Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swedish man gets disability benefits

OverSword

That's it! I'm moving to Sweden where my condition is recognized.

From the article:

In Sweden, a headbanger has succeeded in having his heavy metal music obsession declared an addiction that requires state disability benefits.

Roger Tullgren, 42, a heavily tattooed metal head who works as a dishwasher in southern Sweden, said he consulted three psychologists to receive statements testifying to the extent of his heavy metal music dependency, reports the Local, a Swedish news website.

“I have been trying for 10 years to get this classified as a handicap,” he told the Local.

"I spoke to three psychologists and they finally agreed that I needed this to avoid being discriminated against."

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/sweden-heavy-metal-music-addiction-disability-benefits

member_3897189.jpg?version=228

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

Sitting on your rear end is an addiction too and I need disability benefits because I just can't seem to stop doing it.

• Like 2

Me too ! Sweden ,here I come ! Give me lots of money ,so I can buy more CDs !

A co-worker googled him and everyone at work is falling off thier chairs because this guy could be my brother. Take off his facial hair and we're twins! Too efing funny!

• Like 2

In the USA,you can have no arms,a broken back ,and unable to speak,and they still deny disability .

We haven't a prayer .

• Like 2

Just literally bang your head enough times in front of any psychologist, while playing this tune, your bound to eventually get disability.

[media=]

[/media]

Note the side effects, though: Massive headaches and skull fractures.

• Like 2

This is ridiculous, all it does is make a mockery of people who DO need disability benefits. I fail to see how this is damaging his life, or causing him to be discriminated against anymore than any other person out there.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore -.-

Just literally bang your head enough times in front of any psychologist, while playing this tune, your bound to eventually get disability.

[media=]

[/media]

Note the side effects, though: Massive headaches and skull fractures.

I love that schitt now can I have a free room with a playstation Oh f ya bang your head

I love that schitt now can I have a free room with a playstation Oh f ya bang your head

Well now, that depends............

Are you axe grinder, a piledriver?

Does your mother say that you never never mind her?

Got no brains and insane?

Does your teacher say that your one big pain?

Are you like a laser 6-streamin' razor?

Got a mouth like an alligator?

Want it louder and more power?

Wanna rock everybody till it strikes the hour?

Are you remonstrated and outdated?

Do you really want to be over-rated?

Are you finder and a keeper?

Not a loser and ain't no weeper?

You got the boys, to make the noise?

Won't ever let up?

And hope it annoys everybody?

Wanna join the pack and fill the crack?

Because now you're here there's no way back.

Well then, might as well.......

Bang your head! Metal Health'll drive you mad!

*bangs fist on table* :w00t: HELL YEAH! You can have a free room with a playstation!

P.S. The nice men in white coats will come and get you shortly. :devil: Don't go anywhere...........

People that don't need benefits, get them, while those who need benefits, are never given them.

I hate this cruel system of things.

This is ridiculous, all it does is make a mockery of people who DO need disability benefits. I fail to see how this is damaging his life, or causing him to be discriminated against anymore than any other person out there.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore -.-

After all is said and done I quite agree with that...

However in your honest opinion do you think people with Asperger's are worthy of disability benefits?

I'm asking because I feel such a fraud receiving £80 a month when I'm no worse off than a fit person.

Though I have to admit I'm not the most motivated person you'll ever likely to see.

Who's to say this guy hasn't got a brain disorder through head-banging and is making an honest claim?

However there's the little detail of it being self-inflicted...

Edited by Medium Brown

My partner is on disability benefits, and doesn't look like he has a disability so I know that things aren't always as they seem. However, I don't see how his heavy metal 'addiction' causes him to be discriminated against. He sounds like he needs therapy, but disability benefits? It just sounds like his so called addiction is being enabled, and I find that ridiculous

My partner is on disability benefits, and doesn't look like he has a disability so I know that things aren't always as they seem. However, I don't see how his heavy metal 'addiction' causes him to be discriminated against. He sounds like he needs therapy, but disability benefits? It just sounds like his so called addiction is being enabled, and I find that ridiculous

It's not just Aspergers that you can't discern at first sight.

It's very difficult to tell whether a epilethic is going to have a fit or a diabetic's blood sugar has gone down.

Because one minute they act normally and the next they need urgent medical assistance.

Aspergers has a rule isn't really a medical condition and I don't deserve the benefits as much.

Even deaf and dumb people can pass as normal if you don't hear them speak or spot their hearing aid.

Disability dosn't always have to be just guys in wheelchairs and people with missing limbs.

So in all honesty I can't see what category of disability this guy fits in.

He has no signs of these conditions so he's just after a big pay day without any effort whatsoever.

I can't imagine what would happen if he brought stage diving into the mix.

Edited by Medium Brown