacramento man scanning the night sky caught a sudden burst of light through his telescope. He recorded that strange sight with his smart phone.

CBS13 shared the video with experts to see if they could solve the mystery.This mysterious little tale begins earlier this week when Good Day Sacramento’s Cody Stark got this message on Facebook: “I have something on video no one has ever seen. I had my telescope out, caught an explosion in space. Wanna see the video?”

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/12/30/man-captures-video-of-strange-explosion-in-the-sky/

Saw this and thought I'd share. Be sure to check out the video included in the article.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal
  • Like 2

That's cool, and not so far from where I live. That would be amazing to see, and it was a lucky catch to get on video. Now to figure out what it is. That would be a 'light refraction' to end all light refraction. I wonder what it really was.

What an amazing capture!! Talk about lucky!! Wow!!

The anchors do a lot of unnecessary and annoying banter though... Lol wish I could see both videos without ask the interruptions.

Looks exactly like the weather balloon bursting Sky Scanner posted.

• Like 1

Oh yea, I didn't think this was anything paranormal or ETH related. I simply thought it was amazing that this person was able to capture it. Talk about AMAZING timing! Guy sould have went and purchased a lottery ticket!

It does look pretty amazing on first glance.

Weather balloon bursting after going too high? OK, certainly could be the case.

Ummm what do they fill weather ballons with..... Flamibale what ever... it was a comite-meteor with a bit of tail.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Ummm what do they fill weather ballons with..... Flamibale what ever... it was a comite-meteor with a bit of tail.

Why would it have to be flammable? How could it be, at that altitude?

What do you think happens to every weather balloon as it rises through its region of operation into areas of lower and lower atmospheric pressure?

Ride off to weather balloon heaven on its high horse?

There is an amazing and near-unending list of prosaic events which when misunderstood by viewers can look like a 'UFO'. This ought to be a scary thought to those who insist that the lack of a prosaic explanation is PROOF of a non-ordinary, even extraordinary, stimulus.

Be afraid. It was more than just one more weather balloon popping into smithereens in that video.

It was the 'residue theory', the central tenet of the UFOlogical faith.

Doesn't this Kardell bloke have a job to go to? Or a life, for that matter!

Looks exactly like the weather balloon bursting Sky Scanner posted.

I was ready to agree with you until I watched Sky Scanner's video.

They look nothing at all alike. Sky Scanner's video looks like what you would imagine a weather balloon bursting would look like.

The OP's looks like something from the 4th Of July.

I was ready to agree with you until I watched Sky Scanner's video.

They look nothing at all alike. Sky Scanner's video looks like what you would imagine a weather balloon bursting would look like.

The OP's looks like something from the 4th Of July.

Really. I thought they looked nearly exact. To me the explosion is a lot more noticeable in the OP's video but still similar. Both have the sensor bouncing around too.

Well you would know what they put into those weather balloons If you watched "Moon Shinners" ITs Corn Squeeze Whiskey for sure ! That explains the Roswell story too ! See How clearly we can think after the Holidays season is comming to a close ? :whistle::yes: