Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Technique To Study Cell Phone Radiation

Still Waters

Concerns about the health risks associated with cell phones date back almost to the dawn of the industry. Over the last four decades, while cell phones shrunk and multiplied and worked their way into the very fabric of human existence, the vague threat of danger has slunk along behind like a faint but troubling and unshakeable odor: do what they could, scientists couldn’t quite eliminate it, and they couldn’t quite define it, either. The best they’ve been able to do is say that the radiation coming from cell phones may or may not cause cancer.

http://www.popsci.co...phone-radiation

Agreed, maybe they can devise a method to examine the effects of wifi devices as well, if it hasn't already been done to that extent.

An oncologist friend of mine believes that there is a connection between electromagnetic radiation and an increased risk of cancer.

The biggest health risk is the shock after seeing the cell phone bill.

I know one thing for sure. Cell Phones are habit forming just like cigarettes. Studies have been conducted on college students to see if they can go 24 hours without touching a cell phone and most of them couldn't go without it and those that did experienced anxiety or withdrawals. Are You Addicted?

I have a cell phone, but I never really use it. Is that weird? It's the latest and greatest, but I tend to find that I don't really want people bugging me, so its always on vibrate and takes me forever to respond to texts lol.

I have a cell phone, but I never really use it. Is that weird? It's the latest and greatest, but I tend to find that I don't really want people bugging me, so its always on vibrate and takes me forever to respond to texts lol.

I have one too but it mostly stays in the glove box of my truck for emergencies and such.

I don't feel this urgency to talk or text all the time. I prefer personal conversation myself. :)

• Like 1

I used to hear stories of people who were scared to live beneath hi voltage power transmission lines for the same reasons. I don't think a cancer link was proven there either.

i don't think cellphone microwaves and radio-waves are enough to create a problem by themselves. i believe that the cause of the rise in cancer is down to the fact that we constantly are exposed to all sorts of stimulus and environments that as a species we never evolved to withstand. so understandably; yet unfortunately, as with any species we have to have time to develop to our surroundings which in the past have been perhaps predators and loss of food supplies, but are now our own doings such as the chemicals and radiation we expose ourselves to. however it becomes a problem as our self created civilizations develops much faster than is natural possible for use to keep up with, explaining the increase in diseases such cancer, asthma, diabetes..etc. i also thing the way we experience life mentally is unnatural also, which contributes to the high number of mental health problems. so people need to just accept that as we change our world around us it will always cause complications, but its either this or go live in the woods.

• Like 1

I doubt if any new info will come of this as it seems the industry has been dancing around this subject since as long as I can remember. It will be one on those that keep their head glued to a phone day in and out because if they decide to sue the phone industry, I'm sure they'll get nowhere with it because all the studies that I've read have been labelled inconclusive. When phones were analog, I remember the retailers pushing headsets and urging customers to keep the phone away from their heads due to the heat, now its purely for distraction...

Even if the study confirms that cell phone use does cause cancer, it won't stop people from using them.

Even if the study confirms that cell phone use does cause cancer, it won't stop people from using them.

Yep. I'll use mine less and stock up on the anti oxidants. I imagine the manufacturers would be forced to add extra shielding inside the case...or something.

i doubt that they could use extra shielding as the signals need to be able to get in and out of the phone. you could always just use your headphones to prevent them being centered around your brain but then again these signals are used for tons of different devices so we're constantly so it would be hard to avoid the effects if there are any.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with "Studies" is that most of the time they are funded by the people that stand the most to gain from a favorable report, ie the ones that make the product. Or the ones that sell the service to use with the phones, ie the mobile phone companys.

• Like 1

just like with cigarettes, the cigarette industry fought for ages to stop it coming out that cigarettes were bad for people (and even intimidated alot of scientists with physical threats)

What about I-Pads then?

Because they are totally wireless I'm sure the same amounts of lethal radiation are emanating from then.

What however distinguishes a mobile phone from a I-Pad is that I feel no need to place the latter on my ear.

I feel this radiation isn't imaginary and can cause severe brain damage in sustained doses.

Anyway it's very rarely teenagers use a mobile phone for it's intended purpose.

They are either busy being text jockeys or talking to it on their hand like they do on X-Factor.

And don't forget that they have a hands-free apparatus for your car.

So it'll be no great loss if this little report confirms what we already know.

If we decide to break the habit of a lifetime there's always the landline and telephone boxes.

Back to the good old days.

Edited by Medium Brown