Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 Startling Predictions Of Edgar Cayce

skywizard

I read an Edgar Cayce book many years ago, I think it was ‘There is a River’ (not sure, read many) where he supposedly correctly predicted the stock market crash and Great Depression of 1929, the beginning of World War II, and many Earth Changes.

I found these 10 Edgar Cayce predictions and thought I would share. He might have been referring to 12-21-12 in #6 and #10, (only my opinion):

1. The greater portion of Europe will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

2. There will be a shifting of the poles so that where there was once a cold climate will become warmer and the semitropical will become the more tropical. Moss and ferns and new foliage

will grow in places that seem strange to us now. As Cayce said: "The Earth is catching up with Time."

3. There will come a time when the sun will be darkened.

4. The city of Atlantis will be found near Bimini.

5. The records of Atlantis will be open to those that are the spiritual initiates in the knowledge of the One God.

6. A new field of science will be developed based on a psychic/spiritual phenomenon.

7. A "City of Gold" will be discovered in the Gobi Desert.

8. New York State's east coast and New York City itself will disappear.

9. America's west coast will be destroyed and The Great Lakes will drain into the Gulf of Mexico through the Mississippi River.

10. Cayce envisioned that a time would come when all individuals would realize their responsibility toward one another; this will be a realization that will change the mass-thought of humanity. Cayce predicted there will be three profound archeological discoveries of a very ancient and important nature that will revolutionize the way we understand human origins. Cayce stated that this will occur when humanity reaches a higher level of spirituality. He predicted a new era of peace and enlightenment will follow the tremendous Earth changes. Cayce foresaw a new era of enlightenment and peace for humanity in the future and a unified field of energy that would someday shift the consciousness field of humanity.

“Prophecy is never given for any other purpose than as a warning. For this reason, a successful prophecy is one that has been averted and therefore does not happen."

Peace

-skywizard

Edited by skywizard
  • Like 1

I've never placed any stock in predictions, especially ones like #10. While I'd certainly love to see humanity follow a peaceful, enlightened path the reality is... not any time soon.

• Like 2

Edgar Casey in my opinion was a better prophet than Nostradamus. Nostradamus stuff was hard to make sense out of, it can be read to mean anything.

I've never placed any stock in predictions, especially ones like #10. While I'd certainly love to see humanity follow a peaceful, enlightened path the reality is... not any time soon.

Like the saying says, give an infinite number of monkeys typewriters and given enough time one of them will write a best seller.

Edgar Cayce, the Atlantipedia knows more on him:

http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/cayce-edgar-2/

Such as: "reveals that Cayce seemed to have had a photographic memory and worked for up to fifteen years in a bookstore where, no doubt, he had access to the the works of Donnelly, Steiner, Blavatsky and others. The terminology employed by those writers is frequently used by Cayce in his ‘readings’!"

Cayce is to Blavatsky as Rome is to Greece.

There is no need for Cayce if you read Blavatsky, and at least she did not have weird trances and imagine she was some ancient Egyptian. So ta ta, Ra Ta

“Prophecy is never given for any other purpose than as a warning. For this reason, a successful prophecy is one that has been averted and therefore does not happen."

I like Cayce, to some degree, but that above statement, be it from him or you, is the biggest load of BS I've heard in a long time.

With that statements bizzarre logic, I could predict ANYTHING, and if it did not come to pass, claim that my prediction was in fact successful.

Come-on, give me a break. Such BS.

I like Cayce, to some degree, but that above statement, be it from him or you, is the biggest load of BS I've heard in a long time

So true... not from me though, I started not to include it in fact I think I will edit. (sorry can't find where to edit now)

Edited by skywizard
  • Like 1

Cayce's best prediction is when he fell realy ill and predicted that he would soon be miraculously healed, which he was when he died three days later. After all the dead dont feel pain. :whistle:

• Like 4

This one "came true," though Atlantis wasn't found. Some beachrock was "found" (it was already known) that was claimed to be part of Atlantis.

However, the "find" was forced. That is, Cayce's prediciton was that sometime near the end of the 1960's (he may have named the year - 1968 I believe it was) this would come about and, low and behold, in the late sixties it did.

What you're never told is that Cayce's group, the A.R.E., combed the area for months trying to make the prediction come true. All they could find was a small section of beachrock off Bimini. They've been promoting it ever since as if it was a random find that occured in "exactly the year it was predicted!!! :o "

Harte

Well, all you need to do is read the original Sleeping Prophet from '67 and compare it with a current edition... you will be shocked at all that did NOT happen.

I find this prediction especially silly because if you already know in advance where to look how is it then possible to wait some more decades until you really find it?

Oh Gee was raised on Cayce, my Dad was one of the very frist members of the ARE, I have his individual reference files and we knew a women that had a reading. In my opinion Cayce`s trances were visions of what was all ready written about Atlantis and Lumeria by reading previous books, and was not Plato`s Atlantis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Dweller_in_Two_Planets

What about the medical diagnosis and cures, how did he pull that off? That's what I can't figure out. Anybody ever figure out his trick?

• Like 1

What about the medical diagnosis and cures, how did he pull that off? That's what I can't figure out. Anybody ever figure out his trick?

He was mostly known for his medical readings... that was my sub-header or what ever you call it. I'd like to hear that too.

I think he did about 9000 but I'm not sure.

~skywizard

Most of the cures were old fashion remedies.:)

Greater portion of Europe changing in a twinkle of a eye is Europe changing their way of thinking. He also left it open for the rest of eternity in a way.

If Atlantis will be found near Bimini and the records of Atlantis will be open to those that are the spiritual initiates of the knowledge of one God contradicts itself some. That's saying were going to find basically nothing that says it's Atlantis. Where's Plato and I assume others come into this? The whole idea of Bimini road as it stands now in my opinion is just a clue to our Universes existence.

A city of Gold to be found in the Gobi desert appears possible at first thought. China keeps a lot of things to themselves and keeps people out. I'd say it's Cayces opinion or idea of what a City of Gold is. I don't know yet. Sure, it could be false. I personally like the idea of Michael Crichtons lost city of Zinj that Tim Curry has looked for his entire life.

I believe New York City and its East coast can disappear as in changing almost every type of building and road(civilization). The water level rose recently and lost a milimeter hence it disappeared. Also a bunch of nuclear bombs can hit the place. It's not going to happen.

Americas West coast will be destroyed maybe in a way by hurricanes, tsuamis, volcanoes and earthquakes and humans ourselves. Also by nuclear weapons(are stupid - that's a entirely new discussion).

Doesn't the Great Lakes already empty into the Mississippi then to the Gulf of Mexico river in a way already and for a long time?

We discovered enough already to explain what Cayce said at #10.

As to the shifting of poles and everything else that happens after, as time would explain to me, it's possible.

Edited by kampz

"He was mostly known for his medical readings"

In some circles he's mostly known for missing the Second World War. Entirely.

• Like 1

In some circles he's mostly known for missing the Second World War. Entirely.

lol

Edited by kampz

Quote" Doesn't the Great Lakes already empty into the Mississippi then to the Gulf of Mexico river in a way already and for a long time?"

Most of the emptying of the Great Lakes is via the St Lawrence Seaway straight to the northern Atlantic.

• Like 1

Most of the cures were old fashion remedies. :)

Yeah, some of his recommendations were, but some of it was way the hell out there in bizzaro world and they supposedly worked. Most critics call it pure quackery in alternative medicine. As bizarre as some of his methods were, I just don't understand how these unheard of methods could of healed people. Unless all of his clients were lying or every one of them had the placebo effect take place, which is really a long shot with that many clients; over more than a thousand from what I read.

• Like 1

He didn't.

He always had a medical doctor with him. In practically every "reading," he mentions at least five or six different anatomical systems in the human body.

If the person being "read" was later diagnosed, or died of, failure of one of these systems, the ARE counts it as a successful reading.

Harte

He didn't.

He always had a medical doctor with him. In practically every "reading," he mentions at least five or six different anatomical systems in the human body.

If the person being "read" was later diagnosed, or died of, failure of one of these systems, the ARE counts it as a successful reading.

Harte

You beat me to it dammit. I was about to post that too. The ARE counts quite a bit as 'successful" and aren't shy of "helping" it to become true when needed.

He didn't.

Harte

Aaah-Ha! Didn't know or think of that. It all makes sense now. Thanks Harte.

You beat me to it dammit. I was about to post that too. The ARE counts quite a bit as 'successful" and aren't shy of "helping" it to become true when needed.

Slowpoke! That'll learn ya! I've seen turtles move faster than you. Get a fringin' move-on next time, fella.

(Naw I kid ya Searcher, lol, but thanks anyway.)