Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NZ developed WOMD-Tsunami bomb

Big Bad Voodoo

The project was launched in June 1944 after a US naval officer noticed that blasting operations to clear coral reefs around Pacific islands sometimes produced a large wave, raising the possibility of creating a "tsunami bomb".

Explosive tests carried out in waters north of Auckland led scientists to conclude that the weapon was feasible and a series of 10 massive blasts offshore could create a 10-metre tsunami capable of inundating a small coastal city.

"It was absolutely astonishing," Waru said.

"First that anyone would come up with the idea of developing a weapon of mass destruction based on a tsunami ... and also that New Zealand seems to have successfully developed it to the degree that it might have worked.

http://news.ninemsn....-of-nz-archives

• Like 1

Didn't Bad Company 2 already show this in the single player? Where the Japanese launch a bomb which sweeps the escaping Americans submarine away? The aim of the game was to stop it happening in current period?

Isn't that a bit of a coincidence? A game has a story about the Japanese using a tsunami bomb, but in fact, America had? Isn't there rumours still going around that the Indonesian Tsunami was actually a covert-op test of such a device?

See, they want people to think, with this Anti Nuclear stance and all that, that they're peace loving and friendly, but in reality they too have ambitions for Global dominance. Everyone does.

Despite the fact that this plan or idea rather was based on bad intentions; I still think it's amazing to be able to harness the power of such an natural phenomena such as an tsunami..

Didn't Bad Company 2 already show this in the single player? Where the Japanese launch a bomb which sweeps the escaping Americans submarine away? The aim of the game was to stop it happening in current period?

Isn't that a bit of a coincidence? A game has a story about the Japanese using a tsunami bomb, but in fact, America had? Isn't there rumours still going around that the Indonesian Tsunami was actually a covert-op test of such a device?

Want more video games coincidences? One of most epic ones right here...Homefront...

[media=]

[/media]

Information about the game Here!

Edit : Sorry for going offtopic abit but this game presented an interesting view about events taking place or better events that might take place?

Edited by Nuke_em

Isn't there rumours still going around that the Indonesian Tsunami was actually a covert-op test of such a device?

Rumors? Sure. Any reality? No.

The Indonesian Tsunami is well known among geologists and such to have been caused by an act of nature.

See, they want people to think, with this Anti Nuclear stance and all that, that they're peace loving and friendly, but in reality they too have ambitions for Global dominance. Everyone does.

I hope this is sarcasim.

I have heard about this bomb years ago. In fact, i believe that a passage from someones diary or similar was used in an exam question for english literature. From what i know it was a tin pot operation which produced waves inches high instead of meters. Not really world domination material.

Not really world domination material.

I wonder how would you dominate over Tibet with tsunami bomb?

But if they have tech over 50 years ago you can imagine what they have now.

Also idea of causing natural disaster to destroy enemy is , as we now see, old. So when now someone said that huricanne was caused by HAARP I would stop for second.

• Like 2

Tsunami bomb? What about HAARP ffs!

I thought tsunami's were caused by movement of the tectonic plates,surely if you try to affect them it could cause a disaster of unimaginable proportions. Let me know if i'm wrong

I thought tsunami's were caused by movement of the tectonic plates,surely if you try to affect them it could cause a disaster of unimaginable proportions. Let me know if i'm wrong

Don't suppose it has to be, any underwater distrurbance would have the same effect. It's just a question of making a disturbance big enough.

• Like 1

I thought tsunami's were caused by movement of the tectonic plates...

You would be correct with respect to the Indonesian Tsunami. Very much correct.

There are othe natural causes of a Tsunami:

Such as a massive volcano eruption causing millions of tons of the volcano peripheral to break apart and suddenly crash into the ocean, as well as another known cause of a Tsunami created by massive glacial ice crashing into a bay of water.

But yes, The Indonesian Tsunami causation was exactly as you described; tectonic plate shifting.

Edited by pallidin

The Indonesian quake = natural disaster, but..and this is a "big butt" I do believe that the Japan tsunami could have been triggered by the placement of some type of bomb deep within the ocean, and possibly in an already fractured area of the ocean floor where trenches/ tectonic plates are known to be. We'll never know...or will we?

• Like 1

The Indonesian quake = natural disaster, but..and this is a "big butt" I do believe that the Japan tsunami could have been triggered by the placement of some type of bomb deep within the ocean, and possibly in an already fractured area of the ocean floor where trenches/ tectonic plates are known to be. We'll never know...or will we?

Who would have done that "bomb"?

Makes no sense at all, in my mind.

BTW, it takes many "bombs" spread-out over a very large area to cause that type of a tsunami.

No nation, or rouge group, has claimed that effect nor intention.

I'm sure they would have publicly exclaimed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, heard something like this last night.

If there are weapons that can influence nature, no doubt they are being used today.

Who would have done that "bomb"?

Makes no sense at all, in my mind.

BTW, it takes many "bombs" spread-out over a very large area to cause that type of a tsunami.

No nation, or rouge group, has claimed that effect nor intention.

I'm sure they would have publicly exclaimed it.

Bush would have. The CIA most certainly would. It crosses my mind that Obama would. China would.

I wonder how would you dominate over Tibet with tsunami bomb?

But if they have tech over 50 years ago you can imagine what they have now.

Also idea of causing natural disaster to destroy enemy is , as we now see, old. So when now someone said that huricanne was caused by HAARP I would stop for second.

In 2004, during Ramadan.

It's a miracle they didn't drop the bomb on us after the " under arm " incident :tu:

TiP.

We're seeking revenge by colonising Queensland. That and Australian wildlife is punishment enough.

We're seeking revenge by colonising Queensland. That and Australian wildlife is punishment enough.

Now now we gave you the possums as a favour and this is how you repay us :w00t:

TiP.