Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I find it really hard to believe so called 'experts' in the field of ufology, when no actual proof exists any where to the masses?

What i find even harder to believe is that so many people believe these charlatans.

• Like 2

I have found that a large portion of UFOlogy is psychological. It is comprised largely by those that are looking for confirmation of their 'special' beliefs. With things like UFO conventions it becomes a system that feeds upon itself. I also think that the majority of 'experts' in the field know this and capitalize on it. Deplorable behavior no doubt. It can be difficult to break away from something like that when you are constantly being told what you want to hear but all the more reason to promote healthy skepticism. I really feel bad for the people who buy so heavily into this stuff.

• Like 2

It's kinda hard to shoot down a UFO, don't you think? Unfortunately, the only evidence we have now are photographs and grainy videos and testimonials. I guess a lot of these people looking for confirmation must have seen something and are looking for more evidences to confirm what they saw. This is not a belief that they all of a sudden developed.

• Like 1

What always seems to have me baffled is when they constantly refer to "Ancient Astronaught Theorists" on the Ancient Aliens documentaries. They make it sound as if the speculations are backed by highly educated and qualified individuals, when in all reality they're not.

• Like 1

Well everybody has a few seconds of fame in this world ! Even the Ones full of B.S. ! Kinda like we all know this in the first place right ? :clap:

2013 THe Best YEar Ever !

What always seems to have me baffled is when they constantly refer to "Ancient Astronaught Theorists" on the Ancient Aliens documentaries. They make it sound as if the speculations are backed by highly educated and qualified individuals, when in all reality they're not.

Maybe you should start a thread on Ancient Astronauts.

Or Ancient Aliens.

I find it really hard to believe so called 'experts' in the field of ufology, when no actual proof exists any where to the masses?

What i find even harder to believe is that so many people believe these charlatans.

can you possibly just clarify if you mean no actual proof of UFO's or are you refering to no proof UFOs are ET??

thanks

Maybe you should start a thread on Ancient Astronauts.

Or Ancient Aliens.

great idea...I am suprised this hasnt been done yet on UM :whistle:

Obviously there arent any real "Experts" as no one knows exactly what ufo's are.However an open mind is much more understandable to a closed one.If we never seek, we never will find, instead of just saying "No" to everything.