Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Using ice to fix glacial melting

LadyW8tn41

Can ANYone!!! explain to me why we aren't making a LOT of ice and shipping it to the poles and the glaciers to re-stock the ice that is melting?

It seems fairly simple to me.

If ALL the countries of the world got together and used their full manufacturing capacity to make ice to ship to the places it is needed

--just THINK of the jobs that would create--

we could have a steady stream of ships going to drop loads and loads of ice where it is needed! Even air drops could be employed. WHY in the H aren't we DOING anything to FIX the problems of our Earth--instead of just lamenting them?

What good is "science and technology" if we cannot use what we know to FIX Earth's problems?

If it's broke FIX it--if it aint--DON'T!

For the same reason we can't stock ozone.. It's too big of a problem. Bringing ice to the glaciers as a way to solve the issue is like trying to patch up a leak in a dam with bubblegum. The ice would just melt as we're stocking it...

• Like 1

Seems what you are suggesting is fixing the symptoms, not the cause. Making Ice to restock the poles would not prevent the ice from melting. It would be much like leaving the icemaker on in a freezer, yet having the door open.

• Like 1

You aren't getting it. Restocking the poles with ice wouldn't help because the temperature there wouldn't keep the ice frozen. You'd have to keep piling and piling and it would just be like pouring more freshwater into the poles, which is making it warmer up there anyway.

But I am talking about the FULL manufacturing capacity of ALL the Earth sending a STEADY and constant STREAM of billions of tons of ice!!!!!!!!!

It's industry and greenhouse gases causing the climate change. First of all, replacing the ice won't cure the cause. Any ice replaced at the poles would still melt.

In fact, it would melt at an accelerated rate. Because you would be producing millions of tons of carbon dioxide emissions to generate and ship millions of tons of ice to the regions just aggravating the whole situation.

But I am talking about the FULL manufacturing capacity of ALL the Earth sending a STEADY and constant STREAM of billions of tons of ice!!!!!!!!!

Cause the African nations totally want to devote their resources to this.

• Like 1

lets see, how many refrigerators would we need to restock 2 trillion tons when each refrigerator supplies 20 Oz. of ice?

What about dry ice? It could help to re-freeze areas it is dropped, couldn't it?

Dry Ice is solid CO2, which sublimes from a solid to a gas above -109 F or so at atmospheric pressure. If anything this would worsen the problem with the released C02.

Cause the African nations totally want to devote their resources to this.

I don't think any nation would.

• Like 1

Can ANYone!!! explain to me why we aren't making a LOT of ice and shipping it to the poles and the glaciers to re-stock the ice that is melting?

It seems fairly simple to me.

If ALL the countries of the world got together and used their full manufacturing capacity to make ice to ship to the places it is needed

--just THINK of the jobs that would create--

we could have a steady stream of ships going to drop loads and loads of ice where it is needed! Even air drops could be employed. WHY in the H aren't we DOING anything to FIX the problems of our Earth--instead of just lamenting them?

What good is "science and technology" if we cannot use what we know to FIX Earth's problems?

If it's broke FIX it--if it aint--DON'T!

Your ideas are so absurdly naive that I have to assume you are a troll here to wind us up.

Br Cornelius