Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] I am a soul in hell

markdohle

I an assuming this is an original... nice work... Dark.

Yeah it is, I am scary to some of my friend, but harmless ;-). Thank you.

peace

mark

I think this is a topic purely for attacking athiests and glorifying christianity. You are supposed to love your enemies.

Simply loving someone alone does not change the nature of sin. We can love atheists and therefore also strongly disagree.

Edited by AquilaChrysaetos

Simply loving someone alone does not change the nature of sin. We can love atheists and therefore also strongly disagree.

Exactly what sin are you talking about?

Exactly what sin are you talking about?

Dude, there's just too many to count... Although the primary one being the refusal to worship Jesus Christ...

Dude, there's just too many to count... Although the primary one being the refusal to worship Jesus Christ...

What does not worshiping him have anything to do with sin?

Edited by HavocWing
  • Like 2

Yeah it is, I am scary to some of my friend, but harmless ;-). Thank you.

peace

mark

I think you have a real talent, do you recite at poetry slams? This poem would recite well. You should look into it.

Edited by Lava_Lady

I think you have a real talent, do you recite at poetry slams? This poem would recite well. You should look into it.

I never thought of that. I have seem them, they are good. Thank you for your input my friend. May be too old though, most are young, I am 64....an age I am very happy to be in by the way ;-).

peace

mark

I am a soul in hell

In a place of cold unloving I reside,

my inner being delights in hate,

love is a flame that causes me pain,

so I prefer the dark and aloneness.

I hate all who are in the light,

detesting the happiness that they have,

wishing only that they join me

in my eternal rage turned within,

they being here

giving me something to batter,

to relieve this everlasting

building of inner hate.

How I wish to have the good to torture,

those pious fools who love God and light,

whose very presence blinds and suffocates my soul,

if only there was a deeper darkness to go.

I was not sent,

I flung myself here,

my true home my refuge,

from that light that beckons me

that I can’t abide in.

I regret nothing,

repentance is not for me,

my place is here

for eternity,

Care to join me?

This is about one particular person right, y'know a fictional character? Because from the lines I've highlighted , you make this character out to be nothing more than a douche who only cares for themselves and seems to love hurting people. Surely it cannot be from the P.O.V of every hell bound soul? Because if it is I'd say it's a prejudiced and nasty piece of writing since we must consider that there are plenty of good Atheists and people from other religions than your own that, according to the bible are hell bound or at the very least not worthy of Jesus'/Gods' presence.

Are you saying that an Atheist/person from another religion is incapable of love or happiness, that they all detest the good in the world and are teeming with rage and hate? Of course, if it's just a fictional poem based around a character you've created then the questions don't matter.

Also, I read on page 2 that this was in part a reply to my question of being able to enjoy paradise with the knowledge that those you love are in eternal suffering/damnation. Fro the language of the poem it appears that this person you've placed in hell likes it and wants it and actually refers it over heaven but how is that a reply to the question, I doubt everyone in hell is loving it which gives the Saved the incentive to enjoy paradise. It doesn't matter to me if my loved ones wanted hell, i'd still be pretty annoyed that they were in eternal pain while I was living it up.

Edited by Sean93

This is about one particular person right, y'know a fictional character? Because from the lines I've highlighted , you make this character out to be nothing more than a douche who only cares for themselves and seems to love hurting people. Surely it cannot be from the P.O.V of every hell bound soul? Because if it is I'd say it's a prejudiced and nasty piece of writing since we must consider that there are plenty of good Atheists and people from other religions than your own that, according to the bible are hell bound or at the very least not worthy of Jesus'/Gods' presence.

Are you saying that an Atheist/person from another religion is incapable of love or happiness, that they all detest the good in the world and are teeming with rage and hate? Of course, if it's just a fictional poem based around a character you've created then the questions don't matter.

Also, I read on page 2 that this was in part a reply to my question of being able to enjoy paradise with the knowledge that those you love are in eternal suffering/damnation. Fro the language of the poem it appears that this person you've placed in hell likes it and wants it and actually refers it over heaven but how is that a reply to the question, I doubt everyone in hell is loving it which gives the Saved the incentive to enjoy paradise. It doesn't matter to me if my loved ones wanted hell, i'd still be pretty annoyed that they were in eternal pain while I was living it up.

The poem has nothing to do with you are asking me. I judge no one, nor do I have God figured out, though I am a Christian, grace is open to everyone, in the end we all choose, but perhaps at a level that no one understands, only God. The poem could be about me, if I choose to go against love and decide to hate. We create ourselves, God's grace heals it.

Peace

mark

The poem has nothing to do with you are asking me. I judge no one, nor do I have God figured out, though I am a Christian, grace is open to everyone, in the end we all choose, but perhaps at a level that no one understands, only God. The poem could be about me, if I choose to go against love and decide to hate. We create ourselves, God's grace heals it.

Peace

mark

Thanks. I was just wondering if it was 'just a poem'...I thought it was your opinion of all hell-bound peoples...

Edited by Sean93

Thanks. I was just wondering if it was 'just a poem'...I thought it was your opinion of all hell-bound peoples...

I think in my own poor way, that I was trying to show that God is not the problem, no one is sent to hell, we chose, we create ourselves by our actions, so hell becomes the one there, it is a state of being. I don't try to figure out who goes there, I pray that none do, it is a doctrine that I believes calls us to deeper study and understanding, not some simple idea that makes hell into some kind of a prison that people are forced into. When I look into my heart, I see the posibility of become a being that is 'hell'....it is healing and grace that calls all without exception to fuller life.

peace

mark

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 3

I never thought of that. I have seem them, they are good. Thank you for your input my friend. May be too old though, most are young, I am 64....an age I am very happy to be in by the way ;-).

peace

mark

I don't think you are too old but I understand that the younger crowd might be too intense, they usually are for me...lol Maybe you can start one in your community. I love performance literature and spoken word, I took a coda at the local community college and it was tons of fun. :)

• Like 1

I don't think you are too old but I understand that the younger crowd might be too intense, they usually are for me...lol Maybe you can start one in your community. I love performance literature and spoken word, I took a coda at the local community college and it was tons of fun. :)

Intensity changes as we age. It does not get weaker, perhaps just more inward..... as death approaces, I believe most people become more introspective and thoughtful.

You sound like a very interesting person, you represent your age group well.

peace

mark

• Like 1

What does not worshiping him have anything to do with sin?

Uhh, pretty much everything... If you don't worship him, you're choosing to follow the sin nature. I'm not trying to insult you, that is just pretty much the entire essance of the Christian belief. Christ died to save us from our sins because we're all incredibly sinful. If you don't follow him, you don't get any forgiveness and all your sins count against you. Not to mention the very failure to worship him is a sin, and quite possibly the biggest one of them all.

btw, the whole "seven deadly sins" referance is useless to me since the entire concept was created by imperfect man, not Christ...

• Like 1

What does it matter if the OP's intended self-imposed victim is in hell? One who takes joy in the suffering of others deserves everything they get in this world, or the next.

I think it's a poam. A piece of expression. We have the militant atheist, the hard atheists, the soft atheists, now the emergence of the paranoid atheist.

No Parinoid athiest....a deep thinker, taking Pascals Wager

One more point, in hell, there is no place to escape to, that is reality for them, what they are, not a place where they are.

peace

mark

as Lazauus and the rich man parable? That is what I read/saw in your writing Mark, which by the way I believe is epic. :nw: """And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’""". The "Chasm" between the bosom of Abraham & the others?

• Like 1

Uhh, pretty much everything... If you don't worship him, you're choosing to follow the sin nature. I'm not trying to insult you, that is just pretty much the entire essance of the Christian belief. Christ died to save us from our sins because we're all incredibly sinful. If you don't follow him, you don't get any forgiveness and all your sins count against you. Not to mention the very failure to worship him is a sin, and quite possibly the biggest one of them all.

btw, the whole "seven deadly sins" referance is useless to me since the entire concept was created by imperfect man, not Christ...

I believe the ONLY thing we take with us when "the silver chord parteth & we return to the dust" ( Ecc. 12 ), are our sins. Unrepented sins. Pride, and our vanity. In doing so we do "fling ourself into hell". I believe that is why we repent daily of our sin, or better yet do not do them

I feel like each time I commit those 7 deadly sins that the Bible tells us God despises, I have flung myself hellbound. And I do commit those sins, probably daily if I think hard enough... :hmm:

as Lazauus and the rich man parable? That is what I read/saw in your writing Mark, which by the way I believe is epic. :nw: """And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’""". The "Chasm" between the bosom of Abraham & the others?

One way of looking at it is the metaphor of 'fire'. The fire of God's love, the fire of the Holy Spirit, the fire of Purgatory and the fire of Hell are one and the same, it is all relationship, the fire is love, it is always there, what we become thought our own choices will decide how we experience it.....so yes the could be a "Chasm". . If open to love, though there may be much that may still risist it, is what Purgatory is, a fire that heal and cleanses.

Nice comment my friend

peace

Mark

• Like 1

I believe the ONLY thing we take with us when "the silver chord parteth & we return to the dust" ( Ecc. 12 ), are our sins. Unrepented sins. Pride, and our vanity. In doing so we do "fling ourself into hell". I believe that is why we repent daily of our sin, or better yet do not do them

I feel like each time I commit those 7 deadly sins that the Bible tells us God despises, I have flung myself hellbound. And I do commit those sins, probably daily if I think hard enough... :hmm:

The Seven Deadly Sins are not called out in the bible. There are claimed to be sins but they aren't listed out like that. They were written and listed by some man (the name of which escapes me atm) and were suddenly considered true. I personally don't believe in ranking any sin in accordance of severity. You shouldn't worry about doing something like that. As long as you hold on to and try your best at carrying out Christ's word, the last thing that should be on your mind is you being hellbound. Trust me, you do that then you're fine.

Intensity changes as we age. It does not get weaker, perhaps just more inward..... as death approaces, I believe most people become more introspective and thoughtful.

You sound like a very interesting person, you represent your age group well.

peace

mark

Oh lol I'm very immature for my age, I'm in my 40s.