Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Time

soulpowertothenthdegree

One night I was laying down in the grass on the corner of a neighbor's house. It was a clear night around 2:00 am. I used to do this often at least 2 or 3 nights a week. It was a big yard that I could lay down in and not be disturbed by traffic or other neighbor's. The people that owned the house didn't mind. I was very close friends with one of their daughters. Usually, I would just watch the stars and try to locate different constellations. It was peaceful and serene, yet something else kept drawing to this place and could not put my finger on it. I was drawn to this specific spot constantly. I didn't really have a reason to be there, but there I was.

This particular night that I am writing about started out the same way, with me laying down looking at Orion and trying to locate the Pleiades star cluster, 2 favorites of mine. I was always drawn to those parts of the sky, also, for some strange reason. This night I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye and when I looked to see what it was, it shot off out of sight in a blink. Now, normally I would only hang out here for 2 hours (my dad would be getting up at a certain time) and be back at home before 4:45 at the latest.

This night, however, I found myself in a different spot in this yard and the Sun was coming up. I looked at my watch and it read 6:20 am. Frantically, I ran home to try and beat my Dad to the kitchen, I did not want him to know I had been out late hanging out in these people's yard. I just made it in the house and managed to get to my room as I heard Dad coming down the stairs from his office. I laid in my bed trying to catch my breath. This is when it hit me, How did I end up in a different spot (about 100 feet away from my normal spot) in this yard? How did I lose track of time? I never fell asleep that I could remember, I wasn't drinking or doing drugs, so I didn't pass out.

This was only one of many times I had strange things happen to me that I cannot explain, but this was the first time I realized the "lost time". I used to go to bed in pajama's too with my window open only to wake up completely naked and the window closed. This happened to me many time as a child before my "lost time" episode, but I never really thought about those other times until 20 years later.

Recently, I have been having these same feelings, but I do not live anywhere near wear I used to live. In fact, I live several thousands of miles away, but my attraction to Orion and the Pleiades is just as strong as ever and I find myself absorbed once again. I have some strange scars that have shown up over the years that have no explanation. I have had several knee operations, but these scars are located in completely different parts of my body that I never had any injuries to. I don't have proof of anything and I don't claim to know this is real, but it sure feels real. I spend many nights looking in the same places as I did when I was younger and I definitely believe we are not alone in this expansive Universe.

Just wanted to share this experience. This is the first time I have.

• Like 3

I don't have an answer, but I really liked reading your story. I have the same unexplained fascination for the Sun and moon as you do for the constellations, though it only came for me a year ago. But I know what you mean. Sometimes when I lay and attempt to meditate, I will rarely get to that place I want to be these days, but after thinking about and processing many things about me and my life, I will 'wake up' and realize what felt like an extremely long time was like 10 or 15 minutes (etc.), and feel that same weird feeling as if I had 'fallen out of time' (it's what I call it). It's an interesting thing.

Great story, thanks for sharing and welcome to UM.

Time is a weird perception. Especially at night I think. Sometimes on a night shift; I can sit outside having a smoke, which usually takes around 5 minutes, I'll be looking up at the stars and then I'll realise nearly an hour has passed. I know I haven't been anywhere because usually a colleague will say they saw me looking up doing nothing...when I should be working.

I think you simply lost track of time, its common - especially when you're in a place you're familiar with. As for moving, you probably just forgot. I can't remember the drive home sometimes...and yes, I was sober.

I don't have an answer, but I really liked reading your story. I have the same unexplained fascination for the Sun and moon as you do for the constellations, though it only came for me a year ago. But I know what you mean. Sometimes when I lay and attempt to meditate, I will rarely get to that place I want to be these days, but after thinking about and processing many things about me and my life, I will 'wake up' and realize what felt like an extremely long time was like 10 or 15 minutes (etc.), and feel that same weird feeling as if I had 'fallen out of time' (it's what I call it). It's an interesting thing.

Thanks. Not really looking for answers from anyone. It is what it is. A very strange experience where I lost 1:30 of time and ended up in a different place in a yard where I always stayed in one spot. Not once before this did I fall asleep. I never felt like I fell asleep this time either. This wasn't like I was daydreaming either.

could you have fallen asleep and sleep walked?

It's possible. However, people that sleep walk usually do so from their bed, not from a yard where they look at the sky regularly. So, no I don't believe this to be the case. As I also mentioned I had other episodes along with unexplained scars.

Great story, thanks for sharing and welcome to UM.

Life can be stranger than fiction. Thanks.

Time is a weird perception. Especially at night I think. Sometimes on a night shift; I can sit outside having a smoke, which usually takes around 5 minutes, I'll be looking up at the stars and then I'll realise nearly an hour has passed. I know I haven't been anywhere because usually a colleague will say they saw me looking up doing nothing...when I should be working.

I think you simply lost track of time, its common - especially when you're in a place you're familiar with. As for moving, you probably just forgot. I can't remember the drive home sometimes...and yes, I was sober.

No. This was not me just losing track of time. I had the same routine anytime I went there. This was a case of "lost time". As I mentioned other strange happenings have occurred and I have never had a satisfactory explanation in my own mind other than something out of the ordinary happened to me. This was just the first such occurrence of "lost time", not the only one.

I like Orion and the Pleiades too. They're nice to look at, especially now as Jupiter is right up there also. I use these to locate the plough (big dipper) and then the north star...its probably why I end up spending more time outside when I should be working.

I think my attraction to the Pleiades is that all the stars are so faint, the longer you look, the more become visible as your eyes adjust. Can you think of any reason you might be drawn to these constellations?

I like Orion and the Pleiades too. They're nice to look at, especially now as Jupiter is right up there also. I use these to locate the plough (big dipper) and then the north star...its probably why I end up spending more time outside when I should be working.

I think my attraction to the Pleiades is that all the stars are so faint, the longer you look, the more become visible as your eyes adjust. Can you think of any reason you might be drawn to these constellations?

Yes. I can think of at least 3 reasons. One, I do believe in reincarnation and that it does not necessarily confine us to this world. Two, I have lived past lives here that have had a correlation to other civilizations, the Sumerian, the Lemurian (Atlantis) and the Egyptian. Three, it is possible I have been abducted in this life to be acclimated or reacquainted to past life situations on other planets in those locations.

It's possible. However, people that sleep walk usually do so from their bed, not from a yard where they look at the sky regularly. So, no I don't believe this to be the case. As I also mentioned I had other episodes along with unexplained scars.

Sleep walkers have driven cars, had sex, held conversations ... the scars could be a result of your nocturnal ambulations - especially if you're outside in a place you're not as familiar with the lay of the land as you could be.

• Like 2

I liked reading your story it was interesting. I like gazing at the night sky too and wondering if there is someone out that gazing back.

Do you lose track of time often?

I liked reading your story it was interesting. I like gazing at the night sky too and wondering if there is someone out that gazing back.

Do you lose track of time often?

I wouldn't say often, but is happened at least 10 times in my life. The only reason I shared this experience specifically was it was the first time that I had an awareness of it. I spent many nights in that yard and it was the first time I ended up being in a different place with no explanation for how I got there. Really, 100 ft away and one minute it was 2:30 am and the next it was Sun coming up.

Edited by soulpowertothenthdegree

You often sleep with window open and out in the yard? I would be afraid to do that. But the scar that you speak of, is it like an operation scar, like a deep cut? could you be more specific of the location of the scars? As for going to sleep with cloth on and wake up naked. It's pretty darn scary if you ask me.

I think its more likely that this is all happening inside your head..... and has nothing to do with the outside world.

I have lost track of a week.. No recollection of it at all.. Went to bed on tues night woke up on we'd to find that it a week had passed..

I think its more likely that this is all happening inside your head..... and has nothing to do with the outside world.

Isn't it obvious it happened in his head and not your or mine? and as for the second part, there's no proof of that.

• Like 1

I have lost track of a week.. No recollection of it at all.. Went to bed on tues night woke up on we'd to find that it a week had passed..

bloody hell.... what did work say?

Oktoberfest?

Big Day Out?

Blue Moon over Byron?

Any of those would do it for me.

Was in my hah younger days when I used to drink and do drugs :)

Went out with the mates.. The gf and went to work.. Just don't remember it

Was in my hah younger days when I used to drink and do drugs :)

Went out with the mates.. The gf and went to work.. Just don't remember it

I hear ya mate.

And I miss the good old days :D Not sure I could still do it now in my 40's.

You often sleep with window open and out in the yard? I would be afraid to do that. But the scar that you speak of, is it like an operation scar, like a deep cut? could you be more specific of the location of the scars? As for going to sleep with cloth on and wake up naked. It's pretty darn scary if you ask me.

These experiences (lost time episodes) happened over period of time from when I was 6 until I was 35. The window and clothes incidents happened from the time I was 6 until the time I was 16. I never attributed them to being abducted until later in life.

The scars I speak of are located in various places; my left wrist, my left ankle, my left lower abdomen and according to my wife, the back of my head on the left side (from her view). The fact these are all on my left side is weird in itself. I have not had any specific x-rays to these portions of my body. I have not had occasion to do this since I became aware. I do not have deep pockets to afford having a cat-scan or even specific areas examined.

Perhaps one day (I do leave specific instructions upon my termination of this human condition), they will find something to explain these scars and if so the findings are to be published in a specific organization's archives.

I was not naive enough to think the trolls would not show up in this thread. Congratulations! Contrary to your obvious funny comments, I was not drinking or doing drugs when any of these events happened.

I won't lie. Finding yourself naked as a child, window closed...and being moved in a field? Get your anus checked...you alien love machine ;) (jk)

On a serious note, I myself have woken up while doing the wife. Apparently I got busy when I was sleeping away, she thought I was awake until about half way through I woke up and was like "Hell yeah, better than an alarm clock!". I've also woken up sitting on the edge of my bed, peeing, half naked and laughing, to name some. It's natural.

I've witnessed my brother in law, when he was a youngster (8 or so ) constantly sleep walking, talking to himself, changing his clothes, using the bathroom, drinking water and so on. We had to guide him back to bed so his big sis and I could...nevermind ;D

My oldest son gets up and wanders, he's 8 now and has been doing it for a couple of years. Like his uncle did.

Personally I think that the brain wakes up to a degree to allow basic motor function and control, and the subconcious takes control of the body. This is what allows higher functions such as sex, having a snack, drink of water, peeing, and so on. I don't think that you'd start the NY Times crossword puzzle with any success, but dressing/undressing, nookie, eating, all the basics you do while awake and don't think about it? Perfectly reasonable.

I was not naive enough to think the trolls would not show up in this thread. Congratulations! Contrary to your obvious funny comments, I was not drinking or doing drugs when any of these events happened.

Has your family had strange happenings?