Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Member - Hello Everyone

soulpowertothenthdegree

Just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone! I look forward to sharing and learning! I have many interests and I enjoy friendly exchanges with like minded individuals. I have been a contributor at other sites and I am looking for a different experience. I am not sure if that is possible here or not. Other sites seem to gravitate to a negative behavior permeated by hatred and bashing. I have not done any research into this behavior here. Rather I, will keep an open mind and wait and see.

I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. It seems that with the anonymous nature of the internet and the privilege to do so available to a wide range of ages, ethnicities, intelligence and maturity, comes with a caveat, "Caveat emptor"; let the buyer beware. This usually applies to real estate transactions, but I use it as anology here for my own benefit as well as yours.

Whether you are the buyer or seller you have to be careful not to be emotionally controlled by the behavior of others. I have seen reactions to hatred combatted by more hatred. This is how wars start in real life. This is how simple arguments become fist fights. Ego, rather than self esteem, becomes the controlling factor.

We are all responsible for our behavior and I will leave you with this one last parting bit of advice that I use every day in every decision I make no matter how mundane it may seem to be:

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS)

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE CONTROL OVER (ME, MYSELF & I)

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE THE TWO.

Thanks and take care.

Soul

• Like 1

Welcome. Thank you for the pearls of wisdom, and I hope we'll all be able to live up to your high standards!

Thank you. My expectations are my own. I will allow for others to be themselves. Not for me to judge whether or not your standards are the same as mine rather it is for me to not expect specific behavior from others at any time. Even reasonable expectations have a varying degree by each individual. I will however judge those by their actions for that is all I can be certain of. High standards are different for each individual as well. I simply try to treat others with respect and hope for the same in return.

" 'Twas the merest flippancy for my part, sweet prince. A lightness of heart and touch shall endear thee most unto the roiling masses, rather than the dead hand of proper righteousness."

(W.Shakespeare - Two Gentlemen of Verona Act II Scene 3)

I did not take offense. Just wanted to clarify my intentions.

• Like 1

Welcome!

True words, welcome to UM :)

Thanks. Looking forward to sharing and learning.

Welcome!

LOL. Thanks.

Welcome! Hellvua user name, btw. It rocks!

Hey, guess what! I'm a newbie too.. hungry for mysteries to satisfy my insatiable curiosity.

and it killed the cat, but not me. :)

Cheers!

Hey, guess what! I'm a newbie too.. hungry for mysteries to satisfy my insatiable curiosity.

and it killed the cat, but not me. :)

Cheers!

Well welcome to you too. I wrote a thread in the weird forum about my cat MJ. She triggered a repressed memory. Have a read. I also wrote a thread about me in the ufo area.

Hello and welcome to UM to the both of you. A lot of good conversation to be had in here. Enjoy.

Hello and welcome to UM to the both of you. A lot of good conversation to be had in here. Enjoy.

Thanks kindly. So far the response has been delightful.

• Like 1

Well this looks promising...

Welcome to the carnival of horrors.

Well this looks promising...

Welcome to the carnival of horrors.

Thanks, I think? Be sure and find the threads I have written and give me any feedback.

Thanks, I think? Be sure and find the threads I have written and give me any feedback.

Will do.