Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why havent we gone back to the Moon yet?

stevemagegod

Psy, It logical to look at what beneath our feet before toward the heavens, but there are still many unanswered questions.

There is, but to me, reaching for something unknown as an explanation reeks of something else we do called religion. Belief without reason. ET reminds me so very much of Greek Gods who hurled lightning bolts and pounded mighty hammers to make thunder. It was based on what one might pass of as reason, but it was not, it was pure imagination.

I really think we can do better than guess, but we have to be patient.

Maybe your sighting aren't the same as mine. Mine was during the day, so it wasn't just a point of light that I saw. While I can't be 100% sure it's ETs, but what it does seemed beyond human.

All of mine, including the suspected one were at night, but the UFO I saw in New Zealand was spectacular. I am sure they are all different, which leads me to reason that a great deal more about them is also different. Having a strong electrical background, I have seen some pretty amazing things, and I think a great deal of what I have read can be explained.

I honestly feel first contact will be via communications. It carries no risk and is of little cost. Not much to lose, but a great deal to possibly gain. Speed is as fast as it gets, no quarantine problems (which never, ever, make the grade in ET tales, but we know it is indeed a major concern) and cost is minimal. How can one lose? Not to mention the many advantages of calling ahead, like asking do you eat primates?

And Psy, I really hope you don't put any gov't on a pedestal as if they can do no wrong. There are many example that shown gov'ts can be deadly. Unfortunately, not everyone is like your sister. Some do follow order blindly. :no:

LOL, no fear there mate, rather the opposite. I think private enterprise would be far more capable of carrying out something such as is proposed. They have more money, more resources, no public to answer to and can select the cream of the academic crop. The Governments of the World as I said cannot even ground the Sea Shepard to begin whaling proposals with the Japanese. They hate each other, are jealous of each other, and want to scare each other. This mob could not keep ET under wraps for 60 years, they just are not good enough.

The people who work there are average people like you and I. They are human and make mistakes, and have dreams and fantasies too. Some are good, some are not to be trusted. Just like anyplace really, but in a fishbowl so to speak. I do not believe men and women who swear to protect you and I would kill us. I know too many of them over my life to believe that. And if it came down to trusting a digger or Stanton Friedman, Mr Friedman would not have a dog in the race.

For all non Aussies and Kiwis :D

david2442.jpg

Edited by psyche101

Well, it would be pretty cool to see a dust storm "live". Maybe we also get to see a martian :tsu:

I agree, yes it would, and we might get some good footage with Curiosity. The previous Rovers relied on Solar power, and a dust storm could not only last long enough to allow the batteries to expire, but cover the solar panels in so much dust that the batteries cannot recharge. Curiosity carries a nuclear battery to compensate. Spirit and Opportunity tended to avoid dust storms for self preservation. But hey, they got a lot more than the predicted 90 days out of them! :D

Martins, I dunno, if we do see one, it's going to be pretty small, I think the only life on Mars is the dust storms, as far as I know, it had the capability of supporting life in the past, but now it is more likely just one big fossil.

A three breasted lady would not go astray though...... ;)

Europa or Titan though.......... just maybe......

I hope we give the moon and Mars a break now that we seem to have them covered, maybe send a rover to the dark side of the moon or something, and then send something to those two for detailed study. Quite a mission, but suspected to be rewarding.

Edited by psyche101

No, not the same logic at all. UFO skeptics want scientific evidence, of which there is literally tons of for the Apollo landings. If you think the Command Module Columbia isn't hard evidence (which you can see with your very own eyes at the Smithsonian) you're not being skeptical, you're being cynical.

Actually there is TONS of evidence for UFOs and Alien Abduction. There is actually very little Apollo evidence. In fact NASA has LOST or the evidence got stolen straight out of NASA HQ.

• Like 1

So you are admitting that UFO does not = ET? If so, why does any UFO have to be ET?

UFOs by definition are a unidentified flying object. Its anything that YOU dont recognize at the time. So no it doesnt have to be ET all the time. In fact 90% of all UFO sightings can be debunked or explained naturally. However there's still that 10% of sightings that remain unexplained.

No, I don't expect it to be live like a car chase on the news. Some station even have like 5 second behind. :) . I was expecting a "live" stream for us to look at anytime. Well, like I said, maybe we haven't reach that point yet.

Do you realise what a complete waste of the already limited power the rover has to be broadcasting footage 24/7 hundreds of millions of kilometers back to earth?

At least with the moon landings there was stuff going on. Armstrong descending onto the surface, both astronauts walking on the surface, the lunar module taking off, etc. And even then the quality was fuzzy, low-definition, black and white and 10 frames per second. We had to wait until they returned and their photos were developed before we got a look at some really good quality pictures of on the moon.

Why would you waste the power supply of a rover on Mars to broadcast 24 hours a day footage of it driving around very slowly in a desert? What would that achieve?

Edited by Archimedes

UFOs by definition are a unidentified flying object. Its anything that YOU dont recognize at the time. So no it doesnt have to be ET all the time. In fact 90% of all UFO sightings can be debunked or explained naturally. However there's still that 10% of sightings that remain unexplained.

I agree, however, considering that the UFO phenomena surely has more than one answer, that 10% needn't include ET necessarily, we have quite a few options to consider. I find that often ET is pushed into places he does not belong. The two "believers" in the AA thread are prime examples of trying to force fit ET all the time in places he does not exist. It's a tad embarrassing to see apparent grown ups wondering over the most basic of processes, and attributing their ignorance to ET.

Without the Moon life wouldn't exist on Earth...

That's a good enough reason to go back!

Key word,or symbol that is $$$$$$$$$$ THe Moon waits for no one,And No one waits for the Moon ! Its always going to be there waiting for us. Now I read that NASA wants to grab a space rock to put it into orbit around the Moon?

I wonder whats on there minds ? Maybe there is Alien Life out there. And we need a Big Rock between us and them ?

Typical human isn't it? Always putting things where they don't belong. What exactly are they trying to do anyway? If their plan is to study the moon, wouldn't it be better to have a base on the moon? Instead, they try to capture a meteor, put it in orbit around the moon and build a base on it? Maybe all these extra steps is actually easier than landing on the Moon? :D Or maybe they just like to do thing the hard way :hmm:

Typical human isn't it? Always putting things where they don't belong. What exactly are they trying to do anyway? If their plan is to study the moon, wouldn't it be better to have a base on the moon? Instead, they try to capture a meteor, put it in orbit around the moon and build a base on it? Maybe all these extra steps is actually easier than landing on the Moon? :D Or maybe they just like to do thing the hard way :hmm:

I reckon we should stick a camera to a comet, or some other space travelling thing with a massive orbit, might be worth it, might not.....

Free space travel - HitchHiking the Galaxy :D

Edited by psyche101

• 8 months later...

I just want another country to go to the moon and take a picture of our flag

ask the Chinese and the Japanese then... they have both surveyed the moon, and the Chinese are putting a base there..they say!

China confirms plans for first Moon visit later this year. First a rover, next a taikonaut, then a colony

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/31/china_confirms_plans_for_first_moon_visit_later_this_year/

China Readying 1st Moon Rover for Launch This Year

http://www.space.com/21618-china-moon-rover-launch-2013.html

unfortunately by now the flag would have fallen apart. or faded so badly it would be hard to tell what it was..

• Like 1

deleted wrong post

Edited by seeder

By the way, which of the six flags did you actually mean? Heres one of them:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-19050795

_61904332_61904331.jpg

Actually there is TONS of evidence for UFOs and Alien Abduction. There is actually very little Apollo evidence. In fact NASA has LOST or the evidence got stolen straight out of NASA HQ.

Well said. It's just that in the face of evidence relating to certain subjects many would rather look the other way and pretend it wasn't there.

No one is Looking the other way "Z" we actually Look at the evidence and the Facts ! Do you have the Facts ? :no:

• Like 1

stevemagegod, on 07 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Well said. It's just that in the face of evidence relating to certain subjects many would rather look the other way and pretend it wasn't there.

I missed the evidence for such stolen evidence, where was it posted?

Or is it the old story, "The PROOF the evidence was stolen is that now nobody can find it."

• Like 2

stevemagegod, on 07 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

I missed the evidence for such stolen evidence, where was it posted?

Or is it the old story, "The PROOF the evidence was stolen is that now nobody can find it."

Well Jim, these CT nuts are life, but not as we know it!! beam us up Scotty! :lol:

Edited by seeder

so now youre branching out into the CT mindset? is there no limit to your talents? I'd have thought youd have some grown up ideas by now...

Seriously we haven't landed another Human on the Moon in 41 years. In that time frame are technology has become so much safer and better. Not to mention we have a international space station now which could be used as a Gas Station. To and from the Moon which we didn't have back then. Sure a Moon trip is pretty expensive but still why hasn't another country besides the US landed someone on the moon?

Why would it be a good investment to land another Man/Woman on the moon? What could be learned from it that would benefit mankind. I would rather see the money spent on something that is and would benefit mankind… Like free dental care.

Nope because aliens told us not to go back.

Oh, this again.

• Like 1

Because of poisonous rock spiders. Everybody knows that.

Edited by DecoNoir

Actualy there should be a solid reason going to the moon. That is the the best place to build a space ship that can go to explore farther planets without consuming so much fuel or fight earths gravity. A man base on moon is the most logical step and new challenge to explore