Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Burglar-bite worry for dog owners: new law

Still Waters

So they take away firearms and now dogs are not allowed to protect your homes? I hope you Brits have good archery skills (if compound bows are allowed).

• Like 1

Don't forget I haven't yet banned putting bombs on people and saying it's the owners fault. Hope you get what I mean by that ;)

Let me relay a little tale I once read involving claymore mines. The protagonist was held up in an orphanage during the dead of winter, with mafia closing in on him. He's unarmed, except for some old claymore mines he had access to, he wasn't even sure if they still worked. So, he orders the kids to build snowmen from the street, up the walkway to the house. He plants a mine in each. When the mafia types approach the house, boom! Problem solved. They had no idea that snowmen...made by children could be extremely deadly. lol

Edited by WoIverine

Heu!!!! France has forbidden attack dogs and owners have to take classes in order to own big dogs and they are held responsible for any attack. So far none of them have involved burglar's attack but if the case occurs, I'm sure to socialo-commies will pass a similar law. Few years ago, two illegal chased by the police went into hiding in a electric building that changes high voltage currant into 380 v, and of course they fried. SOS racism is suing the cops (and might win) for illegal chase.

Since dogs are getting illegal I'm thinking of getting a Maine Coon anyway.61979d1272458635-maine-coon-cat-ny-maine-coon3.jpg89915-600x425-maine-coon-9.jpg

Here kitty kitty kitty!

Now thats a cat that would get anydog to have second thoughts about chasing it up a tree,I LOVE cats,Where in this world could I get one that size,Oh MY LORD,I want one so so bad now,bet that cat treats my daughters little 12 lb shitz-poo like a rat on a rope.

What was forbidden, and in more than one European country, is dogs that cannot be controlled by the owner. Some countries actually demand schooling for certain races (i.e. Pitbull).

I agree with that really. It actually makes me really angry when I see some idiot who can't handle their dog. Especially small women with big dogs and the dog is dragging her along.

My Mother had to watch in horror as a big dog ripped a small one to shreds while the owner stood there doing NOTHING because she couldn't handle it.

When did British folks stop using common sense? Or is this just an example of political idiocy being forced on the majority? As for the treatment of intruders - I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Our government is just as stupid as yours. :tu:

My advice to anyone who hears a burglar in there house is to do what I did, surprise them with pickaxe handle, beat them to death & dump the body in the wee hours in a remote location.

I mean, they were hardly going to tell anyone where they were going that evening were they.

Hahahahaha, I love this.

Never actually thought of that before. lol

• Like 1

Dog owners could face criminal charges if their animals bite burglars under proposals from the Welsh government, the Kennel Club has warned.

A draft bill would make it an offence to have a dangerously out of control dog in the home.

The dog welfare body says owners should have some protection under the law when dogs try to defend the home.

The Welsh government has said it wants to protect people from an increasing number of attacks by dangerous dogs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20891039

What kind of an insane ''law'' is this? Damn, and i thought the world couldn't get any more mad!!!

I agree with that really. It actually makes me really angry when I see some idiot who can't handle their dog. Especially small women with big dogs and the dog is dragging her along.

I am not 'big' and I have raised several Great Danes.One does not need to overpower a dog to handle it!

A few years ago while stationed in North Africa, our dog started to bark continuously (uncharacteriscally) at 3 am. I went to the garden, chided the dog and brought him indoors. Next morning we discovered that thieves were in the garden and tried to steal the cars. The following week we were informed by the police that they arrested the thieves, who had also robbed and strangled a man in the neighborhood. When I went to the garden the possibility of intruders didn't occur to me because people in that country did not like big dogs and normally avoided them, but I could have been attacked like that poor man.

People have the right to protect their families in their homes. The law should differentiate between intruders on private property, and passers by on a public road.

• Like 2

I am not 'big' and I have raised several Great Danes.One does not need to overpower a dog to handle it!

Everyone knows you have to be bigger than a horse to train one and keep it under control. ;)

Glad you stayed safe in Africa!

• Like 1

Everyone knows you have to be bigger than a horse to train one and keep it under control. ;)

Glad you stayed safe in Africa!

Thank you Michelle :)

I played 'alpha wolf' and it worked; except they can have a stubborn streak and in that, my last dog won! He was obsessed with the welcome mat, and neither mustard nor even harissa could convince him to leave it at the door. I gave up and resigned myself to a matless door, and having to dig up my wellingtons from under trees everytime I wanted to garden...adorable querky dogs :D

• Like 1

Thank you Michelle :)

I played 'alpha wolf' and it worked; except they can have a stubborn streak and in that, my last dog won! He was obsessed with the welcome mat, and neither mustard nor even harissa could convince him to leave it at the door. I gave up and resigned myself to a matless door, and having to dig up my wellingtons from under trees everytime I wanted to garden...adorable querky dogs :D

They all have their own little idiosycrasies that it's almost impossible to break them of. Then you just have to pick your battles. :P

• Like 1

My advice to anyone who hears a burglar in there house is to do what I did, surprise them with pickaxe handle, beat them to death & dump the body in the wee hours in a remote location.

I mean, they were hardly going to tell anyone where they were going that evening were they.

Agreed lol, that's the plan most anymore that would need to be implemented if we want to save our families. Ahhh, what the world is coming to...

Edited by shadowx