Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alarming sight on rooftops..thousand of...

Sakari

410587.jpg

Alarming sight: thousands of shark fins drying on Hong Kong rooftop

By: Pete Thomas, GrindTV.com

The number of shark fins set out to dry like the morning laundry on a Hong Kong factory building rooftop is staggering. To look at the accompanying images and video, revealing perhaps 10,000 fins, and to grasp that sharks are being slaughtered at a furious pace so their fins can be used to make soup, one cannot help but wonder how many years will pass before at least some shark species are banished to extinction.....................................

More.... http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/50552/alarming+sight+thousands+of+shark+fins+drying+on+hong+kong+rooftop/

There's a huge movement to stop shark finning. You see how much they are paying attention .

It's not us who need to be afraid of sharks ,its the other way around .

• Like 4

I don't really have much comment one way or the other on the shark fin issue...honestly, I was so moved by the story of Sakari, I haven't really taken on the thread at hand in a serious fashion...thanks for posting that link to your wolf.

• Like 1

I hate these idiots using shark fin, tiger penis, bear bile, etc.

• Like 3

But scientists estimate that up to 70 million sharks are killed each year, solely for their fins.

Another example of such a vile waste of life.

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 4

It reminds me of the stories about the buffalo. Human stupidity and greed seem to be the only truly unchanging things in creation.

• Like 5

I don't really have much comment one way or the other on the shark fin issue...honestly, I was so moved by the story of Sakari, I haven't really taken on the thread at hand in a serious fashion...thanks for posting that link to your wolf.

Thank You for that.

• Like 1

I hate these idiots using shark fin, tiger penis, bear bile, etc.

Tiger anything is illegal now ,they're killing lions instead,passing it off as tiger . Lion population is dwindling now be ause if it . . Bear bile is illegal in some countries ,but not China .

But how will we know when the shark's coming for us now? Just wait for the Jaws music?