Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crime or not?

me-wonders

If a parking spot doesn't matter, the words of the self-proclaimed child in this incident, why did she feel the need to stand in a parking spot to save it for her friend? If it doesn't matter, then don't try to save a spot for someone. That shouldn't be allowed either. There are no tread marks from the tire so how, exactly was she run over? I see a black smudge high on her thigh which, as the woman's lawyer states, could've appeared there after brushing against a very dirty tire.

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure why the gal driving had to have that parking space so bad, looks like there were other spots open in the frame of the camera.

You can't expect to save a parking spot by standing in it and Lady Kasey is right it shouldn't be allowed.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it's a crime if one proceeds to hit another with their vehicle.

And yeah, whoever gets to the space first- with their vehicle- should have the choice.

If a parking spot doesn't matter, the words of the self-proclaimed child in this incident, why did she feel the need to stand in a parking spot to save it for her friend? If it doesn't matter, then don't try to save a spot for someone. That shouldn't be allowed either. There are no tread marks from the tire so how, exactly was she run over? I see a black smudge high on her thigh which, as the woman's lawyer states, could've appeared there after brushing against a very dirty tire.

Because her friend does matter. The young lady was doing something for a friend and this matters.

I do not see the logic in denying the woman used her car to force her own way. If the older were holding the spot for a friend, and the teenager used the car to make her move, I am confident everyone would accusing the teenager of a wrong. This older woman may get away with the wrong, because of her position in society, and this reality is ugly. This is about who has power and who does not. Social position of the powerful against the social position of the powerless, and this is what leads to these crimes. Believing one can get away with it.

You can't expect to save a parking spot by standing in it and Lady Kasey is right it shouldn't be allowed.

Why not? I sure as heck would not force someone to move with my car and think that is okay. And when we are separated it is pretty important to remain where the person you are separated from expects to have you.

Of course it would not be okay for someone to leave a baby in carriage in a parking space, but say if this did happen, would the person in a car have the right to use the car to push the carriage out of the space? If the person holding the space were a crippled older person, is it okay to drive into this person, to force this person to move. How about if it is just someone walking too slow down the lane? Can we drive into people to make them move faster? What if the person in the parking space has a bicycle or a motorcycle? Like what law says only those with cars can occupy the space, and it is okay to use your car to force others to move. Like during the race riots in southern California cars were used to make people flee, but I think we thought this was illegal.

Edited by me-wonders

The intentions of the young girl were good. To help a friend, a new mother get a desirable parking space. I have seen many carparks with a "pram only" parking sign. I don't believe saving this parking space is unjust for those reasons. Nor do I believe it is also justified to come barging in with a car where a person is in the way.

The woman who did this is clearly some power trip, "I do what I want" person. I hope the girl doesn't cop some negative bias after this being involved in that school system.

I think they were both in the wrong. Both acting like two spoiled kids on the playground, fighting over who get's the swing. Sorry...but they both need to grow the 'F' up, which is apparently not so in their cases.

There should be a law against stupidity.

OK, I have never heard of holding a parking space. So, yeah, the girl doesn't move, it in NO WAY give a woman with a vehicle a right to hit her. A person against a moving weapon? Uh-uh. Not acceptable IMO.

She should have pulled in slow, then beat the crap out of her and taught her a lesson.

No respect anymore, none.....

She should have pulled in slow, then beat the crap out of her and taught her a lesson.

No respect anymore, none.....

And what about repsect for the teenager? There were other parking spots that the woman could have pulled into.

And what about repsect for the teenager? There were other parking spots that the woman could have pulled into.

Sorry, if I pull into a large, crowded parking lot with my wife, or daughter :

1. I would not let them out to go find me a spot, and expect them to stand there and hold it.

2. I would not let someone stand in a spot that is open.

It is rude, very rude. It is also very fricken lazy! And that is what this world has come to, laziness, and no respect of others. Everyone is out for themselves.

Could you imagine what it would be like if everyone started doing this?.....Hell, I could make money holding spots for strangers. Start some kind of " hold a spot valet ".

Oh....

3. A parking lot is full of cars, and car parking. Walmarts have sidewalks and walkways for pedestrians. If you are stupid enough to think you can just stand around where cars drive, you are a idiot.

I am not saying she should have been hit ( that hard ), but she was in the wrong also. It is private property, so not much for " jaywalking " or anything like that.

I would love to see someone try to do this at a Oakland Raiders game.......

Edited by Sakari

Sorry, if I pull into a large, crowded parking lot with my wife, or daughter :

1. I would not let them out to go find me a spot, and expect them to stand there and hold it.

2. I would not let someone stand in a spot that is open.

It is rude, very rude. It is also very fricken lazy! And that is what this world has come to, laziness, and no respect of others. Everyone is out for themselves.

Could you imagine what it would be like if everyone started doing this?.....Hell, I could make money holding spots for strangers. Start some kind of " hold a spot valet ".

Oh....

3. A parking lot is full of cars, and car parking. Walmarts have sidewalks and walkways for pedestrians. If you are stupid enough to think you can just stand around where cars drive, you are a idiot.

I am not saying she should have been hit ( that hard ), but she was in the wrong also. It is private property, so not much for " jaywalking " or anything like that.

I would love to see someone try to do this at a Oakland Raiders game.......

And hitting them with your car is justified? Yes, it was wrong of her to stand there. But to use a car as a weapon is beyond ridiculous. She could have killed the young girl-for a parking spot?

• Like 1