Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big Pharm sued for kick backs

Simbi Laveau

2012 saw at least two pharmaceutical companies sued,for giving monetary kick backs to the MDs who push their wares ,which give the doctors incentive to push drugs that should probably not even be kn the market .

This company got off with a slap on the wrist ,in my opinion .

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/12/11-4-million-for-drug-kickbacks-2524898.html

The other didn't fare as well .

http://www.jsonline.com/business/drug-firm-to-pay-95-million-to-settle-kickback-claims-6f7c4i3-175979801.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

The lack of moral fibre in the executive level of these pharmaceutical cos is breathtakingly absurd. How do they sleep at night? Talk about a "poison pill".

*Disgusted*

• Like 3

I would usually never touch anything peddled by these big pharmaceutical companies with a ten foot pole. Give people a tonne of side effects and use another medicine to counter that side affect, increase reliance on their products and boom, they've made a killing by killing you.

Absolutely one of the disgusting and most corrupt industries in the world. I'd use any safer alternative under the sun before I put pills I don't trust in my body.

You look at some of the side effects of these pills and you really wonder why they are on the shelves. Let alone if they are even doing more harm than good.

People have treated a lot of problems without the need for these pills centuries before.

It's a business that profits off the sick. Just ask yourself, if they were to want to increase or maximise their profits how they would do that?

• Like 1

ANY monetary, or other forms of, "incentives" should be strictly outlawed ! • Pharmaceutical prices should be R E G U L A T E D .. I know that's a dirty word to some.. but how else are you going to keep crooks like them from robbing us blind? .. a pill that costs pennies to produce should not cost dollars. Also, advertising drugs to a partially or uninformed public should be Stopped.

• Like 1

ANY monetary, or other forms of, "incentives" should be strictly outlawed ! • Pharmaceutical prices should be R E G U L A T E D .. I know that's a dirty word to some.. but how else are you going to keep crooks like them from robbing us blind? .. a pill that costs pennies to produce should not cost dollars. Also, advertising drugs to a partially or uninformed public should be Stopped.

You're exactly right! It was Bill Clinton who signed off on letting the pharmaceutical companies advertise prescription drugs direct to the consumer. Prior to that, Rx drugs could be advertised ONLY in professional journals.

Taking advantage of americans' propensity to take drugs, and hypochonria in general, should be forbidden, but Wall Street controls the government. :td:

• Like 2

I only want the good stuff. They can shove the rest up there proverbial you know what.