Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"The Fiscal Cliff" Responsibly Explained

Yamato

The mass media has once again successfully fooled almost everyone into believing that averting the "fiscal cliff" was the answer to our problems when that couldn't be further from the truth.

I'll add my own rant to Schiff's to maybe stir up some discussion about this video.

Going over the "cliff", and certainly this self-imposed politician-manufactured "cliff" we just heard so much about, was the only path to a real recovery. Yet it's remarkable how people have been fooled into thinking that spending cuts are equivalent to economic doom. Next to nobody wants to swallow the medicine. We're all having way too much fun borrowing off the future.

Applying government's logic about the economy to myself: If I was borrowing a million dollars a month my personal finances would be fantastic. It would be awful for my lifestyle if a month in the future came up when I couldn't borrow another million. Keep borrowing, keep printing, keep spending more than we can afford to pay, and somewhere over the rainbow we'll grow our way out of it. I wish I could connive the credit agencies with my magic printing press in the basement. Consumption is just the reward for production; overspending is not the end-all economic measure that our selfish entitlement holders have been perma-duped into believing.

It's now an obvious prediction that we're never going to solve our spending problem, it's more clear now than ever. I just don't know the timing of the collapse....how many more years is this immoral racket going to continue? If someone asked me five years ago I would have said we're less than five years away. Before I say that again now, I have to admit, it might be 10 years....15 years. When the national debt including unfunded liabilities exceeds $100 trillion, will that wake people up? I'm sure it won't. People must get hit hard personally before they wake up, and as we stand now, as far away from elections as we're ever going to be, the people, the government, the banking system, and the world is only interested in perpetual punting and debt creation. Central and foreign banksters who want nothing more than putting our people in their debt are now pulling every meaningful string in this economy The financial analysts on TV and the way they wait-on and flinch-at every move the Fed makes suggests our path is unavoidable and our eventual crash inevitable. I spend a lot of word count blaming the government, but the government is just a reflection of how brainwashed our people really are. Our votes are enough evidence to give away how entitled, selfish and clueless as a people we really are.

• Like 1

Yet it's remarkable how people have been fooled into thinking that spending cuts are equivalent to economic doom.

no they are concerned about themselves. 95 percent of the so-called "entitlements" go to over 65 and handicapped.

We're all having way too much fun borrowing off the future.

no during economic downturns, it's called deficit spending. It's not fun, but necessary.

Applying government's logic about the economy to myself:

no you cannot compare national economics to your personal finances.

no they are concerned about themselves. 95 percent of the so-called "entitlements" go to over 65 and handicapped.

no during economic downturns, it's called deficit spending. It's not fun, but necessary.

no you cannot compare national economics to your personal finances.

I'm not talking about the so-called entitlements, I'm talking about the real entitlements. The entitlements of the "too big to fail" corporations. Of General Motors pensioners on the federal taxpayers tab. Of the Military Industrial Complex, the Medical Industrial Complex, of this fascist marriage of big business and big government that our economy has become.

What economic downturn? We've had positive growth for years, and the selfish liberal gimme-gims want to keep borrowing massively and running up the debt anyway.

One reason they might not be able to be compared is because personal finances demand responsibility and national finances, with the false pretense of infinite borrowing, do not.