Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eight Smart Gun Bills Introduced On Day One

ninjadude

soviets never invaded poland in 1939, or any other year. nazis did, they never had a list of gun owners, there was no such list in 1939 poland, and it would not be needed anyway since nazis were going agains polish military. nobody from 1939 poland was sent to gulag,

not just that, you could have rifles and shotguns legaly in ussr up untill its collapse, one had to be regestered hunter, and could legaly owned (had to regester) a shotgun, anywhere in ussr, exseptions were siberia regions, where ppl were allowed to have sks carabine (assult rifle by usa standarts), and .22 rifles. no handguns thou, only cops\army, and armed guards were allowed to carry pistols.

Edited by aztek

soviets never invaded poland in 1939, or any other year. nazis did, they never had a list of gun owners, there was no such list in 1939 poland, and it would not be needed anyway since nazis were going agains polish military. nobody from 1939 poland was sent to gulag,

Absolutely frickin unbelievable!!! What is the significance of the date 17 Sept, 1939? The Soviets took control of the government offices which contained gun registration information and those that had a gun were considered a threat and were deported to Siberia. I would like you to meet my Father-in-Law. Please tell him that he didn’t get shipped off to Siberia. Tell him that he didn’t lose hearing in one of his ears because of the cold. Tell him that while they sojourned in Africa that he didn’t get malaria. Tell him that he didn’t experience the hardships he did – and survived. Please tell him that and see if you survive. I don’t recall the actual numbers but from about 1.3 million Poles sent to Siberia only about 400,000 thousand lived. When I get home, I will post to youtube a film I have (if it isn’t already there). In fact, we were visiting him during Christmas and he had acquired another film called Katyn that we watched. I can’t begin to explain that film without going into a rage except that it is Polish made, so you have to read subtitles. But it’s about how the Polish officer corps and intelligentsia were dealt with. So please, continue to tell me and the rest of us that it didn’t happen – OK! I’m going to voluntarily *snip* the rest.

not just that, you could have rifles and shotguns legaly in ussr up untill its collapse, one had to be regestered hunter, and could legaly owned (had to regester) a shotgun, anywhere in ussr, exseptions were siberia regions, where ppl were allowed to have sks carabine (assult rifle by usa standarts), and .22 rifles. no handguns thou, only cops\army, and armed guards were allowed to carry pistols.

And? Poland wasn’t Russian then. You are so politically unaware.

Chicago hasn't fared so well with all their gun laws.

Gun Laws will never stop school/mass shootings.

Just more feel-good BS that won't solve the real problem.

Glad to see it isn't just me that has noticed the media blowing out as much sunshine as they can as of late. I about died laughing when they proudly announced 155,000 new jobs have been added. Oh really princess goofball, and how many jobs were lost? Idiots.

Adam Lanza successfully ignored every one of these provisions, so what's "smart" about them? Only the politics, that they were dragged out in the wake of Sandy Hook when it was PC to "do something!". Again, legal citizens will jump through these regulations as well as pay for them on the back end; criminals will ignore the law and evade paying for their crimes as that's what criminals do. This bill wastes the resources (time and money) of good people because of their purchase decisions.

An easy vote, No is.

• Like 2

soviets never invaded poland in 1939, or any other year. …

The film is called “A Forgotten Odyssey”. It was on youtube but was taken down by the copyright holder. So I won’t try to put it up myself. If you desire to learn about this period then see if you can order the video. The following link may help (http://www.derekcrowe.com/post.aspx?id=31). From other sources, it could have been as many as 2.5 million Poles were deported.

Also get Katyn. Taking both in gives you an inkling of what these people went through, how they were betrayed by the world and how one way a people lose power of their own destiny by a government. These people will tell you about liberty and freedom and how we are losing them here. These Eight Unsmart Gun Bills are more about taking away our liberties than protecting us. Uhmmm, that sounds like a quote???

Edited by RavenHawk

Adam Lanza successfully ignored every one of these provisions, so what's "smart" about them? Only the politics, that they were dragged out in the wake of Sandy Hook when it was PC to "do something!". Again, legal citizens will jump through these regulations as well as pay for them on the back end; criminals will ignore the law and evade paying for their crimes as that's what criminals do. This bill wastes the resources (time and money) of good people because of their purchase decisions.

An easy vote, No is.

I'm not certain Adam Lanza is much different that Osama bin Laden--a character in a modern day morality play.

I'm not certain Adam did any shooting at all. Certainly the official story is full of inconsistencies and contradictions.

I'm not sure if new guns laws will do any good, though I'm sure some reforms are needed. Rather there needs to be a change in how guns are viewed and treated in American culture in order for there to be progress.

The film is called “A Forgotten Odyssey”. It was on youtube but was taken down by the copyright holder. So I won’t try to put it up myself. If you desire to learn about this period then see if you can order the video. The following link may help (http://www.derekcrow...post.aspx?id=31). From other sources, it could have been as many as 2.5 million Poles were deported.

Also get Katyn. Taking both in gives you an inkling of what these people went through, how they were betrayed by the world and how one way a people lose power of their own destiny by a government. These people will tell you about liberty and freedom and how we are losing them here. These Eight Unsmart Gun Bills are more about taking away our liberties than protecting us. Uhmmm, that sounds like a quote???

yes, you are correct, i was wrong, ussr did ,turns out, invaded poland. and that fact was never thought anywhere in ussr.

however my grandparents fought alongside pols against nazis in ww2.

i didn't find anything about gun list, but i'll take your word for it.

I'm not sure if new guns laws will do any good, though I'm sure some reforms are needed. Rather there needs to be a change in how guns are viewed and treated in American culture in order for there to be progress.

They won't do any good. For a good many of us guns are a hobby much like archery or hatchet throwing. For others they are just another tool in the drawer. For those of us that have been around them all of our lives, it's not much different than having large butcher knives or hammers.

• Like 1

. Rather there needs to be a change in how guns are viewed and treated in American culture in order for there to be progress.

so how are they viwed and treated in american culture? and how they should be treated??

Edited by aztek

You know what sucks the most about all this? I have spend (since I was 20 years old) priding myself that I was a law abiding citizan. Even without fear of consequence. I naturaly believed in most laws. And even laws I disagreed with I felt they should be changed from the inside out. Sure I understood peacefull resistance. But nothing ever effected me enough to take such a stand. A couple came close, but I still always choose the lawful path to change it, and when that didnt happen, sure I complained, but I took the lost with little to no resistance and just accepted it.

But now Im faced with a possible situation where I have no choice but to be a criminal in the eyes of my government. I will not register my guns. I will not go through insane back ground checks where they look for information they already damn well know. And I for damn sure am not handing any of my guns over. Next to obediance to God, the first 10 amendments are the highest principle I hold, with the upmost respect and responcibility. And from my point of view how could I believe any different? I was raised in a great school system (one of the best as far as public schools go) where I was told that many people died for me to have the right to speak. To worship however I see fit, to be armed to the teeth to defend your self and your neighbor ect ect ect right down the whole list of 10. And now Im expected to abandon the one right that I have been raised to believe, by even authority figures, heck especialy by authority figures, who I trusted and still trust including parents, teachers ect ect was the most powerful tool to fend off any and every form of tyranny. From the guy who would beat and mug you in the street, all the way up to the highest office in the land. And suddenly Im suppose to turn all that off, and cause I cant/wont Ive been called more names over the last couple weeks then at any other time in my life. This same community that raised me, this same country that raised me, as now turned on nearly every belief they instilled in me. I only thank God that Im not alone. That there are possibly enough of us to preserve what we know to be true. Cause if they arent, Then Im no longer welcomed or wanted in this world. And I have kinda always felt that way, but now more then ever.

• Like 2

I will not register my guns.

Honestly, why? do you have something to hide :tu:

But seriously at some point let's say you have a break with reality and you or someone does bad things with your guns. You see no benefit to registration? We register cars for crying out loud.

And your school system taught you to be armed to the teeth? An interesting concept.

...let's say you have a break with reality and you or someone does bad things with your guns. You see no benefit to registration? We register cars for crying out loud.

Interesting point.

But "Do you have something to hide?" isn't the right question. We don't flex our rights because we have something to hide sir. We flex our rights because we do not, and the Constitution is worth defending.

I respect local laws. I recognize that if I don't like local laws, I'm free to move somewhere else. What I don't accept is federal crackdowns on state, local, and foreign laws. Even Mormon polygamists marrying off their underage daughters. People actually thought I was a religious kook or a polygamist for defending Mormon compounds in Texas, just like they think I'm a Muslim for defending Muslims in the Middle East. "Let Texas handle it" seemed to get the point across well enough. Maybe it's Texas's reputation with law enforcement. If only "Let the Middle East handle it" could be so effective.

I don't understand the reluctance to register guns. (We don't have to in Colorado but we have.)

I register my car, my income and heck, I even register my kids.

I don't think registering is a big deal at all.

Nibs

I don't understand the reluctance to register guns. (We don't have to in Colorado but we have.)

Nibs

If you are convinced that the only purpose of the government is to come get you, you do your best to not register anything and the complain about the government when you are fined.

What I don't understand is: How can anybody be so big on himself to be convinced that the government's only purpose is to get him.

If you are convinced that the only purpose of the government is to come get you, you do your best to not register anything and the complain about the government when you are fined.

What I don't understand is: How can anybody be so big on himself to be convinced that the government's only purpose is to get him.

Gah, so many people create (usually in their heads) their own problems and blame the results on the gummit.

Nibs

I don’t think it is perceived to be personal but ultimately, isn’t that the only real purpose of government?

I don't think it is perceived to be personal but ultimately, isn't that the only real purpose of government?

as long as it gets chosen by majority, certainly not.

Nibs

Registration is the NECESSARY precursor to any scheme of confiscation. Registered guns give the authorities a database of where weapons can be seized.

Registration is the NECESSARY precursor to any scheme of confiscation. Registered guns give the authorities a database of where weapons can be seized.

Is that why we have to register our cars?

Nibs