Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I dreamed God?

ChristoBG

Hi. As you may see, I'm new here and I registered just to share you one of my dreams. I think this is a nice place and I really think that I will like it in here.

I remember my dreams very rarely. The dream I have dreamed was almost month ago, but I really want to share it with you, because it still creeps me out.

First, please, excuse me for my English skills, I'm not native English speaker, so, maybe I will make some mistakes... Okay...

That was one of my biggest nightmares... or vivid dreams. I dreamed that I'm getting up and preparing myself to go to school. I remember that my neck was really itchy and I felt like it was burned. So I went to the bathroom (in my dream) to see what happens to me and with shock, I see that all of my skin on the neck was burn and when touched, it was really painful. The skin was kinda peeled off and on the blood (the thin layer of the skin from which you can see the blood more clear) was engraved some latin text. I remember only the intro - "Que un homo..." after I woke up, but I remember that there was much more, but I don't know what it was So I went to change my pijama to clothes for school and the interesting here was that it didn't hurt that much now. I remember the pain, actually. I remember that it trully hurts and how real it felt. So, I changed my clothes to some shirt with a collar (not so typical for me), I wanted my classmates to see that engraved latin text and burned scars on my neck... I don't know, I'm a shy boy and I would love to see some attention from the other, even for a thing like that. The latin text still was something really questionable for me in my dream and... yeah, like in a dream, I suddenly got a book in front of myself, translating what it means. Now... I don't remember whether I could actually read latin or it was translated already to my language, however, I have no clue and I don't remember anything for what it meant. And there goes the black space... So I went now to get my backpack and be ready for school. The time was 7:52, but the number five actually started transforming to 7 and after couple of... moments, I clearly saw the clock as 7:72, wow. My mother wasn't in the house, she was at work, so I was about to leave the house alone. I went down the stairs (we have actually three little stairs, but they seemed like much more) and I put my shoes on. Then... again, like in a dream, my mother appeared like a ghost or time&space traveller in my room and screamed my name. She said to go to her (I felt the disharmony in her voice, it was like she was threatened by someone)... So I tried to go to the room, but something stopped me. I wanted to walk, but my legs weren't moving. I falled on the stairs, my mother was screaming in the other room. The intensity of the light from the outside started to increase. The house was about to blow from light. I got almost blind, everything was pure white, I still could hear my mother screaming, but this time I heard another voice. I think it was God... He said something bad about me, I don't remember what it was now, but I remember the fear... I remembear how scared I was from Him, because He seemed to yell at me for not believing... And on top of that, there was and another sound... like a monobass... my ears were... erm, it's like that sound with high frequency... The light went down to normal again and then I woke up.

Nobody was in the house, I stood in bed for almost an hour, keep repeating to myself... "I will believe in Him", "was that dream true?"... I must say to you, guys, that was

the most vivid dream ever happened to me!

Sorry if I made some mistakes, you don't know how much emotional I got when I was writing it. :) Chills all over my body...

So... what could it mean? Is it some fear that I'm not a believer (kinda atheist... or I don't know, I just think there are too many questions and much less answers)... And that fear is because I don't know the truth about whether He exists or not?

Is it all in my mind or there is something more? :)

• Like 2

It is all in your mind; the dream, the fear, your perception of the time...

Because you heard a voice, it was God? Is that true?

If God is Love, does love criticize, or does love help? Does Love become angry and yell or is love patient, kind, and compassion?

These are questions that I would be asking myself, if I were in your shoes, and if not, I would say that the being definitely isn't "God" but is a voice - a voice playing on the sub-conscious fears for control.

• Like 1

So... what could it mean? Is it some fear that I'm not a believer (kinda atheist... or I don't know, I just think there are too many questions and much less answers)... And that fear is because I don't know the truth about whether He exists or not?

There's no real way for any of us to know how authentically real the dream was. I myself am a strong believer in God, and a follower of Jesus Christ, therefore I do believe it is possible for him to speak in dreams. However based on the information you've given, it sounds to me more like you have some sort of fear or psychological issues surrounding the subject of God that simply manifested itself in dream form.

You said you were a sorta atheist, (I'm guessing agnostically inclined) and what I hear from many agnostics is a moderate to severe fear of death due to their openness to the possibility of an afterlife while still not accepting any particular belief. This could be a possible fear of yours that psychologically exposed itself in dream form.

Like I said, I don't really know. My personal suggestion is to research the subject a little more thoroughly on dreams and the mind's affect on them, and for you to open your mind to higher spirituality.

I know many will disagree with this next advise, but I must say it. I would like to ask you to please open your heart and mind to Jesus Christ. I myself was agnostic for a time, but I tell you the truth, he is real and he is waiting. I don't know how God came accross in the dream, but I know that despite his disgust for the world's sin, he still does love every one of us.

If there is any further help you need or just wanna chat, feel free to message me anytime, oh, and welcome to the site! :D

Hi. As you may see, I'm new here and I registered just to share you one of my dreams. I think this is a nice place and I really think that I will like it in here.

I remember my dreams very rarely. The dream I have dreamed was almost month ago, but I really want to share it with you, because it still creeps me out.

First, please, excuse me for my English skills, I'm not native English speaker, so, maybe I will make some mistakes... Okay...

That was one of my biggest nightmares... or vivid dreams. I dreamed that I'm getting up and preparing myself to go to school. I remember that my neck was really itchy and I felt like it was burned. So I went to the bathroom (in my dream) to see what happens to me and with shock, I see that all of my skin on the neck was burn and when touched, it was really painful. The skin was kinda peeled off and on the blood (the thin layer of the skin from which you can see the blood more clear) was engraved some latin text. I remember only the intro - "Que un homo..." after I woke up, but I remember that there was much more, but I don't know what it was So I went to change my pijama to clothes for school and the interesting here was that it didn't hurt that much now. I remember the pain, actually. I remember that it trully hurts and how real it felt. So, I changed my clothes to some shirt with a collar (not so typical for me), I wanted my classmates to see that engraved latin text and burned scars on my neck... I don't know, I'm a shy boy and I would love to see some attention from the other, even for a thing like that. The latin text still was something really questionable for me in my dream and... yeah, like in a dream, I suddenly got a book in front of myself, translating what it means. Now... I don't remember whether I could actually read latin or it was translated already to my language, however, I have no clue and I don't remember anything for what it meant. And there goes the black space... So I went now to get my backpack and be ready for school. The time was 7:52, but the number five actually started transforming to 7 and after couple of... moments, I clearly saw the clock as 7:72, wow. My mother wasn't in the house, she was at work, so I was about to leave the house alone. I went down the stairs (we have actually three little stairs, but they seemed like much more) and I put my shoes on. Then... again, like in a dream, my mother appeared like a ghost or time&space traveller in my room and screamed my name. She said to go to her (I felt the disharmony in her voice, it was like she was threatened by someone)... So I tried to go to the room, but something stopped me. I wanted to walk, but my legs weren't moving. I falled on the stairs, my mother was screaming in the other room. The intensity of the light from the outside started to increase. The house was about to blow from light. I got almost blind, everything was pure white, I still could hear my mother screaming, but this time I heard another voice. I think it was God... He said something bad about me, I don't remember what it was now, but I remember the fear... I remembear how scared I was from Him, because He seemed to yell at me for not believing... And on top of that, there was and another sound... like a monobass... my ears were... erm, it's like that sound with high frequency... The light went down to normal again and then I woke up.

Nobody was in the house, I stood in bed for almost an hour, keep repeating to myself... "I will believe in Him", "was that dream true?"... I must say to you, guys, that was

the most vivid dream ever happened to me!

Sorry if I made some mistakes, you don't know how much emotional I got when I was writing it. :) Chills all over my body...

Is it all in my mind or there is something more? :)

Hi, Welcome to UM..

I don't know what the dream/voyage meant, only you can truely desypher that.. But "Que un homo" translates as "What a homo" according to google translate..

Is it all in your mind? The Perception of it is..

Is there something more? Yep, there always is, I have no doubt about that.. The more you question reality the more you will understand. Dreams are reality..

Edited by Professor T

I am more interested in the interplay between you and your mother in the dream. The mother is the guide that shows us what part of ourselves we need to work on psychologically. That you were in a state of separation from your mother/guide suggests you are ignoring your psychological health and well being, you are ignoring what your conscience is telling you is the correct thing to do and making reasons to do the opposite in your mind. You are in danger of acting against your own good conscience in a matter that will lead you on a negative path through life. Be careful not to be swayed and fascinated by dark thoughts born of anger, envy or hate.

• Like 1

Dreams can be confusing trying to figure out what they mean. They are usually a result of issues in your life. I don't believe you were visited by god, not that I don't think you can't be visited in your dreams by the spirit world.

I was having some pretty crazy dreams when I was taking this supplement melatonin. Discovered that will cause some people to have vivid nightmares.

WelcomeSprayPaint.gif

Thank you very much for your kind responses! I think I'm more opened to @libstaK's comment, because she is right. I do ignore many of my problems, thinking that they'll fade away in time. When you mentioned dark thoughts - the examples you've given are not true for me. When a dark thought comes to my mind, often it becomes to a depression, not some anger or hate. Maybe anger or hate to myself, I don't want to harm others, so I move the effect to the inside - myself. Well, I thought I got over that part of my life, but as it seems the fact that I was ignoring it all the time, didn't help removing it.

As for the other's comments. I think that I'm still opened to God, there is this part of me that sorta believes in Him, but... that part is truly under doubt, because I think logically and I'm trying to find meaning in everything, so I ask many questions to myself, about Him, etc. and that is the base of that doubt. Or... I'm more opened to God, not to any religion. By the way, my cousins are 36 years old (much older than me) and they're "truly" believers. Before that dream, we had a fight. I asked them many questions, which they didn't actually answered. I decided to stop that, because I saw that I was hurting them by saying these things... I don't like hurting people, but they decided to continue. I remember that they said - "You're named after God, after Jesus Christ (...)" – yeah, that is true and there is the irony... (In Eastern Europe countries we put "o" for male names and "a" for female - Christo).

I'm going to try to be a better person and more open to God, but there is the little problem - I don't like the religions, including Christianity... too complicated for me... and too many obligations to do :D

Edited by ChristoBG

Because you heard a voice, it was God? Is that true?

Often there are things you just know in your dreams. There could be no other reasonable explanation other than 'I just knew'. This sounds like the case. These type of 'just knowing' feelings or thoughts are the most true in a dream, I think. Things felt that haven't been translated into the physical dream play in a way that explains or justifies the feeling, but nevertheless are there.

• Like 2

I'm going to try to be a better person and more open to God, but there is the little problem - I don't like the religions, including Christianity... too complicated for me... and too many obligations to do :D

That's good. I had a night/day of dreams last year, ending in a horrible one where, long story short, I simply had given up on myself, and laid down, knowing it would be my last sleep, as I was about to die. Upon waking the next morning, my entire personality and outlook was changed. I hope this type of dream has happened to you here.

And religion in no way necessary. Create your own, but try not to convert anyone to it. Just let them know how you feel and what you think, but don't expect them to change their minds. This is one of the many problems of religions.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

There's no real way for any of us to know how authentically real the dream was. I myself am a strong believer in God, and a follower of Jesus Christ, therefore I do believe it is possible for him to speak in dreams. However based on the information you've given, it sounds to me more like you have some sort of fear or psychological issues surrounding the subject of God that simply manifested itself in dream form.

You said you were a sorta atheist, (I'm guessing agnostically inclined) and what I hear from many agnostics is a moderate to severe fear of death due to their openness to the possibility of an afterlife while still not accepting any particular belief. This could be a possible fear of yours that psychologically exposed itself in dream form.

Like I said, I don't really know. My personal suggestion is to research the subject a little more thoroughly on dreams and the mind's affect on them, and for you to open your mind to higher spirituality.

I know many will disagree with this next advise, but I must say it. I would like to ask you to please open your heart and mind to Jesus Christ. I myself was agnostic for a time, but I tell you the truth, he is real and he is waiting. I don't know how God came accross in the dream, but I know that despite his disgust for the world's sin, he still does love every one of us.

If there is any further help you need or just wanna chat, feel free to message me anytime, oh, and welcome to the site! :D

i like how u are trying to convert him into your cult you charlatan :D just kidding. and about what u said here: [ "You said you were a sorta atheist, (I'm guessing agnostically inclined) and what I hear from many agnostics is a moderate to severe fear of death due to their openness to the possibility of an afterlife while still not accepting any particular belief." ] you just basically said the reason why ppl convert to christianity is bcuz in their religion there is an afterlife