Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Difficult yet weird dream.

Insomnia

My information:

Name: Chris

Length: 5'11

Weight: 185 pounds

I've had this extremely weird dream. Let it be known that I lost my girlfriend who I was deeply in love with in a car accident, a few months ago. It was a long-distance relationship and I barely got any information so as it is right now, I can't say goodbye. Despite that she was far away, we did make it work by visiting each other every now and then. Life can be unfair. The person that I heard it all from and who was supposed to help me, was Liza, her colleague. But she hasn't been online since the 17th of November so it's not helping me in being depressed and coping with the loss that I have. I did know that she have some issues with her now ex-boyfriend named Jason who cheated on her twice and she just broke up with him. It's an unsolved puzzle with no clarity. Friends of mine even get strange looks due to the lack of information but to continue on what I said in the first sentence of this thread.

Here's the dream:

I'm sitting at this table with three other individuals. Looking around, I notice that I am sitting in the lunchroom of my teachers at school which is placed rather high up in the air on the highest floor of the College building. I look at the other people and I could describe them as the following:

The man:

A man in his 30's or 40's. He has brown hair that falls down over his eyes. His face is stubble as he appears that he hasn't shaved yet. He's rather slim- build and tall. I have to admit that he reminds me of some sort of a father- figure. This person says absolutely nothing.

The woman:

A woman in her 30's or 40's. She has black/dark-brown'ish hair that falls down over her shoulders. She has a rather worried and saddened expression on her face, as if she's about to break and start crying. She's also rather slim build but not as tall as the man and doesn't say anything either except for looking at me or around. Also reminding me of a mother- figure.

The boy:

Next to me, is a boy of my age, he has short spikey brown hair and has the nerdy- hipster look. He's wearing a pair of black reading glasses, a white button-up shirt with black stipples on it, a blue tie and a pair of black jeans.

The next thing that happens:

I look around to the people who sit at the table with me. The two adults in front of me, don't say anything. However, once I look next to me, I see the boy looking into my eyes with some sort of a smooth smile and he told me in a confident way that "Liza" just send him a text message on his mobile phone.

Being surprised, I quickly grabbed my own mobile phone, only to reveal that I had also gotten a text message from Liza. The text message said that she's coming to me soon. Afterwards, the boy get's called on his mobile phone and he stands up from his seat, holding his phone to his ear and saying that we are on the top/highest floor of the building. I questioned him if that was Liza and when she would be coming. He responded in a calm fashion and repeatedly said, "She's on her way. She's running up the stairway, right now." He put the mobile phone in the bag of his jeans again before turning his back again and calmly walking away from the location that we were placed at and I see him slowly fading away at the end of the hallway.

I look at my own phone once more, only to see that Liza is telling me that she's getting tired of running up the huge stairway. It's quite long and in this dream, we are located quite high up in the air. Once more, I stare at the two adults in front of me. Both of them still say nothing except for one looking at me focused and the other looking stressed and worried.

Filled with anxiety, I scroll through the menu of my mobile phone, only to have a pair of french fries with sauce appear onto the screen for some weird reason. I consider this to be awkward because I have quite good health and don't even consume fast food much. It could be appearing because I had ate french fries with the rest of my dinner that same day though.

I carefully slide my finger across one of the french fries on my screen and it magically appears into my fingers. I take a bite from it and it's just ready to be eaten. All of a sudden, an elder woman around the age of 50 or 60 with blonde hair and a lot of wrinkles on her face comes sitting next to me saying, "Oh, doesn't that look delicious! Care if I grab one?"

I don't really mind and I offer her to feel free to grab one as she pulls one out of the screen of my mobile phone and eats it. I pull my head out a little to look over her shoulder as I see someone running towards our location through the hallway. I try to recognize who it is but before this person has reached me, I woke up.

Have you ever had a dream with these characters before? I ask because I have many dreams involving 3 characters: an older man, a girlfriend type, and another guy my age (also a young boy in a recent dream). They have become helper/mentor types in my dreams, and your character types in your dream seem similar. I have come up with the idea that they are a part of me inside. Depending on who you ask, some might say they could be past reincarnations of yourself, or people you knew and were close to in past lives. Others will say they are just made up characters to display emotion or thoughts you have inside (similar to my original 'part of

me' idea). These are just a few ideas. Regardless, someone or something inside was thinking about your girlfriend, and was letting you know.

Most of my dreams were always individuals that I knew in my own personal life, these three, I have never seen in my personal life and this is the first time that I encountered them. They were interesting, to be honest. Especially, "the boy". I want to mention that he kind-of reminded me of myself when I didn't suffer from the loss of my significant other yet. I have a quite calm and laidback attitude when nothing terrible is going in my life and have the ability to solve complex situations rather well. I've been complimented by the company that I worked as an intern for in the Marketing and Advertising department that there is no stress in me and that I know how to strategically plan things carefully. Marketing and Adverting is also my course in College. The clothing style might come from the fact that I used to sometimes dress hipster-like during the night life/partying/festivals.

Edited by Insomnia

Added something to the above post. Sorry, for the double post!

Edited by Insomnia

Elder male and female are representing your feelings to mourn your loss, since you haven't had chance to do it, they appear reserved and sad. The girl you and young male are waiting for, relates to that feelings, because you expect this reconciliation with GF death to happen, and somehow it doesn't seem to come.

Elder woman that grabs a potato suggests that your GF wishes that you move on with life, that is still delicious, and that you should grab it while it is still warm. You will always have good memories for your GF, but it doesn't mean you should remain depressed.

• Like 1

Elder male and female are representing your feelings to mourn your loss, since you haven't had chance to do it, they appear reserved and sad. The girl you and young male are waiting for, relates to that feelings, because you expect this reconciliation with GF death to happen, and somehow it doesn't seem to come.

Elder woman that grabs a potato suggests that your GF wishes that you move on with life, that is still delicious, and that you should grab it while it is still warm. You will always have good memories for your GF, but it doesn't mean you should remain depressed.

I like this post. I consider it to be interesting to how you describe the characters and what they represent. I'm still having my question marks about The Boy though.

Edited by Insomnia

Most of my dreams were always individuals that I knew in my own personal life, these three, I have never seen in my personal life and this is the first time that I encountered them. They were interesting, to be honest. Especially, "the boy". I want to mention that he kind-of reminded me of myself when I didn't suffer from the loss of my significant other yet. I have a quite calm and laidback attitude when nothing terrible is going in my life and have the ability to solve complex situations rather well. I've been complimented by the company that I worked as an intern for in the Marketing and Advertising department that there is no stress in me and that I know how to strategically plan things carefully. Marketing and Adverting is also my course in College. The clothing style might come from the fact that I used to sometimes dress hipster-like during the night life/partying/festivals.

This is what struck me about my three recurring 'characters'. The only people I usually dream about is people I know. But these ones I don't know, yet feel a strong connection to, as if I have known them a long time. I still think the boy is you. If you get a feeling that something is some way in a dream, always pay attention to it.

And I'd be careful taking heed of anyone's detailed translation of your dream. Dreams are the epitome of personal, and outside translators just don't cut it, regardless of how thorough and sure they might seem. They just aren't in your mind.

This is what struck me about my three recurring 'characters'. The only people I usually dream about is people I know. But these ones I don't know, yet feel a strong connection to, as if I have known them a long time. I still think the boy is you. If you get a feeling that something is some way in a dream, always pay attention to it.

And I'd be careful taking heed of anyone's detailed translation of your dream. Dreams are the epitome of personal, and outside translators just don't cut it, regardless of how thorough and sure they might seem. They just aren't in your mind.

I agree. It's definetely cool that we share something in common. I'll try to see if I'm going to encounter these few characters some more. Perhaps, the boy is a part of my mind. We'll see. I've also been having lucid dreams every now and then but those happen rarely but they seem to appear more often.

Usually your dreams reflect things, emotions that are in your life. Maybe these people you said you've never saw are someone that you saw on TV or someone you just passed by in a store but just don't remember. Maybe the long stairway represents distance.